Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego from Aliexpress

Options
  • 03-12-2018 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone ever ordered lepin lego from Aliexpress? What form of postage did you use and was there any problems with customs?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Manutd623

Did anyone buy the hogwarts castle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

no knowledge of anyone buying Hogwarts - there's a previous thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057787355

In the case of my purchase, I used DHL (because it was included by the seller) and didn't get hit with customs. But I'd say it's a bit of a lottery.

Also anything with China post will take months to arrive....

Paddy

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    no knowledge of anyone buying Hogwarts - there's a previous thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057787355

In the case of my purchase, I used DHL (because it was included by the seller) and didn't get hit with customs. But I'd say it's a bit of a lottery.

Also anything with China post will take months to arrive....

Paddy

Thanks for the reply, ya most of the sellers I have seen use DHL which is included in the price. But it can be a lottery whether you get hit or not. Did you have to pay much for handling etc. to DHL?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Manutd623 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, ya most of the sellers I have seen use DHL which is included in the price. But it can be a lottery whether you get hit or not. Did you have to pay much for handling etc. to DHL?

Nothing! The seller included the shipping in the price (it was $99 for the model I bought) - DHL delivered, with no additional charges.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

You know it’s not Lego from Aliexpress, right.

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    You know it’s not Lego from Aliexpress, right.

Ya I know it's lepin.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If found by customs (anywhere in the EU) it will be destroyed as they are outright banned due to copyright fraud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

L1011 wrote: »
    If found by customs (anywhere in the EU) it will be destroyed as they are outright banned due to copyright fraud
    Not sure about this, unless it has changed in recent times. Lego bricks themselves are long out of patent, so if there is any issue, it would indeed need to be based on copyright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Anthracite wrote: »
    Not sure about this, unless it has changed in recent times. Lego bricks themselves are long out of patent, so if there is any issue, it would indeed need to be based on copyright.

If they did not copy exact sets and infringe on IP it would not be an issue. The problem is they are fake Lego sets, not just similar building brick sets.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Lego recently won their case against Lepin too: https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/news-room/2018/november/lepin-case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Anthracite wrote: »

Its the design copyright and franchise licences. Lepin do no design work at all nor do they pay Disney etc franchise fees

Lepin is banned from the EU entirely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Get it while you still can.
    Significant legal victory

In what has been a busy few days in China for Lego, the toy firm started the week with a significant legal victory against four companies who infringed multiple copyrights and conducted acts of unfair competition by producing and distributing LEPIN building sets.
    Related Articles

The decision came on November 5 from the Guangzhou Yuexiu District Court in south China and marks a milestone for Lego who have been battling against intellectual property (IP) infringement in China for the past two years.

According to Lego's press release, the court has ordered the four defendants to immediately cease producing, selling, exhibiting or in any way promoting the infringing products, and pay approximately US$650,000 in damages.

https://gbtimes.com/lego-unveils-chinese-new-year-sets-wins-china-ip-lawsuit-and-reveals-courses-for-chinese-students

Advertisement