Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile reception gone poor

• 05-12-2018 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭

Hi Eir!

We live in Donabate Co Dublin and my wife and I are Eir mobile customers. Our reception at home and in the neighbourhood seems to have gone quite poor lately with callers complaining they can't hear us or incoming calls not connecting and / or diverting to voicemail. Using the phones elsewhere is generally fine though.

Any idea's what might be going on? Have we a local issue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

Hi Eir!

We live in Donabate Co Dublin and my wife and I are Eir mobile customers. Our reception at home and in the neighbourhood seems to have gone quite poor lately with callers complaining they can't hear us or incoming calls not connecting and / or diverting to voicemail. Using the phones elsewhere is generally fine though.

Any idea's what might be going on? Have we a local issue?
    Hi there PukkaStukka

Thank you for getting in touch with us here. Sorry to hear you are having issues with your mobile reception.

We are currently not aware of any issues going on in your area at this time.

Can you tell me if the sims are older than your phones? If so, I would recommend you pop into your local eir store and pick up a USIM which is better for connecting to our 4G network.

Thanks

Ahren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Hi Ahren.

Unsure about my wifes SIM card, but mine is a 4G SIM that dates from November 2015.

In addition, I can see the signal strength fluctuating of its own accord at home. I doubt that would be down to the SIM, yes?

Should I still try get it changed?

Pukka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Hi Ahren.

Unsure about my wifes SIM card, but mine is a 4G SIM that dates from November 2015.

In addition, I can see the signal strength fluctuating of its own accord at home. I doubt that would be down to the SIM, yes?

Should I still try get it changed?

Pukka
    Hi PukkaStukka,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us. 

My best advice would be to update to USIMs as according to our system you are in a full coverage area. 

~Kellie

I called to an EIR store and replaced my USIM last Friday evening. After several days, I can say that it has made no discernible difference. The phone operates fine elsewhere except in our locality.

I called to an EIR store and replaced my USIM last Friday evening. After several days, I can say that it has made no discernible difference. The phone operates fine elsewhere except in our locality.
    Hi PukkaStukka,

If you could PM me the following account details, I can have a look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB

5) Your full postal address

~Kellie

• Advertisement

PM Sent

PM Sent
    Hi PukkaStukka,

I've just received and replied to your PM.

~Kellie

Advertisement