Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reconnection, cost of wiring cert

Options
  • 04-12-2018 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a repossessed property, power has been off since last June according to Electric Ireland. The House as constructed in 2006 so it would have been wired to modern standards.

I was recommended one electrician by a guy and rang him today and he just told me he couldn't do it as he was too busy until the end of January at the earliest and then I'd be looking at €500.00 to do it.

Another family member was in a similar situation three years ago and it cost them €350 (for a bigger house also) but the electrician they used was very unreliable with a few no-shows to do the job and constant promising until they eventually done it after being told that some-one else was being asked to do it. I am keen to avoid this BS even if I had to pay more.

Has anyone here got this done recently or any idea of what it might cost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Where you based.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Castlerea1121

listermint wrote: »
    Where you based.

Same question how big is the house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

I don't see €500 as unreasonable for this - it seems about right. That is assuming that absolutely everything is correct with the installation. I can almost guarantee you that this won't be the case.

As for availability before the end of January I suspect most contractors will be in the same boat as the one you have contacted already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

120 sq metres, semi-detached, 4 bedrooms, two storey, located nearby to Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Castlerea1121

theguzman wrote: »
    120 sq metres, semi-detached, 4 bedrooms, two storey, located nearby to Killarney.

Sounds about right shame you're not closer could of done it for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Yep, sounds about right

Advertisement