Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Trading stocks and Shares online affect BOI Mortgage Application

Options
  • 05-12-2018 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

As per the title

I have had a Degiro trading account (Online Stock Broker) for a year now and have been using it almost like a regular savings account. 

My question is, would this potentially be seen as a negative from a BOI mortgage application standpoint? 

For example, is trading stocks and shares, seen as:

- a negative, like an online gambling account; or,
     - a positive, like a regular savings account or pension contributions?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

shaned175 wrote: »
    As per the title

I have had a Degiro trading account (Online Stock Broker) for a year now and have been using it almost like a regular savings account. 

My question is, would this potentially be seen as a negative from a BOI mortgage application standpoint? 

For example, is trading stocks and shares, seen as:

- a negative, like an online gambling account; or,
     - a positive, like a regular savings account or pension contributions?

Thanks

Hi shaned175,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. All applications are assessed on a case by case basis with a number of factors considered. If you call our Mortgage Team on 01 611 3333 one of my colleagues will be more than happy to look into this and to clarify this for you.

Please feel free to get in touch with us if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement