Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotW - Old Hungers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Bubby looks at Darren, somewhat befuddled, and asks "There, uh... Was a reason for concern?" pointing towards the assaulted desk.

Bubby looks at the papers and checks the boxes for any markings, to see anything of interest and something that may have set his comrade 'off'.
    Going through the papers, he sees the community here entered into some kind of relationship with Sha'gal, just as Bubby himself had.

It seems Sha'gal had been asleep for a long time due to lack of worshipers. When the town was built, during their first winter they needed to hunt to survive and they were pretty ruthless about it. That's what stirred Sha'gal back to activity.

It seems they worshipped him for forty or so years before some of their number went to the nearby river basin to establish Augusta itself. This seems to have been a result of Sha'gal telling them of a god who was once in the same pantheon as himself. A god of life and death.

It seems some left this village to worship or find the other god. The papers give the location of the main temple for the new god, called Ghutuk. It seems the worshipper of Ghutuk and Sha'gal were friendly for a while, until disagreements turned to slaughter and this mining town was wiped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Bubby looks at Darren, somewhat befuddled, and asks "There, uh... Was a reason for concern?" pointing towards the assaulted desk.

Bubby looks at the papers and checks the boxes for any markings, to see anything of interest and something that may have set his comrade 'off'.

"Dwarves!" Darren bellows. "Little bastards made a man sized room to trap me - they no I can't resist a comfy chair!- and have my whore of an ex wife locked up in the mill ready to eat anything that goes inside!"

OOC: Can I use 'The Sight' here? or should I be closer?
    OOC: You can use it

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Fourier wrote: »
    Going through the papers, he sees the community here entered into some kind of relationship with Sha'gal, just as Bubby himself had.

It seems Sha'gal had been asleep for a long time due to lack of worshipers. When the town was built, during their first winter they needed to hunt to survive and they were pretty ruthless about it. That's what stirred Sha'gal back to activity.

It seems they worshipped him for forty or so years before some of their number went to the nearby river basin to establish Augusta itself. This seems to have been a result of Sha'gal telling them of a god who was once in the same pantheon as himself. A god of life and death.

It seems some left this village to worship or find the other god. The papers give the location of the main temple for the new god, called Ghutuk. It seems the worshipper of Ghutuk and Sha'gal were friendly for a while, until disagreements turned to slaughter and this mining town was wiped out.

With the other god, Ghutuk on his mind, Bubby continues staring at the shadows pouring out of the mill.

He lays his hands on Darren's shoulder, in an attempt to distract him from the dwarven infused rage and focus on the blackness at the mill.

Bubby uses his sight, to see into the shadows, in an attempt to detect anything otherwordly.

OOC: lol, sorry forgot Second Sight wasn't just for Investigate rolls

Bubby looks into the room and sees a creature of pure muscle, no skin covering said muscle, chained to what seems to be a steam boiler. It's massive, at least 15' tall. Its arms end in 5' talons that look sharp enough to slice a man in half.

• Advertisement

Bubby, shocked by the size of the creature, attempts to tune in the hopes of finding out what exactly its doing there.

OOC: Can I roll for this? :D

Ooc : that's her all right. Yugoslavian tennis player.

Bubby, shocked by the size of the creature, attempts to tune in the hopes of finding out what exactly its doing there.

OOC: Can I roll for this? :D
    The creature seems to have been what the Ghutuk cult used to attack this town. Bubby gets an image of the other cult's temple from the creatures mind, confirming the notes from the desk.

As he does, the creature looks straight at him.

Bubby feels it warning the Ghutuk cult.

Bubby turns around to Darren and Nathaniel.

"Sh*t, I think we have to go... Whatever is in the Mill, spotted me and has alerted the cult."

He hesitates, slaps Darren on the cheek and announces "I got this!"

Bubby runs towards the Mill, hesitates as he comes closer and proceeds running in the opposite direction.

"Where is that car of yours?!" he screams at Darren's direction as he continues legging it.

Bubby turns around to Darren and Nathaniel.

"Sh*t, I think we have to go... Whatever is in the Mill, spotted me and has alerted the cult."

He hesitates, slaps Darren on the cheek and announces "I got this!"

Bubby runs towards the Mill, hesitates as he comes closer and proceeds running in the opposite direction.

"Where is that car of yours?!" he screams at Darren's direction as he continues legging it.

"It's at the bottom of the lake! Unless.... "

Invoking my Dodge guarantee that covers parts and labour!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

Nathaniel backs off following Bubby "Perhaps you should not follow" Nathaniel says looking to the doorway

OOC: Can I try to Jinx the Licker creature in case it follows?

Evade wrote: »
    Nathaniel backs off following Bubby "Perhaps you should not follow" Nathaniel says looking to the doorway

OOC: Can I try to Jinx the Licker creature in case it follows?
    OOC: No copyright of Capcom Corporation Limited has been infringed on :D
    Roll +Weird

OOC: So Nathaniel got 14, pick two from the following list from the book:
    1. Interfere with a hunter, giving them -1 forward.
    2. Help a hunter, giving them +1 forward, by interfering with
    3. their enemy.
    4. Interfere with what a monster, minion, or bystander is trying
    5. to do.
    6. Inflict 1-harm on the target due to an accident.
    7. The target finds something you left for them.
    8. The target loses something that you will soon find.

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: No copyright of Capcom Corporation Limited has been infringed on :D
    Roll +Weird
    OOC: 14

• Interfere with what a monster, minion, or bystander is trying to do.
    • Inflict 1-harm on the target due to an accident.

Interfere with it trying to pursue me and have it get a really annoying splinter lodged in its tongue.

OOC: Banjo has rolled his special ability, Banjo choose what is going on with your car and I'll combine with Evade's results:
    (a) 1-2 monsters/cultists are at the car
    (b) Car is damaged
    (c) An NPC related to mystery is in the car with minor Keeper decided consequences.

A) let's beat some answers out of em.

The group (OOC: Including Cron) see Darren's car parked at the edge of mining town, a bit wet but okay. However two cultists exit the car with a shotgun and sniper rifle, the sniper aiming at the group.

At that point they hear a tremendous sound as the mill collapses, the beast wrenching itself free and tearing after the group on all fours.

The sniper aims at Darren, but misses, hitting the beast instead which stumbles and howls with the pain.

The cultists look terrified.

"It'll fuking kill us for that you idiot..." they begin to rave and cry in panic, allowing the group to get to within about 10' of them before they turn to react. The beast is still licking its wounds.

OOC: Ye go first, declare what you're doing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cron unslings his spear and throws it at the snipers head.

OOC: Necro roll +Tough, there is a special >12 outcome possible due to the spear

Darren screams "tall dwarves!" and charges, axe ready to swing at whichever is closest.

• Advertisement

Nathaniel draws his Kerr revolver and aims at the cultists, switching between them, "Rapscallions! Surrender lest we leave you to yonder beast"

OOC: Nathaniel and Darren, +Tough

Cron's spear impales the head of one of the cultist, using the spiritual energy of a successful hunt to teleport back into Cron's hands.

Nathaniel fires at the remaining cultist, missing slightly.

The cultist then turns to fire on Nathaniel, but before the trigger is pulled Darren's is buried in his chest. Blood gushing from the wound, he dies almost immediately.

Darren checks the tall dwarf for elevator heels, car keys and a clean spit to clean his axe

Nathaniel check himself for extra holes and then looks back to where the beast was.

Banjo wrote: »
    Darren checks the tall dwarf for elevator heels, car keys and a clean spit to clean his axe
    He has the car keys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cron runs for the car, yelling:

Evade wrote: »
    Nathaniel check himself for extra holes and then looks back to where the beast was.
    The beast seems to be quite hurt from the shot, it is trudging into the mountains away from the group with a trail of blood in its wake.

Darren hops in the driver's seat.
    "I came here to burn rubber, murder human beings and chew bubblegum."
    He checks the dash for some Hubba bubba.
    "2 out of three ain't bad though?".

all aboard....

• Advertisement

Nathaniel ducks nervously and frantically looks around for another gun wielding cultist then on seeing Cron running for the car follows hoping to avoid this unseen attacker.

Advertisement