Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening bank account(basic, current, anything with SEPA facility and cheap Sterling c

Options
  • 04-12-2018 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hiya,

Does your bank opens account with UK driving license as proof of ID? (Basic account, current account, anything with SEPA facility and cheap Sterling(GBP)cash lodgement fee). This is my first account in Ireland and I wondering If I deposit 1000GBP, how much would be deposited into my new EUR account with you with todays trasfer rate and please tell me is there any other fees applys or not?
    1000GBP > ? EUR

Thnx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hiya,

Does your bank opens account with UK driving license as proof of ID? (Basic account, current account, anything with SEPA facility and cheap Sterling(GBP)cash lodgement fee). This is my first account in Ireland and I wondering If I deposit 1000GBP, how much would be deposited into my new EUR account with you with todays trasfer rate and please tell me is there any other fees applys or not?
    1000GBP > ? EUR

Thnx

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Yes we would accept a UK driving license as a proof of ID when opening an account with Bank of Ireland. For information on fees and charges applicable and to submit your application to open an account please see here. Rates can change from day to day and this would depend on the day the cash is lodged to the account and for that reason I would not be in a position to provide you with the rate of exchange.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BlondePeach

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Yes we would accept a UK driving license as a proof of ID when opening an account with Bank of Ireland. For information on fees and charges applicable and to submit your application to open an account please see personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/current-accounts/personal-current-account/features-and-benefits/ Rates can change from day to day and this would depend on the day the cash is lodged to the account and for that reason I would not be in a position to provide you with the rate of exchange.

Thanks Jen

Hiya Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply. What about this basic account, personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/current-accounts/basic-bank-account/features-benefits/
    does it has same cash lodgement and conversion fee like a current account? Can I go paperless eStatement on this? Does it has SEPA transfer to EEA countries?
    Is trasfer rate that I see here is include all the cash lodgement fees or if another feees applys,how much it costs?
    personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/international-payments/foreign-exchange-currency-converter/
    1,000.00 GBP = 1,097.33 EUR
    At an exchange rate of 0.9113

My friend in lives in a EEA country want to apply fo this account too, can she apply with her UK driving license as proof of ID, and you need two proof of address for her, because she is outside of Ireland or one proof of address is enough? If proof of address is non English, still name and address of person in proof of address is written in English, would that enough or she need to translate the bill? Does she need certified translate or certified copy of bills or appostile? Or just bringing original untranslated to any branch would be enough as proof of address?

How much shall deposited to account and always remained in account to waive the cost of account, if there is any fees?

Could you please reply/comment on my questions above?

Thnx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hiya Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply. What about this basic account, personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/current-accounts/basic-bank-account/features-benefits/
    does it has same cash lodgement and conversion fee like a current account? Can I go paperless eStatement on this? Does it has SEPA transfer to EEA countries?
    Is trasfer rate that I see here is include all the cash lodgement fees or if another feees applys,how much it costs?
    personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/international-payments/foreign-exchange-currency-converter/
    1,000.00 GBP = 1,097.33 EUR
    At an exchange rate of 0.9113

My friend in lives in a EEA country want to apply fo this account too, can she apply with her UK driving license as proof of ID, and you need two proof of address for her, because she is outside of Ireland or one proof of address is enough? If proof of address is non English, still name and address of person in proof of address is written in English, would that enough or she need to translate the bill? Does she need certified translate or certified copy of bills or appostile? Or just bringing original untranslated to any branch would be enough as proof of address?

How much shall deposited to account and always remained in account to waive the cost of account, if there is any fees?

Could you please reply/comment on my questions above?

Thnx

Hi There,

Thanks for coming back to us.

To apply for the Basic current account you refer to you must be resident in the EU, you must not hold any other personal payment or current account with another Bank within the Republic of Ireland. With this type of account there is no facility to have a chequebook on the account, no overdraft facility and only one account can be held per customer.

The Basic current account can be registered for 365online so you can make transfers from the account online and opt to receive e-statements for the account.

When opening an account online you will be asked to provide 2 proofs of address and proof of ID this can either be a Passport or Driving licence.

For frees and charges related to the Basic current account please see here.

Please feel free to reach out if we can help with anything else.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

You might want to investigate setting up a Revolut account for transferring sterling to an Irish Euro account. Much better exchange rate.

Advertisement