Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

applied maths decision

Options
  • 03-12-2018 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

so i dont do irish which means i only do 6 subjects in school. i have be doing app.maths as a 7th subject but i was wondering if anyone has advice on weather i should drop it nd concentrate on the other six or not

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Sb567

I’ve been doing Applied maths since 5th now in 6th year but I’m going to drop it.
    It is really hard but I do really like it but I think it all depends on what results you’re looking for! Like if you’re capable of getting a H1/2/3 then why not stay at it. But for me I’d say I could get a H4/5 and I think I could get a lot better than that if I drop it!
    Hope this helps in some way !

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

You haven't given us much details here. It depends very much on how you're finding it. If you're finding it manageable and think you can get a decent grade in it then, no, don't drop it.

If you absolutely cannot do it and don't think you can even pass it then it might be better to focus on the other subjects. Only doing six is a risk though.

I was the same as you. I didn't do Irish so I did Applied Maths as my 7th subject. I didn't use it in the end but only by one grade. Haven't looked back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭smartboyz

Peregrine wrote: »
    You haven't given us much details here. It depends very much on how you're finding it. If you're finding it manageable and think you can get a decent grade in it then, no, don't drop it.

If you absolutely cannot do it and don't think you can even pass it then it might be better to focus on the other subjects. Only doing six is a risk though.

I was the same as you. I didn't do Irish so I did Applied Maths as my 7th subject. I didn't use it in the end but only by one grade. Haven't looked back since.

I got 40% in my Christmas exams and I'm thinking is there a point doing it if I can't get a h3. I find it in the middle but closer to hard than easy

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭smartboyz

Sb567 wrote: »
    I’ve been doing Applied maths since 5th now in 6th year but I’m going to drop it.
    It is really hard but I do really like it but I think it all depends on what results you’re looking for! Like if you’re capable of getting a H1/2/3 then why not stay at it. But for me I’d say I could get a H4/5 and I think I could get a lot better than that if I drop it!
    Hope this helps in some way !

What did u get your November exams

Advertisement