Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlann: Now seeking the spirit of the yellow duck - 5th Dec forward

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Joe on the eye pad, pretending he knows plenty of poetry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

ye cant defend dat dere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

A bunch of vegan feminist communist cnts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

How many back to back to back ad breaks can they get away with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

withless wrote: »
    Hypothetically speaking this art has killed several people already Joe.

Giant glass dildo falls off shelf and horribly mangles several spectators.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Well, that was showing a brief flash of gold early on, but rapidly became downgraded to a murky type of cheap brass.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

What actually is the installation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Joe, did baby Christ give consent for you to eat him every Sunday?
    (No, because you’re not really eating his body... it’s a concept, a metaphor... to make you think... do you see?)

Damn missed de Necrofest show which seems to have yielded Gold, was droivin somebody to collect a repaired car. It will be a yawnfest for next whoile. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

i have a friend who has done every drug under de sun. i reckon he has not has had as bad a trip as listening to today's show so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

minikin wrote: »
    Joe, did baby Christ give consent for you to eat him every Sunday?
    (No, because you’re not really eating his body... it’s a concept, a metaphor... to make you think... do you see?)

Ah, but in their religion it's not, to them, it's ACTUALLY his body. What a thing to believe!

woejus wrote: »

"Serrano himself said of the controversy: "I had no idea Piss Christ would get the attention it did, since I meant neither blasphemy nor offense by it"

Also, can ye continue with suggestions for the new thread title if so disposed please? You don't want to leave it up to me, I promise you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Damn missed de Necrofest show which seems to have yielded Gold, was droivin somebody to collect a repaired car. It will be a yawnfest for next whoile. :(

Wat colour was de car?

I'll be listening back to the full "art" segment from earlier later - should I give the rest a miss so to speak?

Also, can ye continue with suggestions for the new thread title if so disposed please? You don't want to leave it up to me, I promise you.

Lahn Lahn: De LesboNecroDildo Edition, 15th February 2-19 and beyond so to speak Edition.

Lahn Lahn: De LesboNecroDildo Edition, 15th February 2-19 and beyond so to speak Edition.
    Can we say Dildo in thread titles? Widdas and younger ears may be traumatizzed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I submitted this one at the last change, but apparently it was entered too late:-

Liveline: Tell me WHOY...I dont like Froidays

It was said repeatedly on National Radio before 3pm today. I'd imagine that has a wider audience than a thread on boards about Lahv Lahn tbh!

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I submitted this one at the last change, but apparently it was entered too late:-

Liveline: Tell me WHOY...I dont like Froidays
    oh I like this one. Permission to over rule the most-liked post rule?

Roger_007 wrote: »

Liveline: Tell me WHOY...I dont like Funny Froidays

FYP.

Wat colour was de car?

My car or her car, caller?

Actually dey are both silver. Her BMW520 had to get new diesel engine as the 9 year old old one had seized without cause being known apparently. They denied it was the aul timing chain bugbear de ve-hickle is plagued with. Personally I would have phoned de Loiveloine about dis.

oh I like this one. Permission to over rule the most-liked post rule?

DENIED.
    :pac:

Come on - how often are we going to able to put the words "Lesbo", "Necro" and "Dildo" together in our lives, let alone when referring to a Lahv Lahn Topic?

My car or her car, caller?

Actually dey are both silver. Her BMW520 had to get new diesel engine as the 9 year old old one had seized without cause being known apparently. They denied it was the aul timing chain bugbear de ve-hickle is plagued with. Personally I would have phoned de Loiveloine about dis.

Can she claim in on de inshure-dance?

DENIED.
    :pac:

Come on - how often are we going to able to put the words "Lesbo", "Necro" and "Dildo" together in our lives, let alone when referring to a Lahv Lahn Topic?
    counsel for LesboNecroDildo thread makes a fair point, only the jurors will decide.

Anyone remember what the current thread titles refers to? I tuned out of Liveline for a few months, because preservation of sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Something to do with Vibrators & working away? If it’s not too risqué so to speak

It was said repeatedly on National Radio before 3pm today. I'd imagine that has a wider audience than a thread on boards about Lahv Lahn tbh!
    Funny how yesterday there was a warning about covering little ears when the topic was piercings & todays didnt merit a warning

Funny how yesterday there was a warning about covering little ears when the topic was piercings & todays didnt merit a warning

Dat was because de piercings go in de ears and de dildo goes in de.....

• Advertisement

Can she claim in on de inshure-dance?

No Joe, twasnt an accident like a leg being run over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Dat was because de piercings go in de ears and de dildo goes in de.....

Dildos; don’t know too much about them, but haven’t RTE been advertising ‘Steelie Dan’ for the last six months. One of the best dildos around,I’m informed,along with the ‘Black Stallion’ the ‘Zulu Rocket’, and the ‘Lady Pleaser’

What’s all the fuss about here?

Missed the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

If there's one thing I never thought I'd hear Joe Duffy say it had to be "put ashes into a vibrator and stick it into yourself".

Surely there should have been a warning for those of us driving or operating heavy machinery at the time.

I think I'll ring the RSA to complain. If I'm not satisfied with what they say then I can always ring de Loiveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

What colour was the dildo?

Seriously some people get worked up over anything, todays show has not made me any more interested in gping to see the damn thing, was the initial caller in a same sex relationship and her anger was at the 'widow' bit implying it was a male partner who the fictional ashes belonged too? Something just seemed odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Ash vs the Evil Dead (batteries)

Aska wrote: »

Seriously some people get worked up over anything, todays show has not made me any more interested in gping to see the damn thing, was the initial caller in a same sex relationship and her anger was at the 'widow' bit implying it was a male partner who the fictional ashes belonged too? Something just seemed odd.
    Not initially, she had a husband die recently as in the last year I think. But she came out all guns blazing then

• Advertisement

Dey were FICTIONAL ashes?? Well, den, wats all de fuss about?? I had imagined they were de ashes of a deceased so to speak, who might have donated dem to science or de arts an dat!

Not initially, she had a husband die recently as in the last year I think. But she came out all guns blazing then

The Christina woman ? I thought that was a later lady but hands up if I am wrong on that. I male and not in that position so things affect everyone in different ways but it seems like people have to be vocal about everything that bothers them, yes we do similar on boards.ie complaining about A B & C but we are not shoving it down peoples throats

Dey were FICTIONAL ashes?? Well, den, wats all de fuss about?? I had imagined they were de ashes of a deceased so to speak, who might have donated dem to science or de arts an dat!

Sorry the ashes on show could have been real, i thought fictional due to there was no 'widow' on site to do experiment.

Sorry the ashes on show could have been real, i thought fictional due to there was no 'widow' on site to do experiment.

Ooh dats creepy nundeless. I’m donating my brain to Trinity / Beaumont brain research department (dey want “normal” as well as diseased brains to compare like with like) and I wouldn’t fancy it turning up in an art installation.

BPKS wrote: »
    If there's one thing I never thought I'd hear Joe Duffy say it had to be "put ashes into a vibrator and stick it into yourself".

Surely there should have been a warning for those of us driving or operating heavy machinery at the time.

I think I'll ring the RSA to complain. If I'm not satisfied with what they say then I can always ring de Loiveline.

How big was dat dildo?

• Advertisement

Dildos; don’t know too much about them, but haven’t RTE been advertising ‘Steelie Dan’ for the last six months. One of the best dildos around,I’m informed,along with the ‘Black Stallion’ the ‘Zulu Rocket’, and the ‘Lady Pleaser’

What’s all the fuss about here?

Missed the show.

Seriously? Are RTÉ advertising dildos? I'm surprised we haven't had auld wans/Catalicks ringing in from all parts of the country complaining about this if we have.

Joe: And have you ever tried a dildo Mary?
    Hello?
    Mary...are you there?
    We seem to have lost Mary, back after deeze.

"Serrano himself said of the controversy: "I had no idea Piss Christ would get the attention it did, since I meant neither blasphemy nor offense by it"

Dat duz be Nick Young dare in dat pic with Catalick attire on him and dat. He's a basketball player, calls himself Swaggy P. He's a bit of a clown and a naughty boy so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Seriously? Are RTÉ advertising dildos? I'm surprised we haven't had auld wans/Catalicks ringing in from all parts of the country complaining about this if we have.

Joe: And have you ever tried a dildo Mary?
    Hello?
    Mary...are you there?
    We seem to have lost Mary, back after deeze.

Just for info, Butthers.... looks like there is a band called after it too.

"Steely Dan" is a reference to William S. Burroughs' 1959 novel Naked Lunch, a book I'll admit to reading but not actually understanding. In Naked Lunch, "Steely Dan III from Yokohama" is a steam-powered dildo, which is not really something that comes to mind when listening to "Reelin' In The Years."Jun 24, 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

woejus wrote: »
    Eurotrash?

DxI13SUWkAACqXT.jpg

The Word

Just for info, Butthers.... looks like there is a band called after it too.

"Steely Dan" is a reference to William S. Burroughs' 1959 novel Naked Lunch, a book I'll admit to reading but not actually understanding. In Naked Lunch, "Steely Dan III from Yokohama" is a steam-powered dildo, which is not really something that comes to mind when listening to "Reelin' In The Years."Jun 24, 2014

No I know of Steely Dan de band so to speak, I was just genuinely curious as to whether the RTÉ were advertising de tools for pleasuring de ladies and some men (#equality and dat) on de radio or de TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

Dont get to hear Liveline much during the day but .. never thought I'd hear all that on Liveline. Hope mary making her soda bread eecovers/

One thing that I cant understand is how come there are so many producers needed for a call in show.

I think the producer today was called David O'Sullivan (obviously new here) but in last few weeks there has been Tara Loughrey Grant, Hugh Ormond, Fergius Sweeneu and obviously Mr Uber Producer Aonghus "Christy Hennessey" "Late Date"McAnally. Does a call in show really need a team of 5+ producers. Can understand Today with Sean O'Rourke or Morning Ireland needing multiple producers as there is much more prep to do but a call in show?

Especially when Joe was querying how Trinners was spending state provided funds

Conor84 wrote: »
    Dont get to hear Liveline much during the day but .. never thought I'd hear all that on Liveline. Hope mary making her soda bread eecovers/

One thing that I cant understand is how come there are so many producers needed for a call in show.

I think the producer today was called David O'Sullivan (obviously new here) but in last few weeks there has been Tara Loughrey Grant, Hugh Ormond, Fergius Sweeneu and obviously Mr Uber Producer Aonghus "Christy Hennessey" "Late Date"McAnally. Does a call in show really need a team of 5+ producers. Can understand Today with Sean O'Rourke or Morning Ireland needing multiple producers as there is much more prep to do but a call in show?

Especially when Joe was querying how Trinners was spending state provided funds

He's new. Tara was Number 8, so that's 9 now.

GUBU.

They need so many producers so they can all take lots of time off to their pet sideline projects (well McAnally anyway), which also get free promotion on the show.
    Much like the full time host with his 10-12 weeks off

You been listening to The Iceberg again Butters

Great album. I especially love de opening track “Shut Up, Be Happy” with de monologue/poe-em from Jello Biafra (he of “The Dead Kennedy’s” fame so to speak) set to a heavy industrial soundtrack. Who’d have thought it would later appear in the RTÉ Vision Statement*?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMQHVzSPTec&feature=share

*may not be true.

They need so many producers so they can all take lots of time off to their pet sideline projects (well McAnally anyway), which also get free promotion on the show.
    Much like the full time host with his 10-12 weeks off
    I expect to be assassinated for this comment, but I think it makes sense for any employer to grant a leave of absence (unpaid of course) to any employee who wants to embark on a project which will improve that employee's own experience or skillset. I got one from my old employer before I started my postgrad - this was in the private sector. They knew I'd be doing something productive and would return with a better set of skills. Sooo, I kinda see why RTÉ does this too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement