Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelled account but still getting bills and "signed up to a new contract"?

• 04-12-2018 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I cancelled my Eir account on the 31st October after a long and tortuous process of trying to get through to your company on the phone/web chat.  I returned the router to your centre in Limerick by registered post and have a signed receipt that it was received there.  So I'm all done and dusted with Eir?  Apparently not as I'm still getting bills and now an email stating that I've "signed up to a new 12 month contract".  What is going on with your company?  I was out of contract, paid my last bill in full and returned your equipment but I'm still getting bills and Eir has unilaterally signed me up to a new 12 month contract?  Can you look into this please as I don't have the will power to try get through on the phone and endure another 30-40 minute waiting period.  Your webchat puts me through to what I can only guess is a call centre in India based on the names that pop up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

I also cancelled them after no visible means of support or communication and am STILL getting charged for the last three months despite the sim card having been put out of service , as in disconnected BY YOU lot Eir.
    I was on a sim only 30 day rolling contract so am absolutely livid as it was the extra cost that decided me to cancel , as well as my previous experiences of getting bills that bore no resemblance to reality as in i was being grossly overcharged. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

D13exile wrote: »
    I cancelled my Eir account on the 31st October after a long and tortuous process of trying to get through to your company on the phone/web chat.  I returned the router to your centre in Limerick by registered post and have a signed receipt that it was received there.  So I'm all done and dusted with Eir?  Apparently not as I'm still getting bills and now an email stating that I've "signed up to a new 12 month contract".  What is going on with your company?  I was out of contract, paid my last bill in full and returned your equipment but I'm still getting bills and Eir has unilaterally signed me up to a new 12 month contract?  Can you look into this please as I don't have the will power to try get through on the phone and endure another 30-40 minute waiting period.  Your webchat puts me through to what I can only guess is a call centre in India based on the names that pop up.

Hi there, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are both still receiving documentation from us. 

If you PM me your account numbers, full names, email address and date of births I'll look into this for you and clarify it. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Hi there,

If you PM me your account numbers, full names, email address and date of births I'll look into this for you and clarify it.

Thanks

Tracey

Tracey

I've sent you a pm.

I've gotten three emails from Eir in the past few days, one signing me up to a new 12 month contract (which I have not asked for as I am now with Vodafone), one informing me that my direct debit has been returned unpaid (I paid my last bill in full and cancelled the direct debit thereafter) and now another informing me that my new broadband is now active (I have not asked for a new broadband service with Eir as I have SIRO with Vodafone). As I've stated, I was out of contract since August, I cancelled my account at end October and I returned the Eir router by registered post and I have a receipt stating that it was received by Eir. I have tried on three occasions to get through on 1901 to clear this up but I keep getting cut off. What is going on please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

D13exile wrote: »

Hi there,

Thanks

Tracey

Tracey

I've sent you a pm.

I've gotten three emails from Eir in the past few days, one signing me up to a new 12 month contract (which I have not asked for as I am now with Vodafone), one informing me that my direct debit has been returned unpaid (I paid my last bill in full and cancelled the direct debit thereafter) and now another informing me that my new broadband is now active (I have not asked for a new broadband service with Eir as I have SIRO with Vodafone).  As I've stated, I was out of contract since August, I cancelled my account at end October and I returned the Eir router by registered post and I have a receipt stating that it was received by Eir.  I have tried on three occasions to get through on 1901 to clear this up but I keep getting cut off.  What is going on please?
    Thanks. I understand your frustrations. 

I've responded to your PM there. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement