Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotW - Old Hungers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    They look like the Champion did in his skeletal form. The wood is very old, though how old Cron cannot tell without taking some time.

Cron tries moving them around, listening for any clicks or sounds.

'I once played a game where the statues had to face a certain direction and it opened a hidden door. Wonder if something like that might happen here?'

He muses to himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Cron hears a click and the back wall opens, revealing a spear glowing with orange energy.

Cron hears a click and the back wall opens, revealing a spear glowing with orange energy.

Cron approaches the spear and tentatively reaches out to grab it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Three of the houses look pretty simple. Two floors, each with two rooms. Wooden construction, now exposed to the air. The fourth however is brick, though the paint is long gone and fairly intact, with a heavy wooden door.

Darren looks for a window to look in.

Necro wrote: »
    Cron approaches the spear and tentatively reaches out to grab it.
    The spear speaks to Cron.

"Cron, you have always known you have a destiny, with me you shall find it. For I am the spear that pierces the hearts of gods!"

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Darren looks for a window to look in.
    There is one with the glass still intact. It's simply a well kept 19th century house on the inside. Green wallpaper, wooden chairs and tables, a tea set. Within the sitting room there is a desk with hundreds of sheets of paper bearing occult symbols.

The spear speaks to Cron.

"Cron, you have always known you have a destiny, with me you shall find it. For I am the spear that pierces the hearts of gods!"

Cron looks weirdly at the spear.

'So you can talk, eh? Any chance you could conjure me up a steak... or a burger or something? I'm famished!'

He grabs the spear and waits for a response or reaction.

There is one with the glass still intact. It's simply a well kept 19th century house on the inside. Green wallpaper, wooden chairs and tables, a tea set. Within the sitting room there is a desk with hundreds of sheets of paper bearing occult symbols.

"Regular sized furniture. Crafty buggers."
    If he still has that shotgun (else : pistol) he primes it and tries pushing then pulling the front door, staying to one side and preparing to shoot low.

Cron looks weirdly at the spear.

'So you can talk, eh? Any chance you could conjure me up a steak... or a burger or something? I'm famished!'

He grabs the spear and waits for a response or reaction.
    Cron gets a feeling of offense.

Then a steak appears at his feet.

"Regular sized furniture. Crafty buggers."
    If he still has that shotgun (else : pistol) he primes it and tries pushing then pulling the front door, staying to one side and preparing to shoot low.
    The door opens easily enough. Nothing emerges from the house.

• Advertisement

Cron gets a feeling of offense.

Then a steak appears at his feet.

Cron picks up the steak and examines it.

'Bloody - just the way I like it! Thanks chum! Now let's go and pierce some God's hearts, just so we're both happy.'

Cron slings the spear over his back while he tucks into the steak and heads back upstairs. He washes it down with another swig of whiskey.

The door opens easily enough. Nothing emerges from the house.

In he goes, cautiously, checking corners.
    If he reaches the study he checks the tea set first, then the desk.

In he goes, cautiously, checking corners.
    If he reaches the study he checks the tea set first, then the desk.
    The tea set looks like it might be worth a bit, but nothing else sticks out about it.

The desk is quite fancy, mahogany. Very out of place with the rough and tumble 'set up in a day' feel of the rest of the town.

On the desk are two boxes and about twenty loose sheets. The desk has two drawers.

The tea set looks like it might be worth a bit, but nothing else sticks out about it.

The desk is quite fancy, mahogany. Very out of place with the rough and tumble 'set up in a day' feel of the rest of the town.

On the desk are two boxes and about twenty loose sheets. The desk has two drawers.

Unless there's fire nearby or the boxes look very delicate Darren tries hacking at the legs of the desk to make it a more appropriate height for its tiny bastard owners.

Unless there's fire nearby or the boxes look very delicate Darren tries hacking at the legs of the desk to make it a more appropriate height for its tiny bastard owners.
    The desk collapses, one of the boxes opens slightly, revealing a large leaf.

Bubby sees Darren head into the largest and fanciest house in the town, on the opposite side of the street from the Shop, Mill and Saloon.

Cron had entered the Saloon and not yet come out.

Darren seemed to have jumped back from something at the Mill after looting the shop.

OOC: Nebel and Evade, quick recap for ye for your convenience if ye're around

Cron picks up the steak and examines it.

'Bloody - just the way I like it! Thanks chum! Now let's go and pierce some God's hearts, just so we're both happy.'

Cron slings the spear over his back while he tucks into the steak and heads back upstairs. He washes it down with another swig of whiskey.
    Thirst thoroughly quenched Cron is ready to go.

OOC: Cool temporarily +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

*Shoomp* Nathaniel reincorporates a few feet away from Bubby "... The truth, now!" Natahniel looks around "Still in the Colonies, it seems. There must be something afoot if I continue to reincorporate here."

Thirst thoroughly quenched Cron is ready to go.

OOC: Cool temporarily +1

Cron heads back outside and looks around for the others.

Evade wrote: »
    *Shoomp* Nathaniel reincorporates a few feet away from Bubby "... The truth, now!" Natahniel looks around "Still in the Colonies, it seems. There must be something afoot if I continue to reincorporate here."
    Nathaniel senses a foul presence from the the Mill, definitely a major spiritual manifestation within.

• Advertisement

The desk collapses, one of the boxes opens slightly, revealing a large leaf.

Convinced it's not a desk mimic, Darren lifts the lid of the box with the end of his axe, then grabs the leaf.

Convinced it's not a desk mimic, Darren lifts the lid of the box with the end of his axe, then grabs the leaf.
    He does so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Bubby leisurely paces towards Darren and keeps his eyes out for the others.

Nathaniel senses a foul presence from the the Mill, definitely a major spiritual manifestation within.
    "Has anyone investigated the millhouse? It reeks of malaise." Nathaniel cautiously approaches the entrance to the mill.

Bubby leisurely paces towards Darren and keeps his eyes out for the others.
    Bubby quickly catches up with Darren within the house. Seeing the desk with papers Darren has smashed and the boxes that have fallen onto the ground.

Evade wrote: »
    "Has anyone investigated the millhouse? It reeks of malaise." Nathaniel cautiously approaches the entrance to the mill.
    As he does so Nathaniel sees a large tongue licking and thrashing against the walls outside the door.

The tongue itself comes from the shadowed interior of the Mill, to what it is attached he cannot see.

Bubby quickly catches up with Darren within the house. Seeing the desk with papers Darren has smashed and the boxes that have fallen onto the ground.

Bubby looks at Darren, somewhat befuddled, and asks "There, uh... Was a reason for concern?" pointing towards the assaulted desk.

Bubby looks at the papers and checks the boxes for any markings, to see anything of interest and something that may have set his comrade 'off'.

As he does so Nathaniel sees a large tongue licking and thrashing against the walls outside the door.

The tongue itself comes from the shadowed interior of the Mill, to what it is attached he cannot see.
    "As a man out of time forgive my ignorance but that" he points at the tongue "is still considered abnormal, yes?"

Bubby follows Nathaniels gaze, still somewhat confused by the scene in front of him, and looks at the Mill.

"That, seems like it could be reason for concern, yes...". Nathaniel moves to the door opening to see if he can get a better view.

• Advertisement

OOC: Can I use 'The Sight' here? or should I be closer?

Advertisement