Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pension.

• 05-12-2018 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi, I was employed by a company from 1978 to 1990. This Company does not exist any longer although its parent company still operates in Ireland.
    My query is how do I find out if I was a member of a pension scheme and what happened to my contributions?
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

mossie11 wrote: »
    Hi, I was employed by a company from 1978 to 1990. This Company does not exist any longer although its parent company still operates in Ireland.
    My query is how do I find out if I was a member of a pension scheme and what happened to my contributions?
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

Did you ever get a benefit statement? You should have.

If not I'd contact the Pensions Board with whom any scheme would have been registered, but I wouldn't be overly optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mossie11

Did you ever get a benefit statement? You should have.

If not I'd contact the Pensions Board with whom any scheme would have been registered, but I wouldn't be overly optimistic.

I probably did but I have had so many address changes here and abroad it is long gone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

mossie11 wrote: »
    I probably did but I have had so many address changes here and abroad it is long gone.

Contact the Pensions Board in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mossie11

Contact the Pensions Board in that case.
    I will do that. Thank you for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cd76

also ask the Parent company of the company who employed you. Also ask some old colleagues in the company with whom you worked., they may know. Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

cd76 wrote: »
    also ask the Parent company of the company who employed you. Also ask some old colleagues in the company with whom you worked., they may know. Good luck

You just replied to a thread from 2018, I'm sure they figured it out in the years since.

Advertisement