Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Car Draw

• 04-12-2018 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place for this - can't really see anywhere better suited.

I'm interested in people's views on the car draw that seems to be standard in any credit union.

Do you think it's worthwhile entering?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

We enter in my local credit union. Its €40 for the year to enter. That's only €3.33 per month. So why not. There's worse things I could waste €40 on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

It's 64c a week in mine. Car draw every month. I won it before so I think it's worth while :-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's great value if you win, and not too painful if you don't (chances are you won't).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If the subscriptions pay for the car (i.e. it's a self-funding exercise) then mathematically it's a neutral transaction but if it's subsidised by the CU then you should enter as the people who don't participate are the losers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I wouldn’t do it again, but then I was a member of Rush Credit Union and when the scams there were uncovered, it looked like problems with these draws were widespread enough...
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/directors-and-staff-won-in-30-of-credit-union-draws-1.3419808%3fmode=amp

• Advertisement
Advertisement