Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Early cancellation fee?

• 04-12-2018 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

I started my 18 month contract with Eir on May 26th 2017. 
    As I couldn't get through to Eir last month to negotiate a new contract, I decided to leave and switch to Digiweb. A few days later I get a text message saying I now owe for an early cancellation fee. When I query this on Eir Twitter I'm told my contract is up on January 2019???  Now, maths was never my strongest subject, but I do know that from May 2017 to January 2019, it's 20 months, not 18!  

Thanks for the details. I've checked your account & you have signed up for 18 months contract on 26/05/2017 which expires on 26/01/2019. But you had cancelled the account before the contract end date.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

chewed wrote: »
    I started my 18 month contract with Eir on May 26th 2017. 
    As I couldn't get through to Eir last month to negotiate a new contract, I decided to leave and switch to Digiweb. A few days later I get a text message saying I now owe for an early cancellation fee. When I query this on Eir Twitter I'm told my contract is up on January 2019???  Now, maths was never my strongest subject, but I do know that from May 2017 to January 2019, it's 20 months, not 18!  

Thanks for the details. I've checked your account & you have signed up for 18 months contract on 26/05/2017 which expires on 26/01/2019. But you had cancelled the account before the contract end date.
    Hi chewed, 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey  

Advertisement