Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 16 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Hopefully this story won't result in Emery dropping any of his players as punishment. Tempted to get Lacazette in this weekend. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7919695/arsenal-hippy-crack-ozil-lacazette-aubameyang-guendouzi/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Rikand wrote: »
    Correct

But any resale value you may have gained as a result of the transfers will be lost

Done...now I need a team!

Made some changes and now have this but I have 3m for changes.

Fab Button
    Alonso Doherty Digne TAA Wan Biss
    Eriksen Anderson Siggy Snodgrass Fraser
    Wilson Kane Lacazette

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Reckon Duffy to Dunk is the first move.

What to do with Arnie? I've never had Wilson and I'm not doing so bad without him. So I'm considering, as a differentiatal replacement, Chicharito.

Will he get the time and fill the Arnie void. Lucas is also in contention for that spot, which could affect Chicharito's minutes.

At the moment my Frontline is Kane and Success. Am I playing with fire getting Chicharito in since I have Success on the bench? Is the safer move to just go with Wilson? I could do a combo of the two.

At the moment I could get in Lacazette but that could hamper my plan to bulk up the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

carnie wrote: »

What to do with Arnie? I've never had Wilson and I'm not doing so bad without him. So I'm considering, as a differentiatal replacement, Chicharito.

Will he get the time and fill the Arnie void. Lucas is also in contention for that spot, which could affect Chicharito's minutes.

At the moment my Frontline is Kane and Success. Am I playing with fire getting Chicharito in since I have Success on the bench? Is the safer move to just go with Wilson? I could do a combo of the two.

At the moment I could get in Lacazette but that could hamper my plan to bulk up the middle.

Chicarito is a differential for a reason IMO, not nailed and not the same player he was previously even if West Ham have decent fixtures.

I'd go Mitrovic or Jiminez tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Pighead wrote: »
    Hopefully this story won't result in Emery dropping any of his players as punishment. Tempted to get Lacazette in this weekend. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7919695/arsenal-hippy-crack-ozil-lacazette-aubameyang-guendouzi/

Could you not have posted that 10 minutes earlier, before I brought Laca in Pighead? :(

Hopefully a warning is as far as it goes.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/1207/1015772-arsenal-warn-star-player-over-use-of-laughing-gas/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Could you not have posted that 10 minutes earlier, before I brought Laca in Pighead? :(

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/1207/1015772-arsenal-warn-star-player-over-use-of-laughing-gas/
    Given the fact that it happened before the season started I'm sure it will just be a slap on the wrist for the boys involved. Too many of them involved for him to drop them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pighead wrote: »
    Given the fact that it happened before the season started I'm sure it will just be a slap on the wrist for the boys involved. Too many of them involved for him to drop them all.

And you can’t exactly drop Lacazette for Aubameyang or vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

carnie wrote: »

Was thinking of that but Brightons fixtures arent amazing and they will be weakened with the loss of Duffy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

castie wrote: »
    Done...now I need a team!

Made some changes and now have this but I have 3m for changes.

Fab Button
    Alonso Doherty Digne TAA Wan Biss
    Eriksen Anderson Siggy Snodgrass Fraser
    Wilson Kane Lacazette
    Is that your FH team? You seem to have a lot of value tied up on the bench which doesn't seem necessary for one GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Done Arnie to Jimenez.
    Now looking at taking hits.

A) Mane and Murray to Anderson and Laca -8
    B) Mané and Murray to Fraser and PEA -8

I can also add Hazard to Sterling in the above for -12.
    I have Sane already so I might leave that to next week.

Any opinions?

I'm in a pickle with these transfers.
    I don't really want to get Mane out if his injury is short term.
    At the same time i don't really want to replace Murray with anyone except Laca or Murray and can't afford to do that without downgrading Mane or hazard.

In the meantime with all my dithering, the cost of the above transfers has gone up by 0.3. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

12 players involved so I wouldn’t worry about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm a -4 away from a bench boost of Fabianski (CPL) Jimenez (new) Alonso (MCI) Bennett (new)

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

spock. wrote: »
    I'm a -4 away from a bench boost of Fabianski (CPL) Jimenez (new) Alonso (MCI) Bennett (new)

Thoughts?

Is that your bench? If so why do you even have Alonso - you don’t have him in your team for his defensive skills so benching him is crazy. You might as well get rid of him altogether if he’s not a starter all the time.

I know some people might see me as anti alonso but of all the people who argue to keep him I don’t think any would agree with benching him this weekend.

Ace2007 wrote:
    Is that your bench? If so why do you even have Alonso - you don't have him in your team for his defensive skills so benching him is crazy. You might as well get rid of him altogether if he's not a starter all the time.

I know some people might see me as anti alonso but of all the people who argue to keep him I don't think any would agree with benching him this weekend.

I will be playing Alonso either way but if I was to make two more transfers (-4) he wouldn't be in my first 3 defenders.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Is that your bench? If so why do you even have Alonso - you don’t have him in your team for his defensive skills so benching him is crazy. You might as well get rid of him altogether if he’s not a starter all the time.

I know some people might see me as anti alonso but of all the people who argue to keep him I don’t think any would agree with benching him this weekend.

Exactly, he's a 6th midfielder, defensive points are a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Thoughts?

Making a guess from your team in the matchday thread (it doesn't include a GK so I'll assume you have Fab) you are removing Trippier Cathcart and Iwobi for a hit which seems underwhelming.(or including Iwobi if Fab is one of the transfers in a GW where rotation is a big issue,)

Next week could be better if your willing to go double Wolves against Bournemouth as Watford have a better fixture perhaps and you roll a transfer. Rotation will be less of an issue for most teams (Could Digne be rested this week say? )and the big team's lineups easier to guess after Europe midweek.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Is that your FH team? You seem to have a lot of value tied up on the bench which doesn't seem necessary for one GW.

Good point! I was playing it a bit too safe in case someone didn't start.

Fab button
    TAA Alonso Doherty Digne suttner
    Sterling Anderson Sane Siggy Masuaku
    Lacazette Kane Kamara

I'm honestly throwing darts in the dark here.

If we can all agree on a team by tomorrow I'll pick it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Good point! I was playing it a bit too safe in case someone didn't start.

Fab button
    TAA Alonso Doherty Digne suttner
    Sterling Anderson Sane Siggy Masuaku
    Lacazette Kane Kamara

I'm honestly throwing darts in the dark here.

If we can all agree on a team by tomorrow I'll pick it!

Alonso seems a strange one for FH team considering he's playing City

Alonso seems a strange one for FH team considering he's playing City

Another excellent point.

I need a decent back 4 suggested for the game week and I've another 0.6 in the bank.

Or a back 3 and upgrade Kamara to jiminez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Thoughts?
    Bench boost during December seems brave, regardless of who is on your bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Another excellent point.

I need a decent back 4 suggested for the game week and I've another 0.6 in the bank.

As toxic as United are. Their home record is reasonable decent. And as a FH they don't get much easier than Fulham!

As toxic as United are. Their home record is reasonable decent. And as a FH they don't get much easier than Fulham!

United have only kept 1 CS at Old Trafford all season to Crystal Palace 2 weeks ago, I'd be steering clear of any defenders & DDG

Fancy Mitrovic to bully them (United fan here)

Wouldn't even know where to begin in picking someone...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I think it's better to bring Auba in long term, but I can see him being rested this weekend. Do I bring in Laca short term and eventually upgrade to Auba?

This FH is the worst thing ever.
    I've made around 20 transfers in the last hour.

An example of these being

Sane in
    Sane -> Eriksen
    Eriksen -> Sane
    Sane -> Son
    Son -> Sane

I'm losing my mind...

Fab (Button)
    TAA Kolasinac Keane (2 X 3.8)
    Sterling Anderson Ricky Sane (Masuaku)
    Jimenez Auba Kane

ElTel wrote:
    Making a guess from your team in the matchday thread (it doesn't include a GK so I'll assume you have Fab) you are removing Trippier Cathcart and Iwobi for a hit which seems underwhelming.(or including Iwobi if Fab is one of the transfers in a GW where rotation is a big issue,)

Next week could be better if your willing to go double Wolves against Bournemouth as Watford have a better fixture perhaps and you roll a transfer. Rotation will be less of an issue for most teams (Could Digne be rested this week say? )and the big team's lineups easier to guess after Europe midweek.

Yeah have decided against it, don't want to lose Trippier when he could be back for Burnley at home next week.
    Can see him hitting a huge score in that if he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Whole new front 3 for me this week
    Kun,Murray+Arnie out-Wilson,PEA+Jimenez in -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

4 of my lot red flagged. A -4 at least this week

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Option A:
    Arnie + Haz -> Anderson & Auba
    Option B:
    Arnie + Haz -> Sane & Laca

Thoughts? Really tempted with A.

• Advertisement