Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 16 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have exact funds for Haz and Arnie to Sterling and Mitro tonight. Think I'll pull the trigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Murray to Rondon.
    Mane to Sane/Eriksen

Rondon? Seems flavour of the month and very little consistency.

Alonso->Yedlin or Dunk
    Mane->Sane
    Murray->Lacazette

-12 but it sorts out alot of problems in one swoop. Need to grow the balls to pull the trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Laca played 80mins plus in 9 consecutive league games and with bit part minutes over the last 3 games I fancy him to start the next group of games in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Hmm maybe it's time to get Kane, the cheapest way to do it is

Hazard and Aguero to
    Mahrez and Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

dahat wrote:
    Laca played 80mins plus in 9 consecutive league games and with bit part minutes over the last 3 games I fancy him to start the next group of games in the league.

With or instead of Auba?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

CSF wrote:
    Holding and Martial were both potential enabler transfers to bring in Lacazette for Arnie. Back to the drawing board we go. Need to find .2 somewhere but I'm happy with most of my team. Fernandez to a 4.2 defender seem the likely one. Kiko Femenia?

Brought in Yoshida myself as bench fodder

With or instead of Auba?

Instead for me as I'd like to get in another player in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If people were gonna move mountains to bring in an Arsenal attacker for the Christmas who would it be? Aubameyang certainly the more clinical, but Lacazette more likely to play central, cheaper and has already gotten plenty of enforced rest going into the Christmas period.

I mean you'd certainly feel more comfortably hypothetically captaining Aubameyang...........right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSF wrote: »
    If people were gonna move mountains to bring in an Arsenal attacker for the Christmas who would it be? Aubameyang certainly the more clinical, but Lacazette more likely to play central, cheaper and has already gotten plenty of enforced rest going into the Christmas period.

I mean you'd certainly feel more comfortably hypothetically captaining Aubameyang...........right?

I wouldn't captain Lacaztte in a fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

done Arnie -> Mitro. happy enough with the rest of my team I think. Players like Sterling, Robertson guaranteed a game next GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Most weeks, yes. But my feeling is this weekend Laca starts and Auba is on the bench.

km79 wrote: »
    I wouldn't captain Lacaztte in a fit

Nor would I but id have two other captaincy players.

manual_man wrote: »
    Most weeks, yes. But my feeling is this weekend Laca starts and Auba is on the bench.
    What would Auba be on the bench for though? Surely it makes more sense to rest in the Europa League? Or is the theory based on the cumulative effects of 2 huge games v Spurs and Man United?

What would Auba be on the bench for though? Surely it makes more sense to rest in the Europa League? Or is the theory based on the cumulative effects of 2 huge games v Spurs and Man United?

Yes, played 90 in 2 very intensive games. Starting a 3rd (in an easy home game) in 7 days would be a bit foolish when you have an able deputy in Laca ready to step up. Auba could start this weekend, but i'm not confident enough about it to put the armband on him, put it that way

Yes, played 90 in 2 very intensive games. Starting a 3rd (in an easy home game) in 7 days would be a bit foolish when you have an able deputy in Laca ready to step up. Auba could start this weekend, but i'm not confident enough about it to put the armband on him, put it that way

See the thing is, and I guess you could call it the weird thing, I’d be quite possibly willing to captain Lacazette ahead of Kane, Sterling, Sane and Mane this week if I brought him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Ok so if no free hits..... what is best.

Arnie to Auba + Mané to Fraser
    or
    Arnie to Jiminez + Hazard to Sterling.
    For -4

(Possible Murray to Mitro for -8)

See the thing is, and I guess you could call it the weird thing, I’d be quite possibly willing to captain Lacazette ahead of Kane, Sterling, Sane and Mane this week if I brought him in.

And i can absolutely see the logic in that. But what about the weeks after that then when you'd want Auba instead of him

Laca means Sterling whereas Auba means no Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

TAA rising tonight.
    Should I pull the trigger on Duffy out?
    Already on a -4

Gomez injured?

And i can absolutely see the logic in that. But what about the weeks after that then when you'd want Auba instead of him

I’ve to find a way to use the money saved effectively basically.

• Advertisement

I was certainly thinking this one too. It'd be Chambers rather than Le Marchand because Joe Bryan will see lots of minutes at left back I think.

One last point on this. Seems Chambers has been playing at CM under Ranieri. I didn't see highlights so didn't realize that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Need a budget defender for Alonso.

Have 6.1 but want to spend 5mil mark.

Can’t get Doherty as have Wolves GK & defenders already

One last point on this. Seems Chambers has been playing at CM under Ranieri. I didn't see highlights so didn't realize that.
    Yeah I'd posted that in an edit earlier, I think that is the way to go at 4.2 but I'm now second guessing the whole get rid of Fernandez plan due to some very decent fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

dahat wrote: »
    Laca means Sterling whereas Auba means no Sterling.
    I'm guessing that you have money tired up in your defence, if Sterling is the make way for Auba

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I'm guessing that you have money tired up in your defence, if Sterling is the make way for Auba

Yes, Alonso.

I should sell him really but if he goes I may not get him back given his price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Chesty08 wrote:
    Need a budget defender for Alonso.

Chesty08 wrote:
    Have 6.1 but want to spend 5mil mark.

Chesty08 wrote:
    Can’t get Doherty as have Wolves GK & defenders already

Kolasinic/Digne/Yedlin

Kolasinic/Digne/Yedlin

What are the chances of Kolasinic remaining at LB?
    Will Monreal slot in at CB? Maybe replace Holding.

I dunno whether to stretch to TAA instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭shmeee

Before price changes tonight, I've the bang on amount (0.6 IB) for the following double transfer;

Mané -> Torreira
    Arnautovic -> Kane

Done, now off to sleep and forget this GW 15 ever happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Hmm Rondon instead of Mitro in for Arnie lets me bring in Bilva or Maddison for Gudmunsson.....

Didn't see that Arnie drop happening last night....****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Looking at Arnie to PEA to give Kane PEA Wilson up front. The only downside is that I will have to play Brooks most weeks.

Best Brooks replacement for 5.6?

Advertisement