Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommended stbemu device

• 04-12-2018 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Greetings. I'm signing up to an IPTV provider (perfectly legal - mostly getting some free to air channels for expats from Spain, Portugal and Italy).

It runs using stbemu and I've trialled it on my phone - the service is perfect but the player is a bit clunky on the phone. I'm now looking at installing it on the family TV. I've done some research and the options for dwvices seem to be:

1. Fire TV stick with sideloading
    2. Cheap android box
    3. Mag box (maybe 410?)
    4. Medium android box (Z7+?)
    5. Nvidia shield

I'm looking for as close an experience as possible to a sky or virgin stb with the ability to pause/rewind/record, an easy to use program guide, etc. Don't mind paying extra for the shield if it's a better match but won't be using the gaming aspect of it. Parental controls a plus. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Having an easy to use controller would also be a benefit.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 donalfm

donalfm wrote: »
    Greetings. I'm signing up to an IPTV provider (perfectly legal - mostly getting some free to air channels for expats from Spain, Portugal and Italy).

It runs using stbemu and I've trialled it on my phone - the service is perfect but the player is a bit clunky on the phone. I'm now looking at installing it on the family TV. I've done some research and the options for dwvices seem to be:

1. Fire TV stick with sideloading
    2. Cheap android box
    3. Mag box (maybe 410?)
    4. Medium android box (Z7+?)
    5. Nvidia shield

I'm looking for as close an experience as possible to a sky or virgin stb with the ability to pause/rewind/record, an easy to use program guide, etc. Don't mind paying extra for the shield if it's a better match but won't be using the gaming aspect of it. Parental controls a plus. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Having an easy to use controller would also be a benefit.

Thanks.

For clarity, having read the forum rules, my wife is Spanish and the kids are bilingual. The channels we are getting access to are available for free via satellite but our location prevents us from accessing these channels without me sticking a dish on top of a hill and finding a way to relay it to the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I would first try 2. ...... about €40 ........ which should have Kodi preinstalled, so with the IPTV plugin you should be able to receive the IPTV streams.
    The device would come with its own remote.
    You would need an external drive (USB or usb connected SSD) for recording etc.

Advertisement