Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrect billing for new fibre+phone install

Options
  • 04-12-2018 4:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭

I'm coming here because I cannot get through to 1901 (on hold for over an hour on FIVE occasions over the last week before I get cut off) and web chat is a frustrating mess (they are unable to answer the simplest queries, keep referring me back to 1901 and on occasion the reps are non-responsive for 25 minutes or more).  

I have two queries as follows:
    1.  I'm a new fibre+phone customer.  When I was talking to sales they promised me the 5 euro online discount.  This has not been applied to my bill.  I want this applied asap please.  I have called sales back. but they refer me to 1901.

2. My 88 year old Dad wants to change his eir package.  His usage pattern has changed and he is out of contract.  I pay his bill and am authorised to speak on his behalf.

I am unwilling to call 1901 to get this done as I have already wasted over 5 hours on calls and chats which have been a total waste of my time.  Please DO NOT give me this as an option ... I'm not calling 1901 or going back on chat.

I'm a new customer, but my experience of eir is already getting soured, and I really, really don't want to bring this to ComReg or be forced to cancel my Dad's contract and move elsewhere.

Can you help me please?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭QuadaLumpins

I've just pm'ed my account number and name to all the eir reps.

Eir reps ... any response please?

24 hours and still no reply ...

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

Hi Quada,

Unfortunately eir's support over phone is currently very hard to reach. I doubt this will change this year. I know it's unprofessional but your sales agent forgot to apply extra 5 euro discount. You will have much better luck going to eir branch directly, they will sort out your 5 euro discount. Or one of the reps will respond soon and check that for you. Note that due to system limitation they won't be able to add that discount until your account is fully activated. Both broadband and landline.

As for your dad. Your name needs to be on the bill to make changes to the account. If it is, then again easiest currently going to eir branch. If your name is not on the bill, best to take your dad with you.

Thanks PAX ...  but I would like to hear from an eir rep on this.

43 hours awaiting a response and counting ...

• Advertisement

3 days since I asked for help on this and still no response from the eir reps.

6 days and no reply from the eir reps.

This is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

I don't know why Eir reps are not responding to this thread. I can help you with the 5 euro discount being applied to your account. I have sent you PM.

-RobiePAX

Thanks Robbie ... I just replied to your pm there.

Not sure why the eir reps are ignoring me ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

I'm coming here because I cannot get through to 1901 (on hold for over an hour on FIVE occasions over the last week before I get cut off) and web chat is a frustrating mess (they are unable to answer the simplest queries, keep referring me back to 1901 and on occasion the reps are non-responsive for 25 minutes or more).  

1.  I'm a new fibre+phone customer.  When I was talking to sales they promised me the 5 euro online discount.  This has not been applied to my bill.  I want this applied asap please.  I have called sales back. but they refer me to 1901.

2. My 88 year old Dad wants to change his eir package.  His usage pattern has changed and he is out of contract.  I pay his bill and am authorised to speak on his behalf.

I am unwilling to call 1901 to get this done as I have already wasted over 5 hours on calls and chats which have been a total waste of my time.  Please DO NOT give me this as an option ... I'm not calling 1901 or going back on chat.

I'm a new customer, but my experience of eir is already getting soured, and I really, really don't want to bring this to ComReg or be forced to cancel my Dad's contract and move elsewhere.

Can you help me please?
    Hi QuadaLumpins,

I sincerely apologise about the delay in responding to you and I completely understand your frustration.

If you could PM me the following account details, I'd be happy to have a look into it for you.
    1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB

5) Your full postal address

However, for your Father's account, I would only be able to discuss the account with yourself. To make any changes to the account we would need to speak directly to your Father.

~Kellie

• Advertisement

Can you help me please?
    Hi QuadaLumpins,

I sincerely apologise about the delay in responding to you and I completely understand your frustration.

If you could PM me the following account details, I'd be happy to have a look into it for you.
    1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB

5) Your full postal address

However, for your Father's account, I would only be able to discuss the account with yourself. To make any changes to the account we would need to speak directly to your Father.

~Kellie
    PM sent with details of my account only.

Another PM sent with my full first name as it appears on my welcome email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Hi QuadaLumpins,

I've received and responded to your PM there.

~Kellie

Hi QuadaLumpins,

I've received and responded to your PM there.

~Kellie
    Thanks Kellie ... looks like we got there in the end.

Thank you.

Advertisement