Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number port fiasco

• 04-12-2018 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Eir,

This is now beyond a joke.  We ported to you from Imagine, which was a nightmare, about a year ago.  I wont go into the history, but now we find that our number of 10 years, was never ported, and we've been given a different number.
    Ive opened a case online to get our old number back, but the team online are next to useless.  Ive been told that its cancelled, that its going to take 40 working days, that its cancelled again.  And finally that it now cannot be done.

Can someone please tell me why my old number, which was an Eircom landline that was ported to Imagine, and back to Eir, cannot be given back to us?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Garrett68

My sympathies, similar experience with mobile. It's hard to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Get on to comreg straight away, I've had neighbors with similar issues and comreg seemed to be what sorted it in the end. 

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Garrett68

my3cents wrote: »
    Get on to comreg straight away, I've had neighbors with similar issues and comreg seemed to be what sorted it in the end. 
    They will tell you to log a complaint and then wait 10 days, it's not quick:
    E-mail ccm@eir.ie with your complaint and your account details and the problem clearly spelled out.

You'll most likely get no response - but then you can refer to Comreg
    hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Eir,

This is now beyond a joke.  We ported to you from Imagine, which was a nightmare, about a year ago.  I wont go into the history, but now we find that our number of 10 years, was never ported, and we've been given a different number.
    Ive opened a case online to get our old number back, but the team online are next to useless.  Ive been told that its cancelled, that its going to take 40 working days, that its cancelled again.  And finally that it now cannot be done.

Can someone please tell me why my old number, which was an Eircom landline that was ported to Imagine, and back to Eir, cannot be given back to us?????
    Hi whitelightrider, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Eir,

Has you number been ceased with Imagine or is it still active?

This will determine how hard it will be to recover your number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Eir,

Hi whitelightrider, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Sent IM through yesterday.  Just want to make sure you got it.

Tracey,

Any update on this??

Tracey,

Any update on this??
    Hi there, 

I'm afraid I have not received any PM from yourself. If you send it on again I'll get back to you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracey,

It was sent to yourself and the Eir Reps account.
    Ive resent it there now.

Hope you got one in to comreg, funny how they seem to get msgs when Eir don't.

• Advertisement

Hi Tracey,

It was sent to yourself and the Eir Reps account.
    Ive resent it there now.
    Thanks. 

I've PM'd you back there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracey,

I responded to your PM yesterday.  Im not prepared to spend 20 mins on hold to 1901 in order to log this up again.
    Eir screwed up the porting of my account from Imagine over a year ago.  We've been assigned a completely different number.  
    We want our old number to be put back in place for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Hi Tracey,

I responded to your PM yesterday.  Im not prepared to spend 20 mins on hold to 1901 in order to log this up again.
    Eir screwed up the porting of my account from Imagine over a year ago.  We've been assigned a completely different number.  
    We want our old number to be put back in place for us.
    Is your old number still active or has it been reassgned to someone else?

davo2001 wrote: »

If you call the number you get a recorded message saying calls to this number are currently locked.

I have had no update from Tracey or the other reps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Cork981

Had similar issues a few years ago, it went on for about 4 months.

After countless hours on the phone and escalations we eventually left Eir and went to Vodafone who ported the number without a problem.

We then spent another few months explaining to Eir why we were ending the contract early as they couldn’t fulfill the agreement.

davo2001 wrote: »

If you call the number you get a recorded message saying calls to this number are currently locked.

I have had no update from Tracey or the other reps.
    Hi there, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracey,

I find myself having to breathe each time I type this message so that I dont completely lose it.
    So, just to let you know, I have opened a formal complaint with ComReg on this.  I tried to call Eir to log the complaint with you, but after 2 calls, each lasting over 40 mins on hold, and the team online not being able to do it, Ive given up trying to log the complaint with you.

To set the record straight - I logged 2 cases with you and your team to get my number ported back.  Only to find out, after I went looking, that the cases were both closed.  And that it was not possible to port the number back.  At no point in my signing with Eir was this ever told to us.  But then again, that was a fiasco in itself.

So, can you answer my question here?
    1. Is it possible to port a VOIP number back to a fixed line?  And if not, why arent you telling your customers that?
    2. Why are the teams online not competent enough to tell customers this?  Instead they waste our time logging pointless cases.
    3. What is going on with the Customer Care line?  Twice I had to hang up after being on hold for over 40 mins

I will PM this to you also, along with the 2 Eir case number I logged, and the ComReg complaint number.

If a number has been ported from Eir then obviously Eir can't be using that number so its free to be used if you stop using it with the provider that you ported it too. It can't be more difficult than that can it? I suspect that Eir even have to have the number on their system still so calls to it can be redirected making it even easier to port back.

Advertisement