Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with Zgemma H2s

Options
  • 05-12-2018 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi guys. I have a zgemma H2s box sitting at home collecting dust and was wondering would i be able to resurrect it and use it for something. In the house i am living in now i have a satellite dish but no aerial and was wondering what kind of channels if any channels would i be able to get going on this box? Would i be able to get the irish channels on it if i dont have an aerial and can i get all the english free to air channels on it? any advice or help would be appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

The Irish channels are not free on the Sky satellite. As long as the dish was not used for Sky Q or foreign satellites, you should be able to get the main free UK channels

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Darby_321

I have no idea if it was used for Sky Q or anything before as the dish was there when i moved in. I would doubt that it has been used for Sky Q. Ok thanks. Would the free UK channels come through in HD then and i will also be able to record them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Yes, channels such as BBC1, 2, 4, ITV1, CH4+5 are HD. You will need a USB HDD to record onto.

Yes, channels such as BBC1, 2, 4, ITV1, CH4+5 are HD. You will need a USB HDD to record onto.

Perfect, i must try it this evening so. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭swoofer

and if I was you I would go to techkings and have a look at wooshbuild image, you will be pleasantly surprised what it does for this box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

swoofer wrote: »
    and if I was you I would go to techkings and have a look at wooshbuild image, you will be pleasantly surprised what it does for this box.

See wooshbuild, can you overwrite ipab? And keep your plug ins?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

See wooshbuild, can you overwrite ipab? And keep your plug ins?

With ipab you can set the main provider on it to Freesat and get all the Freesat channels in the correct order.
    The plug ins cannot be talked about here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

With ipab you can set the main provider on it to Freesat and get all the Freesat channels in the correct order.
    The plug ins cannot be talked about here.

Ipab is gone to bits since it closed. Want to change it. And plugins can include YouTube etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ipab is gone to bits since it closed. Want to change it. And plugins can include YouTube etc :)

I was just covering the bases regards the plug ins as someone might mention certain ones.
    I used whoosh build,it didn't suit me so I took it off (not a straightforward process) but it will do what the op wants.

swoofer wrote: »

Ya i seen this wooshbuild yesterday, looks interesting alright. i will try that. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement