Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MotW - Old Hungers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC:
    Choice:
    (a) Stopped by cultist who noticed you leaving power box room
    (b) Stopped by nobody, but lad in van is found
    (c) Stopped by nobody, but a horrible beastly scream is heard in the direction of the van

Let's go C for giggles, and hustle for his own car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necro wrote: »
    Keys and consequences :D
    Cron starts the car with the keys in the glove box and pulls out onto the road.

He drives toward the museum, on his way he notices that a town clock shows that only a few minutes have passed since the museum, though it felt like a few hours.

OOC: I assume he parks a bit of a distance from the museum and is careful with the headlights so as not to be seen approaching, let me know if otherwise

Dimming the headlights on his approach, before finally turning them off near the museum, he parks near a van. Up ahead the museum seems to be on fire, with cultists outside weeping and wailing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Dimming the headlights on his approach, before finally turning them off near the museum, he parks near a van. Up ahead the museum seems to be on fire, with cultists outside weeping and wailing.

OOC: All good!

Cron pushes back the passenger seat and retrieves his chainsaw. He hops out and makes his way towards them, keeping to the shadows as he does.

Bubby listens intently, being all too familiar with the concept laid out.

"I also owe a debt, which is yet to be collected...".

Bubby shakes his head.

"I have vacancy and am in need of a powerful ally, and I would much prefer an amicable outcome here...". He says as he taps on the book.

"I can free you, once we have broken this master... Though I must ask, what is your issue NOW with this master...? Have you accepted fate, or biding time, waiting for opportunity...?".
    "Our realms of influence do not conflict and so I am rather neutral toward him. I am a spirit of the hunt, the feast and slaughter. He is a spirit of life and death. My sphere requires his and so we have always gotten along. His cultists have been performing my rites in their most extreme form so as strengthen me. I am about a week off being able to aide them in a spell to find the master's prison"

Bubby feels the spirits attention move to the book, the red light from the gate focusing on it.

"This book holds the power to return me to my former glory?"

Banjo wrote: »
    Let's go C for giggles, and hustle for his own car
    OOC: All good!

Cron pushes back the passenger seat and retrieves his chainsaw. He hops out and makes his way towards them, keeping to the shadows as he does.
    Darren makes his way to his car as Cron makes his way to the museum.

Cron manages to see a cultist in robes start Darren's car and then they both hear a roar.

Out from the wood the van is kicked forward and smashes into the museum exterior, the lad within will be lucky to live. A hulking monstrosity emerges from the woods behind Cron. It is five times his height and upon seeing him lets out a blood curdling roar.

N4NKaF.jpg

Cron waves the chainsaw at the beast and points to the museum.

'We hunt - find the bastard that has you chained in this form? Easy peasy - you go back to where you came from, I have some fun!'

Cron warily backs off from the monster.

Cron waves the chainsaw at the beast and points to the museum.

'We hunt - find the bastard that has you chained in this form? Easy peasy - you go back to where you came from, I have some fun!'

Cron warily backs off from the monster.
    The beast walks toward Cron and stands over him.

OOC: +Charm

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

"Our realms of influence do not conflict and so I am rather neutral toward him. I am a spirit of the hunt, the feast and slaughter. He is a spirit of life and death. My sphere requires his and so we have always gotten along. His cultists have been performing my rites in their most extreme form so as strengthen me. I am about a week off being able to aide them in a spell to find the master's prison"

Bubby feels the spirits attention move to the book, the red light from the gate focusing on it.

"This book holds the power to return me to my former glory?"

"This book will provide you with a safe haven, so we may restore the balance between you and him."

He takes a step back from the portal.

"The power, however, this is mine...".

"I am the broker, but the reward shall be yours..."

"This book will provide you with a safe haven, so we may restore the balance between you and him."

He takes a step back from the portal.

"The power, however, this is mine...".

"I am the broker, but the reward shall be yours..."
    OOC: He'll accept, but choose:

(a) He'll remain in the spirit world as a guide and psychic assistance.
    (b) He'll enter the material realm as a human. Less powerful, but less noticeable
    (c) He'll enter in his true form. Vice versa to (b) regarding pro/cons

• Advertisement

The beast walks toward Cron and stands over him.

OOC: +Charm
    The being points to Cron's right hand.

He understands. He must severe it to prove his intent.

The being points to Cron's right hand.

He understands. He must severe it to prove his intent.

Cron nods. He starts up the chainsaw with a roar. Bringing it down on his right arm he looks at the beast....

'Easy... PEASARAHAHAGAHAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHH'

Cron nods. He starts up the chainsaw with a roar. Bringing it down on his right arm he looks at the beast....

'Easy... PEASARAHAHAGAHAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHH'
    It nods with approval and magically weaves the chainsaw and the remaining stump together. It gestures forward and charges toward the museum.

Darren makes his way to his car as Cron makes his way to the museum.

Cron manages to see a cultist in robes start Darren's car and then they both hear a roar.

Seeing the van go flying past, Darren is consumed by guilt, fear, rage. "The Aries!" He chokes, breaking into a run.

(Ooc : if it's already gone, he falls to his knees and bellows

Except with an r not an n on the end)

It nods with approval and magically weaves the chainsaw and the remaining stump together. It gestures forward and charges toward the museum.

Cron looks down at his new chainsaw-arm and smiles.

'Me likey!'

He follows the beast wielding his new appendage back and forth.

Seeing the van go flying past, Darren is consumed by guilt, fear, rage. "The Aries!" He chokes, breaking into a run.
    Darren reaches the car door, just as the cultist begins to start it. He is clearly panicking, the massive beast making him uncoordinated.

He flings open the door.

"Quick man, I'm getting the fuk out of here now!"

• Advertisement

Darren reaches the car door, just as the cultist begins to start it. He is clearly panicking, the massive beast making him uncoordinated.

He flings open the door.

"Quick man, I'm getting the fuk out of here now!"

"Be careful not to flood it..."
    Darren jumps in beside the cultist and then begins to pound him in the face with his knuckleduster.
    "...with your face-blood!"

Cron looks down at his new chainsaw-arm and smiles.

'Me likey!'

He follows the beast wielding his new appendage back and forth.
    The beast starts smashing those within the museum into the walls and floors.

The cultists seem to recognise the beast and run from it. As Cron himself runs toward the museum, a cultist manages to shoot him in the arm. However a slight gesture from the creature and it heals. A life spirit then Cron realises.

Just at the door, the cult member in the ornate mask he met previously confronts him with a scythe as the flames rage behind them.

"Shall we dance?"

"Be careful not to flood it..."
    Darren jumps in beside the cultist and then begins to pound him in the face with his knuckleduster.
    "...with your face-blood!"
    The cultist, not expecting this at all, is easily concussed.

The beast starts smashing those within the museum into the walls and floors.

The cultists seem to recognise the beast and run from it. As Cron himself runs toward the museum, a cultist manages to shoot him in the arm. However a slight gesture from the creature and it heals. A life spirit then Cron realises.

Just at the door, the cult member in the ornate mask he met previously confronts him with a scythe as the flames rage behind them.

"Shall we dance?"

Cron revs his chainsaw arm.

'I hope you can jive buddy... because I have a mean Cha-Cha-Chainsaw I've been meaning to test out.'

OOC: OOOOOOOOOOOoooooohhhhhh.... :D I'll go with A :)

• Advertisement

The cultist, not expecting this at all, is easily concussed.

Darren keeps punching for a while, a therapeutic punctuation. "You.. can't... Touch... Her... You.... Won't.... Touch .. her.... It's not .... A...threesome....if...I'm only....allowed...to....watch....!"
    As he regains his senses, he rummages in the spacious boot for some rope, binds the cultist, searches him for any weapons or occult paraphernalia, then locks him in the boot.

OOC: OOOOOOOOOOOoooooohhhhhh.... :D I'll go with A :)
    The portal collapses, the rib bones imploding into the gateway and the portal siphoning the animal bones and remains before it itself closes with a flash.

"Well then, I will aide you. A friend of yours is battling the one who brokered my deal with the cult. Should he fall I will be fully free of their contract and far more able to assist you.

For now, I suggest you get upstairs and steal the obsidian dagger in the dinosaur room"

Darren keeps punching for a while, a therapeutic punctuation. "You.. can't... Touch... Her... You.... Won't.... Touch .. her.... It's not .... A...threesome....if...I'm only....allowed...to....watch....!"
    As he regains his senses, he rummages in the spacious boot for some rope, binds the cultist, searches him for any weapons or occult paraphernalia, then locks him in the boot.
    He finds a wooden idol of a worm on the cultist, a dim blue light running across the swirling carvings on its surface.

'I hope you can jive buddy... because I have a mean Cha-Cha-Chainsaw I've been meaning to test out.'
    OOC: +Tough

The portal collapses, the rib bones imploding into the gateway and the portal siphoning the animal bones and remains before it itself closes with a flash.

"Well then, I will aide you. A friend of yours is battling the one who brokered my deal with the cult. Should he fall I will be fully free of their contract and far more able to assist you.

For now, I suggest you get upstairs and steal the obsidian dagger in the dinosaur room"

Bubby has a grin from ear to ear, pleased... with his latest acquisition, not to mention still curious on the origins of this story.

"Action..." He thinks to himself, as he snaps back into focus.

"Dagger... First..." he exclaims as he taps the book.

"Glad to have you" he says before he takes off upstairs.

He finds a wooden idol of a worm on the cultist, a dim blue light running across the swirling carvings on its surface.

Disgusted, Darren throws the idol on the ground and attempts to crush it underfoot.

Then he heads back inside at a slow stalk, dragging the head of his axe along the ground behind him.

Bubby has a grin from ear to ear, pleased... with his latest acquisition, not to mention still curious on the origins of this story.

"Action..." He thinks to himself, as he snaps back into focus.

"Dagger... First..." he exclaims as he taps the book.

"Glad to have you" he says before he takes off upstairs.
    Bubby passes a bunch of cultists running in terror on his way up. One is flung across the main display room and impaled on a mammoth tusk.

A huge beast enters the room, like a giant man made of bark with a deer skull for a head.

It looks at Bubby and begins to move toward him.

Bubby's mouth moves of its own accord, speaking words in a language he doesn't understand. The beast nods and lets him aside.

"That is a lower life spirit. Once a member of the Master's court. With the master bond, he is free, probably the most powerful life spirit now, so he has no desire to see the cult succeed. I explained you have similar goals"

Bubby runs past the main hall to see Cron outside, swinging his chainsaw. He doesn't have time to stop, he runs up the stairs to the first floor and into the dinosaur display. Unfortunately two strong looking cultists are protecting the dagger. Obviously fearing the beasts approach, but duty bound to remain.

"Who are you?" one asks of Bubby.

The cultist swings his scythe and Cron bends back in a limbo as it swings over him just shy of his nose.

He starts the chainsaw with a though, it's part of him now, and flips forward bringing it up through the cultists groin and moving up through the abdomen, spilling his guts, before swinging free.

The cultist dies in agony screaming "My Master, why? Why do you not help me?"

Cron turns hearing a sound...
    Banjo wrote:
    Disgusted, Darren throws the idol on the ground and attempts to crush it underfoot.

Then he heads back inside at a slow stalk, dragging the head of his axe along the ground behind him.

...it is Darren, dressed in cult robes and armed with an axe.

Darren has a bit of blue goo on his shoe from the crushed idol.

"Who are you?" one asks of Bubby.

OOC: Could I use 'Well if it isn't...' on the guard who did not ask the question?

OOC: Could I use 'Well if it isn't...' on the guard who did not ask the question?
    OOC: Definitely, go ahead

• Advertisement

...it is Darren, dressed in cult robes and armed with an axe.

Darren has a bit of blue goo on his shoe from the crushed idol.

Cron turns and smiles at Darren.

'Hey chum, why so glum?'

He extends his chainsaw arm.

'Fist bump?'

Bubby storms into the room and is startled for a second as oddly enough he had not anticipated company in the room.

He looks at the man probing him, but then turns to the other.

He holds his arms out wide and approaches the man.

"FRANKIE!!!!" he shouts out as he moves closer.

"FRANKIE!!!!" he shouts out again. "You Motherf*er, GaaaawDAAAMMMMNNNnit.... Frankie....".

"Not this sh*t again...".

"You keep getting mixed up with these guys, and I'm telling you... They. Are. A. Bad. Influence. I AM TELLING YOU!" he says as he points his finger at Frank.

"You are too easily influenced my man, you get caught up in all the excitement and before long you are gorging on human meat again and praying to anything that can keep you fed".

"You, need to take a break... OK?"

"I didnt drag you away from those Trapezohedronons for nothing, FOR WHICH YOU STILL OWE ME BTW" He says this and with the last part of this sentence his eyes start to burn, with his full focus now on Frank.

He looks at Frank expectedly.

edit: changed unexpectedly to expectedly

Cron turns and smiles at Darren.

'Hey chum, why so glum?'

He extends his chainsaw arm.

'Fist bump?'

"I like your new look.

How do you wipe your arse?"

"I like your new look.

How do you wipe your arse?"

Cron waves with his left hand.

'Bit of adjustment, I was a righty. No harm, no foul. Watch the beast up there, he's a bit cranky about being ordered around by these loonies. Shall we?'

Cron searches the cultist he just killed, taking his mask.

He looks at Frank expectedly.
    Frank cannot deny the debt, the Trapezohedronons and their dread non-Euclidean realm were once his gaolers and prison respectively. They had sought to subsume his hometown into their realm with his aid, all the meat they promised...he could not resist...he ate the heroes who could have saved the whole valley. And then he and the town were 'lifted' and forever would those beings laugh at his folly. Beyond luck Bubby, on the trail of something else, had come across him and his town and released it and helped him with his cravings.

And here he was again, helping Frank out again. Another cult, more flesh, but there was always Bubby. There would always be Bubby.

He grabs the dagger and drives it into the cult member beside him.

"You're here for this..." he tosses the dagger to Bubby "...now escape quickly, they high priest will be told of all of this. I'll take what's coming. Thanks for saving me from myself once again"

The pounding feet of the beast make their way up the stairs. Frank stares at the beast and swallows hard. It waits for Bubby to leave before the violence begins.

Cron waves with his left hand.

'Bit of adjustment, I was a righty. No harm, no foul. Watch the beast up there, he's a bit cranky about being ordered around by these loonies. Shall we?'

Cron searches the cultist he just killed, taking his mask.
    Underneath the mask, the cultist is an elderly woman, the body now rapidly aging upon death. Cron senses power from the mask. Also on the cultist is some kind of wooden square with an image of the Sun.

Underneath the mask, the cultist is an elderly woman, the body now rapidly aging upon death. Cron senses power from the mask. Also on the cultist is some kind of wooden square with an image of the Sun.

Cron pockets the square and turns to Darren again.

'Hey, how do I look?'

He puts on the mask.

Bubby gives Frank the pistol guns as he reverses out of the room.

"You're a heck of a guy Frank! See you on the other side"

"PEW...PEW...".

As he leaves the room he looks at the book.

"Your old broker, still feel his presence?" he asks, as he makes his way back down.

'Hey, how do I look?'

He puts on the mask.

"Like some kind of cult.

Hey, I never knew my voice had an automatic swear filter. Must've had it fitted when we did the live episodes of 'Days of our Nights'

So, what now?"

He feels the floor to see if it's getting warm yet.

• Advertisement

Bubby gives Frank the pistol guns as he reverses out of the room.

"You're a heck of a guy Frank! See you on the other side"

"PEW...PEW...".

As he leaves the room he looks at the book.

"Your old broker, still feel his presence?" he asks, as he makes his way back down.
    Bubby hears gunfire and the walls shaking as he leaves.

"No in fact your friend has claimed his mask...my mask. The deal is off. I can get all of you out of here if you wish?

They will inform their high priest that the operation at the museum and the deal with me has not worked. I suspect they'll be a bit more careful about binding unwilling spirits for service like our friend upstairs in future."

He reaches the outside where Darren and Cron are, passing the crushed remains of cultists on the way.

'Hey, how do I look?'

He puts on the mask.
    A strange feeling washes over him, an urge to hunt and maim. It passes.

"Like some kind of cult.

Hey, I never knew my voice had an automatic swear filter. Must've had it fitted when we did the live episodes of 'Days of our Nights'

So, what now?"

He feels the floor to see if it's getting warm yet.
    The floor is somewhat warm. The fire is mostly raging in the cafeteria and hall at the moment, yet to spread upstairs.

Darren, Cron and Bubby see some cultists make it to the woods. The majority seem to have been killed.

Bubby hears gunfire and the walls shaking as he leaves.

"No in fact your friend has claimed his mask...my mask. The deal is off. I can get all of you out of here if you wish?

They will inform their high priest that the operation at the museum and the deal with me has not worked. I suspect they'll be a bit more careful about binding unwilling spirits for service like our friend upstairs in future."

He reaches the outside where Darren and Cron are, passing the crushed remains of cultists on the way.

"Claimed his mask? Explain..." he questions the response he was given.

"Claimed his mask? Explain..." he questions the response he was given.
    "The mask marks somebody as my champion..."

The being pauses.

"...and the worm fetish has been destroyed. Good"

A strange feeling washes over him, an urge to hunt and maim. It passes.

Cron tries to take the mask off and put it in his pocket.

'I dunno. Cultist group seems to be wiped out or fleeing in terror. Where's Bubby, maybe he knows more about our next move.'

Cron turns and looks around at the museum.

'Damn shame about this place. Did you know there's a fountain portal that goes into the woods? Explains the movements of the beast I guess. Poor bugger was under their control. Really it's a life spirit.'

• Advertisement

Cron tries to take the mask off and put it in his pocket.
    The mask resists being removed, but a hard tug pulls it free.
    'I dunno. Cultist group seems to be wiped out or fleeing in terror. Where's Bubby, maybe he knows more about our next move.'

Cron turns and looks around at the museum.
    He sees Bubby behind him.

"Can this be undone?" he asks,

OOC: Where would I be at in relation to the rest?

The mask resists being removed, but a hard tug pulls it free.

He sees Bubby behind him.

Cron looks at the mask oddly.

'I dunno about this thing... Not sure I like it.

Hey Bubster! Where you been?'

"Can this be undone?" he asks,

OOC: Where would I be at in relation to the rest?
    "Yes, once the mask is off he is no longer marked"

OOC: Just behind Cron

Bubby waves at Cron and shouts at him.

"You uh... Might want to leave that mask away from your face, or any other face for the moment".

Bubby pats the book, and quietly speaks to it.

"What are your plans, presumably without a 'marked' you have no physical binding keeping you in this realm... Though you are here, still... And presumably, so are the followers. What link remains, between you and them..."

Bubby's eyes fire up.

"The bargain struck was to establish balance... Between you and him... Has the deal been fulfilled?" he asks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement