Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotW - Old Hungers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necro wrote: »
    Cron shrugs and knocks off his chainsaw. He examines the yellow goop that came out of the beast.
    OOC: +Sharp

"For you, it seems, I hold time in my hands...".

Bubby shrugs as he slowly moves forward in the room and looks around.

"This..." He points around him. "It seems... Ineffective...". he says as he turns spins around (in an attempt to inspect the room for any further abnormalities).

"There are more effective ways, to gain power..." he says, now directly speaking onto the portal.

He looks at the portal to see if runes, magical symbols or other signs are present to indicate the type of ritual the group is dealing with.
    "LITTLE ELSE IS OPEN TO ME AS A SOURCE OF POWER LITTLE ONE"

As Bubby spins he quickly takes in details on the bones, obviously arranged in certain ways and the symbols of food and animal bones on the ribs forming the portal arc...

Cron shrugs and knocks off his chainsaw. He examines the yellow goop that came out of the beast.
    OOC:

Choose:
    (a) You identify the fluid
    (b) You learn the creature's weakness
    (c) You learn the exact details and nature of the creature

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC:

Choose:
    (a) You identify the fluid
    (b) You learn the creature's weakness
    (c) You learn the exact details and nature of the creature

Option c. I think he's my friend or at least a wary foe for now :)

"LITTLE ELSE IS OPEN TO ME AS A SOURCE OF POWER LITTLE ONE"

As Bubby spins he quickly takes in details on the bones, obviously arranged in certain ways and the symbols of food and animal bones on the ribs forming the portal arc...

He just can't quite figure out the symbology, he hasn't come across it before in his occult studies.

The voice however notices what he is doing.

"TRYING TO GET A READ ON THINGS? DO NOT WASTER MY TIME, GIVE ME THE BOOK AND I WILL GIVE YOU YOUR LIFE. FEW APPROACH THIS CLOSE WITHOUT BEING CONSUMED"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Darren pulls out the axe he found on the robes and hacks in the door lock when the corridor is empty for a bit.

He easily slips into the room and closes the door, the power box and some repair equipment is all that is inside.

Using his knowledge of domestic and industrial power systems - which is to say a near perfect ignorance - he looks for something in the repair equipment he can use to start a fire. Then he leaves and keeps going past the cafeteria and on towards the inevitable fire exit on the other side of the building.

Option c. I think he's my friend or at least a wary foe for now :)
    Cron has hunted for a while and the Saviours have taught him a thing or two.

The movements of the beast, the speed. The fact that he came out of nowhere. He is a denizen of the spirit realm Cron realizes, some Shaman or Animist has given him a material form to inhabit, fashioned from whatever this goop is. The goop could tell him what class of spirit this was, though he knows it is not a nature spirit, for there is no smell of earth or tree from the material.

Cron has hunted for a while and the Saviours have taught him a thing or two.

The movements of the beast, the speed. The fact that he came out of nowhere. He is a denizen of the spirit realm Cron realizes, some Shaman or Animist has given him a material form to inhabit, fashioned from whatever this goop is. The goop could tell him what class of spirit this was, though he knows it is not a nature spirit, for there is no smell of earth or tree from the material.

Cron shakes his head sadly.

'No easy peasy for that guy. Ok. Gotta check on the others.'

He heads out of the motel and looks to see if the motel owner's car is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Bubby grins upon hearing this.

"MY life is not yours to take... And while I have no doubt that you are LOOKING to gain in power... JUDGING by the sad state affairs, you are not QUITE there yet...".

He nods his head to the back "There is a reason why there is so much muscle still around for you, doing the heavy lifting...".

Bubby is unsure what exactly he is dealing with, but figures now is not the time to back down.

"Why here? Why now?" he asks.

Banjo wrote: »
    Using his knowledge of domestic and industrial power systems - which is to say a near perfect ignorance - he looks for something in the repair equipment he can use to start a fire. Then he leaves and keeps going past the cafeteria and on towards the inevitable fire exit on the other side of the building.
    After finding some gasoline in a small can and some lighters, it isn't long before Darren starts an fire that will soon spread to the wires.

He quickly heads out and aside from the odd nod from cult members, he makes it out through the fire door to the other side of the museum which faces the woods.

• Advertisement

Cron shakes his head sadly.

'No easy peasy for that guy. Ok. Gotta check on the others.'

He heads out of the motel and looks to see if the motel owner's car is still there.
    He finds the motel owner's car locked in the parking lot.

He finds the motel owner's car locked in the parking lot.

With a quick look around him to make sure the coast is clear, Cron tries to use his sword to pry open the door.

Bubby grins upon hearing this.

"MY life is not yours to take... And while I have no doubt that you are LOOKING to gain in power... JUDGING by the sad state affairs, you are not QUITE there yet...".

He nods his head to the back "There is a reason why there is so much muscle still around for you, doing the heavy lifting...".

Bubby is unsure what exactly he is dealing with, but figures now is not the time to back down.

"Why here? Why now?" he asks.
    There is a small chuckle from the gate.

"No, not quite there yet indeed.

I have been summoned and bound to this gate. In a sense I have nothing to do with the cult. They seek to free their master. A being to whom I hold no allegiance and no enmity. However this master and I were both once powerful denizens of this area, though I was never quite as strong as he. He has since been bound and I have..."

It pauses.

"...declined. So they had a powerful position from which to broker a spirit contract with me. I help them and in exchange I shall regain some of my former power when the master is released.

Do you have a superior offer? You oppose them and I am always open to new contracts"

With a quick look around him to make sure the coast is clear, Cron tries to use his sword to pry open the door.
    He does this easily, the door flings open.

After finding some gasoline in a small can and some lighters, it isn't long before Darren starts an fire that will soon spread to the wires.

He quickly heads out and aside from the odd nod from cult members, he makes it out through the fire door to the other side of the museum which faces the woods.
    He makes his way back to the front (and his car), making a show of looking for something if he sees another cultist

Another quick look around and Cron slides into the car, putting the chainsaw down in the passenger footwell and pushing the seat forward a little.

'Not happening again to ol' Cron. No sirree!'

He checks the car for the spare set of keys, flipping down the visors and checking the glove box.

Another quick look around and Cron slides into the car, putting the chainsaw down in the passenger footwell and pushing the seat forward a little.

'Not happening again to ol' Cron. No sirree!'

He checks the car for the spare set of keys, flipping down the visors and checking the glove box.
    OOC: Choice:
    (a) No keys
    (b) Keys, but consequences later

He makes his way back to the front, making a show of looking for something if he sees another cultist
    OOC:
    Choice:
    (a) Stopped by cultist who noticed you leaving power box room
    (b) Stopped by nobody, but lad in van is found
    (c) Stopped by nobody, but a horrible beastly scream is heard in the direction of the van

OOC: Choice:
    (a) No keys
    (b) Keys, but consequences later

Keys and consequences :D

There is a small chuckle from the gate.

"No, not quite there yet indeed.

I have been summoned and bound to this gate. In a sense I have nothing to do with the cult. They seek to free their master. A being to whom I hold no allegiance and no enmity. However this master and I were both once powerful denizens of this area, though I was never quite as strong as he. He has since been bound and I have..."

It pauses.

"...declined. So they had a powerful position from which to broker a spirit contract with me. I help them and in exchange I shall regain some of my former power when the master is released.

Do you have a superior offer? You oppose them and I am always open to new contracts"

Bubby listens intently, being all too familiar with the concept laid out.

"I also owe a debt, which is yet to be collected...".

Bubby shakes his head.

"I have vacancy and am in need of a powerful ally, and I would much prefer an amicable outcome here...". He says as he taps on the book.

"I can free you, once we have broken this master... Though I must ask, what is your issue NOW with this master...? Have you accepted fate, or biding time, waiting for opportunity...?".

• Advertisement

OOC:
    Choice:
    (a) Stopped by cultist who noticed you leaving power box room
    (b) Stopped by nobody, but lad in van is found
    (c) Stopped by nobody, but a horrible beastly scream is heard in the direction of the van

Let's go C for giggles, and hustle for his own car

Keys and consequences :D
    Cron starts the car with the keys in the glove box and pulls out onto the road.

He drives toward the museum, on his way he notices that a town clock shows that only a few minutes have passed since the museum, though it felt like a few hours.

OOC: I assume he parks a bit of a distance from the museum and is careful with the headlights so as not to be seen approaching, let me know if otherwise

Dimming the headlights on his approach, before finally turning them off near the museum, he parks near a van. Up ahead the museum seems to be on fire, with cultists outside weeping and wailing.

Dimming the headlights on his approach, before finally turning them off near the museum, he parks near a van. Up ahead the museum seems to be on fire, with cultists outside weeping and wailing.

OOC: All good!

Cron pushes back the passenger seat and retrieves his chainsaw. He hops out and makes his way towards them, keeping to the shadows as he does.

Bubby listens intently, being all too familiar with the concept laid out.

"I also owe a debt, which is yet to be collected...".

Bubby shakes his head.

"I have vacancy and am in need of a powerful ally, and I would much prefer an amicable outcome here...". He says as he taps on the book.

"I can free you, once we have broken this master... Though I must ask, what is your issue NOW with this master...? Have you accepted fate, or biding time, waiting for opportunity...?".
    "Our realms of influence do not conflict and so I am rather neutral toward him. I am a spirit of the hunt, the feast and slaughter. He is a spirit of life and death. My sphere requires his and so we have always gotten along. His cultists have been performing my rites in their most extreme form so as strengthen me. I am about a week off being able to aide them in a spell to find the master's prison"

Bubby feels the spirits attention move to the book, the red light from the gate focusing on it.

"This book holds the power to return me to my former glory?"

Let's go C for giggles, and hustle for his own car
    OOC: All good!

Cron pushes back the passenger seat and retrieves his chainsaw. He hops out and makes his way towards them, keeping to the shadows as he does.
    Darren makes his way to his car as Cron makes his way to the museum.

Cron manages to see a cultist in robes start Darren's car and then they both hear a roar.

Out from the wood the van is kicked forward and smashes into the museum exterior, the lad within will be lucky to live. A hulking monstrosity emerges from the woods behind Cron. It is five times his height and upon seeing him lets out a blood curdling roar.

N4NKaF.jpg

Cron waves the chainsaw at the beast and points to the museum.

'We hunt - find the bastard that has you chained in this form? Easy peasy - you go back to where you came from, I have some fun!'

Cron warily backs off from the monster.

Cron waves the chainsaw at the beast and points to the museum.

'We hunt - find the bastard that has you chained in this form? Easy peasy - you go back to where you came from, I have some fun!'

Cron warily backs off from the monster.
    The beast walks toward Cron and stands over him.

OOC: +Charm

"Our realms of influence do not conflict and so I am rather neutral toward him. I am a spirit of the hunt, the feast and slaughter. He is a spirit of life and death. My sphere requires his and so we have always gotten along. His cultists have been performing my rites in their most extreme form so as strengthen me. I am about a week off being able to aide them in a spell to find the master's prison"

Bubby feels the spirits attention move to the book, the red light from the gate focusing on it.

"This book holds the power to return me to my former glory?"

"This book will provide you with a safe haven, so we may restore the balance between you and him."

He takes a step back from the portal.

"The power, however, this is mine...".

"I am the broker, but the reward shall be yours..."

"This book will provide you with a safe haven, so we may restore the balance between you and him."

He takes a step back from the portal.

"The power, however, this is mine...".

"I am the broker, but the reward shall be yours..."
    OOC: He'll accept, but choose:

(a) He'll remain in the spirit world as a guide and psychic assistance.
    (b) He'll enter the material realm as a human. Less powerful, but less noticeable
    (c) He'll enter in his true form. Vice versa to (b) regarding pro/cons

• Advertisement

The beast walks toward Cron and stands over him.

OOC: +Charm
    The being points to Cron's right hand.

He understands. He must severe it to prove his intent.

Advertisement