Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotW - Old Hungers

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    "I don't care if Shagal's hand is so far up my arse his wristwatch is chipping my teeth."
    He raises the shotgun.
    "Now, I asked nice once...."
    "To be free. To rip and tear. I let you get away once and with those cultists dead the binds weaken"

He begins to strain on the cage bars...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

Necro wrote: »
    'No... no you are not.. errr... this isn't where I parked my car.'

He turns quickly.

'I'd best be going now, was nice to meet you.'

Cron makes for the exit, gesturing to Nathaniel to follow.
    Nathaniel looks to the god and shrugs "The master beckons. Wait no. Why did I say that?" and he runs after Cron.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    "To be free. To rip and tear. I let you get away once and with those cultists dead the binds weaken"

He begins to strain on the cage bars...

"You think those bars are keeping you in?
    Son, they're for keeping me out!"
    Axe off a horn, and if successful id like to stab him with it

"You think those bars are keeping you in?
    Son, they're for keeping me out!"
    Axe off a horn, and if successful id like to stab him with it
    OOC: +Tough, with additional +1 from "I know my prey"

Darren slices off a horn as the beast bursts from the cage. As he does, Darren drives the horn into its stomach.

The beast wallops him into the wall and stumbles around, he falls to his knees and looks up at Bubby.

"He sent you didn't he? He likes you humans too much. What's the deal, only he can kill me?" he says looking at Darren.

Darren recovers from the impact and stands back up.

• Advertisement

OOC: Still here for ye Nebel and Banjo, that's how devoted I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Bubby shows his support for Darren by slapping his big knife on the rails.

"Who is this then, that seems to have such a vested interest in you Darren?".

"Seems we should get rid of this... mess".

OOC: Ignore last post

Bubby jumps to Darren's aid and slashes at the best with his knife and follows up with his shotgun.

Bubby jumps to Darren's aid and slashes at the best with his knife and follows up with his shotgun.
    OOC: +Tough

• Advertisement

"kill you? Just give me the ****ing key. Hand it over or I'll mince you, sautee you with some onion and garlic and pick it out of my **** in the morning."

"kill you? Just give me the ****ing key. Hand it over or I'll mince you, sautee you with some onion and garlic and pick it out of my **** in the morning."
    The creature sees Bubby coming and shouts.

"WAIT!!! The key, yes of course. All I have eaten resides in spiritual form. I need bu manifest it"

He vomits a black bile, but sure enough the USB flows out, its Cold Play logo in perfect condition.

Also a small book with legs and arms pops out. His memoirs stirred the emotional energies of the spirit plane and created a small spirit of themselves.

"Yo dickface you gonna blow me or we gettin' out of here" the cheeky little book replies.

"Is that enough?" the demon asks.

Bubby hits the demon flat on its back. It is now weak enough for Darren to kill.

Bubby looks at Darren, not entirely sure what he just witnessed and shrugs in confusion.

"Uh... I uh... I dont... I dont know...".

He looks at Darren again.

"Is it?".

Bubby pushes Darren forward, nodding in approval.

"You can do it buddy!"

Bubby signs at the cheecky book in the hope to lure it into his possession.

"C'mhere ya little ****.... Comon then...".

The book pops up on Bubby's shoulder.

"Hoping for a new tome huh? I'm brimming with magic bro!"

"Bruuuuuuuh... So am I!!!!"

"Like, we should totally hang out!" he says will he holds his fist next to his shoulder.

"Bring it in!".

NzUWpeu.png

Darren looks at the book. He looks at the key. He looks at Bubbs.

It's in his hands. His life's work. No.... More than that... It is life itself. But the book itself.... It's very loud ... Very chatty. It's Napster all over again, but for books and with arms and legs. And who's to say this fool won't try to read his mind and steal more chapters, then send them to Emu Books - and those bastards wouldn't give him the million dollar advance before, if that happens he'll get nothing....

He swings the axe at Bubby's head.

He swings the axe at Bubby's head.
    OOC: +Tough

As the axe reaches Bubby's head he tosses his knife in fear, it flies toward the axe embedding itself in the axe handle moments before impact, causing it to fly out of Darren's hand and pinning it to the cave wall.

Sha'gal speaks to Bubby telepathically.

"To a safe place with you my servant"

Bubby vanishes.

Darren is left with the demon which stumbles around in pain, incapable of standing fully.

• Advertisement

"well well well. Hell grown Jesus hater, see you later - I've gotta hit the road. Gotta hit the road. .."

He lowers his shotgun.

(Assuming I don't need to roll to hit a defenseless target point blank)
    Kablammo!
    As the thick black gore that used to be a demons skull splatters his face, Darren licks his lips.
    "I could get *used* to this."

The demon's corpse collapses. In its wake from the goo rises a few items of its victims, including a good amount of cash and jewelry.

Darren sits covered in goo after licking his lips as the Sun rises into the cave mouth. One who kills a demon takes its power. Darren can feel the strength as his sinews enhance beyond human limits.

He knows he has to leave the cave, Sha'gal will want to kill him next to close off all loose ends, but Sha'gal is confined to manifest in this cave.

The demonic energies teleport him to the safest place they know, his car.

It's a sunny morning here on the Pacific Coast. The car starts up all by itself.

OOC: Epilogue to follow tomorrow

As Darren's car prepares itself to take off onto the open road, Cron runs panting out of the cave and into the morning sunlight. The footsteps of Nathaniel that had trailed his own vanishing at some point. They were bonded together now Cron knew, whatever force had held them together would bring him back when Cron needed him.

Cron knew his destiny now, with this spear in hand there were plenty more cults to destroy and gods to banish. He heads out into the forest. His gut tells him to head South to California.

kjc8FJ.jpg

Bubby wakes in a pool of blood, the only light coming from some unknown source of above, forming a sort of spotlight with him in middle.

From the shadows Sha'gal emerges to stand over him.

"Well done mortal, you have restored me and prevented the release of one who does not...appreciate...your species beauty as I do. Remain here with me to grow in strength and power. Then I will turn you on others like Ghutuk. Now rise and behold your new self. You will need it..."

The pool of blood lights up and Bubby sees a large stone cavern with heads of several gods adorning its upper walls. Each head streams a thick stream of blood into the pool, though never increasing its level. He sees his own hands, clawed, muscular and covered in fur.

"...for the true hunt begins!"

The End

Advertisement