Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triple Glazing Build Quality

Options
  • 04-12-2018 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

My parents recently replaced double glazed windows with triple glazed, the windows were > 20 years old. After deposit and days prior to installation the company requested remaining payment up front (a policy introduced since 2008 apparently when they had issues with receiving payment) - I thought this was unusual however the company is a reputable name in Limerick and we decided to make payment.

The installation was completed pretty quickly - and the installation appears to be of good quality however the workmanship of the actual window build quality is in question.

1. Inconsistent Detailing (one window has 6 inch square detailing another has 8 inch)
    2. Blemishes within one window, unable to remove with cleaning solutions.
    3. Replacement Patio Door has introduced a 3inch step, previous patio door was flush with internal floor and a minor < 1 inch step.

We have reached out to the company with regard item 1, and they returned to measure and assured it would be replaced last week - this was a no show. Going to contact them again and mention the further issues - these have been looked at by an independent commercial glazer so it is not simply nit picking.

I intend on providing the company an opportunity to rectify and detail communication and no-shows, however what if any should the next action be - solicitor? small claims court with sales of goods act due to unsatisfactory quality?

Comments

Advertisement