Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No fibre available

• 04-12-2018 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I live i would say about 20m from the fibre cabinet i can even see it from my window, yet fibre is not available at my address, already stuck with 8mb connection for the past 11 months. How can i possibly get a fibre connection, my area is live according to the fibre rollout map, other residents around all have fibre except me. Can i get any help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

nano5001 wrote: »
    I live i would say about 20m from the fibre cabinet i can even see it from my window, yet fibre is not available at my address, already stuck with 8mb connection for the past 11 months. How can i possibly get a fibre connection, my area is live according to the fibre rollout map, other residents around all have fibre except me. Can i get any help?
    It may be a case of port availability rather than fibre availability. Sales/Customer care need to get onto Open Eir/Wholesale and see if there is an available port in your cabinet to sustain a connection. If all ports are used up then either you have to wait for someone to disconnect or for new ports to be activated in the cabinet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

nano5001 wrote: »
    Hi nano5001, 

I'm afraid the service is subject to availability and is individual to each address so not all customers within a live area may be able to avail of the service. 

There are many factors to take into account when providing the Fibre service. It may be a case that you are not connected to the cabinet you can see from your house. It's also important to bear in mind that lines are not laid as the crow flies and can take several different routes from the cabinet before it reaches your home.  

It may also be a port availability issue as noted by Sour Lemonz, our sales team via 1800 503 303 can clarify for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement