If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Vinyl player & speakers

Options
  • 03-12-2018 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I've recently been given an old record collection, but i have nothing to play them on.

Can you please recommend a record player and speakers for them? Do i need to get an amp as well, or can the speakers connect straight into the player? My Budget is around €350.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Subotai wrote: »
    I've recently been given an old record collection, but i have nothing to play them on.

Can you please recommend a record player and speakers for them? Do i need to get an amp as well, or can the speakers connect straight into the player? My Budget is around €350.
    Hi Subotai,

For a turntable set up you would need an amplifier, speakers and a turntable.

At that budget I would recommend a good entry level set up comprised of the Cambridge Audio AM5 amp, the Marantz TT5005 tuentable and the Q Acoustics 2010i speakers. All in it comes a little bit above budget 388.98 euro but it'd give you a great sound.

There is also a cable bundle to get you started at 36.99 euro which includes 6m of speaker cable and 4 pairs of banana plugs.

Let me know if that's the sort of thing you're lookin for.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.