Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Loan Application

Options
  • 04-12-2018 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I applied for a student loan, approximately one month ago via the online application.

I received the initial application received" text message and since that time i have not been contacted once by Bank Of Ireland.

In light of this, i proceeded to call the Bank myself as there was obviously some form of negligent customer service.

I have phoned at least 4 times in the past month. Each time the response has been" we will email the student lending team and have them phone you".

My phone number has been checked each time.

Still i have heard nothing.

My question is , is this simply a matter of extremely inefficient customer service and loan application processing or does an online student loan take months to assess?

I would suggest management reassess how each department communicates with one another, and perhaps an evaluation of customer service is also needed.

Some feedback would be greatly appreciated, as I am sure AIB would be happy to take my money, earned of interest and banking charges throughout the year.

Kind Regards,
    Dominic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Djames16 wrote: »
    Hi,

I applied for a student loan, approximately one month ago via the online application.

I received the initial application received" text message and since that time i have not been contacted once by Bank Of Ireland.

In light of this, i proceeded to call the Bank myself as there was obviously some form of negligent customer service.

I have phoned at least 4 times in the past month. Each time the response has been" we will email the student lending team and have them phone you".

My phone number has been checked each time.

Still i have heard nothing.

My question is , is this simply a matter of extremely inefficient customer service and loan application processing or does an online student loan take months to assess?

I would suggest management reassess how each department communicates with one another, and perhaps an evaluation of customer service is also needed.

Some feedback would be greatly appreciated, as I am sure AIB would be happy to take my money, earned of interest and banking charges throughout the year.

Kind Regards,
    Dominic

Hi Djames16,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Please be assured that all applications are assessed on a case by case basis and time frames can vary. However you absolutely should have been contacted by now. We are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience and we will certainly pass this on to the relevant department for feedback purposes.

If you would like to send us a Pm in relation to this with your full name as it would appear on your application and the branch your account was opened in we would be happy to escalate this for you.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Djames16

Hi Jennifer

Thanks very much for your prompt reply.

Who can I send the pm to ?

Kind regards
    Dominic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Djames16 wrote: »
    Hi Jennifer

Thanks very much for your prompt reply.

Who can I send the pm to ?

Kind regards
    Dominic

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for coming back to us. Happy to help. To send us a Private message please see here.

Thanks again
    Jen

Advertisement