Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 16 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Mitro or Wilson... wilson i presume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Done Arnie to Jimenez.
    Now looking at taking hits.

A) Mane and Murray to Anderson and Laca -8
    B) Mané and Murray to Fraser and PEA -8

I can also add Hazard to Sterling in the above for -12.
    I have Sane already so I might leave that to next week.

Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Would doing Kane to Auba this week and Auba to Kane again next week be crazy? Both would be captain both weeks. Fancy Auba to score more than Kane this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

Worried about my defenders this week Laporte, Walker, Alonso, Robertson and Ake

The Chelsea v Man City game has me concerned about the first 3, Robertson potentially still out and don’t fancy Ake to score highly against Liverpool

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Flyer29 wrote: »
    Worried about my defenders this week Laporte, Walker, Alonso, Robertson and Ake

The Chelsea v Man City game has me concerned about the first 3, Robertson potentially still out and don’t fancy Ake to score highly against Liverpool

Any ideas?

I'd get rid of Walker or Laporte, 2 City attackers is a necessity IMO

Alonso is a 6th mid, you have him for his attacking returns, defensive points are a bonus. Whether or not he's worth his price tag at the moment is a different scenario.

I think Robertson will play this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I have to say son again caught my eye on MOTD
    I was all set to go salah to Anderson and Arnie to PEA even though I am not entirely sure about Anderson anyway . Especially if Carroll is back and they go hoofball again.
    If I go this route though I can upgrade sane to sterling next week

Going son means I can’t but I could upgrade Murphy to snodgrass as Fifth mid if I wanted . Or raise extra mil to her sterling in for sane

Not sure bringing in son ahead of Xmas rotation period is a good idea though !
    Does he have Asian cup in January ????

Fk it I’ll keep it simple
    Had forgotten Alli didn’t start last night either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Tempted to replace Arnie with Chicarito but not convinced by his minutes to date and that donkey back on the scene won't help him either.

Welcome back Mitrovic....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

km79 wrote: »
    I was all set to go salah to Anderson and Arnie to PEA even though I am not entirely sure about Anderson anyway . Especially if Carroll is back and they go hoofball again.

Going son means I can’t but I could upgrade Murphy to snodgrass as Fifth mid if I wanted . Or raise extra mil to her sterling in for sane

He does yes.

I'm similar to you with transfers, think I might take a punt on Eriksen though, more nailed on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Can't find any decent alternatives to Fraser, as I'll be upgrading Arnie to PEA and downgrading Haz. Even really left field like Townshend. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Can't find any decent alternatives to Fraser, as I'll be upgrading Arnie to PEA and downgrading Haz. Even really left field like Townshend. Any suggestions?

What about Snodgrass. Good fixtures, on decent form and on corners

thunderdog wrote: »
    What about Snodgrass. Good fixtures, on decent form and on corners

Have Anderson already unfortunately. 0.1 off Maddison.

Think it's gotta be Fraser :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

stephenl15 wrote: »

Do you have to find an alternative - he's been in great form this season, and unless you need the cash, I wouldn't be transferring him out - in fact I would say to find any cash elsewhere

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Do you have to find an alternative - he's been in great form this season, and unless you need the cash, I wouldn't be transferring him out - in fact I would say to find any cash elsewhere

Sorry I don't have Fraser. Selling Haz to fund Arnie to Aubameyang so have 6.7 for a replacement mid :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I brought Son in before Tuesday, he has a rep for rotation but he plays every game, 37 last season, 34 the year before. 10 of those as subs but he is playing up front effectively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What’s the thoughts of Cairney?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Green&Red wrote: »

He sort of passes the eye test but has very few returns. Ranieri is still tinkering.
    The FFScout team news section is worth a read. They expect him to start.
    He is close to a drop in price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

stephenl15 wrote:

Paterson OOP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Green&Red wrote: »

I've clung onto him since the start. Under the previous manager I think he had the potential to score slightly more than his price suggested. Ranieri might not be as attacking though. But he could be 4.6 soon which is probably a fair price. I'd be between him and Camarasa for last mid.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Cathcart/Robertson -> Trippier/TAA

• Advertisement

castie wrote: »
    Cathcart/Robertson -> Trippier/TAA

Trippier was taken off with a reoccurrence of his groin injury ???? At best he will be “managing “ the injury for the festive period
    Not what I would want from a 6ml defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Kun out kane in

Trippier was taken off with a reoccurrence of his groin injury ???? At best he will be “managing “ the injury for the festive period
    Not what I would want from a 6ml defender

*Sigh* ....sums up my week.

Had planned this if he got minutes midweek.
    I didn't then check if he actually survived the bloody game!

If I take a free hit now after I've made 2 transfers for -4.
    Will I not take the -4 and both of them be undone next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Did a crazy thing this week, Kane to Auba and will be captainIng him, could go badly wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Said the same last week, think he's far more prominent in Poch's thinking than a lot give him credit for. I reckon they'll play him till he drops over Christmas, it's this weekend I'm concerned about with Barca midweek.

Son's absolutely electric, and very very greedy. He's playing up top, and it suits him a lot more than the other mids playing up top (Ricky, Hazard etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

bantee wrote: »
    Did a crazy thing this week, Kane to Auba and will be captainIng him, could go badly wrong
    I'd be surprised at a big score for Spurs this weekend tbh. They have a big game on Tuesday which could define their season in many ways (and impact budget and attractiveness to new signings for next season). Their rivals for top four (Chel, Ars, even Man Utd and Everton) all dropped points during the week while they had a comfortable win. None of us know how they see it but their game this weekend has the feel of a "don't lose and don't get yourself injured" approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

bantee wrote: »

Did the opposite.

One of us must be right :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

castie wrote: »
    If I take a free hit now after I've made 2 transfers for -4.
    Will I not take the -4 and both of them be undone next week?

Correct

But any resale value you may have gained as a result of the transfers will be lost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Arnie to Laca done. Had £ 3.3m in the bank

Only way to bring Auba in was to take a -4 so it made the decision easier. I'll wait until the morning to decide on captain between Kane, Salah or Laca.

I haven't had a city midfielder yet this season but don't think this is the week to rectify that either.

Advertisement