Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2019

Options
  • 05-12-2018 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Well, I'm finally able to post in this forum again and what better way then by starting a new thread :)

Just did a first response test today and it's positive!
    I had a miscarriage in June at 6.5 weeks so it's been a tough 6 months to get to this day. Fingers crossed everything goes okay this time around.

EDD- mid August :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

Aww congrats! Just found out here too! 4 weeks and due mid August! Can hardly believe it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Baby19

Yay another August baby!! Congrats to you too oopsies!

Hope you're doing well?
    I'm finding it tough knowing if I've a bit of a dose or if it's the pregnancy... Feel quite sluggish and a bit nauseous. Doesn't help that everyone in work is sick :(

Roll on Christmas holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sarah1916

Can I join here as well please :)
    EDD 12 August on our first baby! Exciting times!

I think I am 5 weeks today by my calculations but no symptoms.
    I was tired a few evenings last week falling asleep on the couch in the evenings but I am not sure if that has anything to do with pregnancy or I was just very tired!

I am booked in for an early scan next week when I will be 6+4 by my calculations so I am really hoping we can see something. I had very irregular and long cycles so that is the main reason why I want an early scan to see if I have my dates correct. The other is I would like to tell our families over Christmas so it would be nice to have that comfort of a scan behind us.

Congrats Sarah1916. Such a lovely time of year to be telling the family! This is my second so we are contemplating keeping it secret until at least mid January. Im rubbish at secrets though :)

Im 4 weeks today and feel about 20 weeks! Tired, bloated, emotional :) My little boy had a tummy bug all last week and I thought I was catching it but turns out to be pregnancy symptoms!! Much better.

All the symptoms will calm down in a few weeks just in time for the announcements! :D

Due 19th of August. Bought the OH two tickets to the Foo Fighters for Xmas and had to tell him to sell mine! Its on Aug 22nd. Cuts it a bit fine!

Awh welcome Sarah1916!
    It's also my first, after a miscarriage in June. I think I'm due August 15th. Also planning on telling my parents at Christmas. Although, my early scan isn't until January 3rd.

Oopsies, I also had tickets to the Foo Fighters. Raging! I love them!:(

• Advertisement

Baby19 wrote: »
    Awh welcome Sarah1916!
    It's also my first, after a miscarriage in June. I think I'm due August 15th. Also planning on telling my parents at Christmas. Although, my early scan isn't until January 3rd.

Oopsies, I also had tickets to the Foo Fighters. Raging! I love them!:(

We'll just have to Spotify it in the hospital :D

Definitely! Feel sorry for my husband. He's never seen them where as, I have. Oh well, next time!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 molly2018

Hi all. Jumping on the band wagon . Im 5+5 currently. We had a missed miscarriage in September so couldn't believe we got pregnant as quick again. We are both so happy! Have fatigue and some nausea,no vomiting yet t.g. I'm looking forward to the next few months fingers crossed.

Delighted to see another August mammy to be! Congratulations Molly2018!:)

So sorry to hear about your miscarriage. It's such a difficult thing to go through.

I'm getting hit with nausea, quite badly today unfortunately. Hopefully it won't get too much worse for either of us :)

Thanks so much! I was wide awake the last few mornings at 5am when typically I would not wake until 7! It says early morning wakening is quite normal but I still have to get up for work 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Hello :-)

Said I would join the group! I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant :-) This is my first and I due 21st August.

I just booked my midwife for what I'm hoping will be a home birth. All very surreal right now!

Anyone been to the GP yet?

I've next Monday off so it might be my only chance before xmas. I'll only be 5 weeks but at least I'd be on the coombes list!

Hello :-)

Said I would join the group! I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant :-) This is my first and I due 21st August.

I just booked my midwife for what I'm hoping will be a home birth. All very surreal right now!

Oh wow. I'd love a homebirth! Congrats!!

Welcome Hoochiemama!!:)

Nausea eased a bit today thankfully! Absolutely wrecked though!

I have my GP appointment next Monday. Im going private in the Rotunda so I've already booked in for that :)

Welcome Hoochiemama!

The more the merrier! I'm booked in for an early scan next week when I will 7+3, it's just for peace of mind before Xmas. Im equally scared and excited! I'm going private too in a public hospital and its the consultant doing the scan so it's some peace of mind.

I am booked in for an early scan next week as well but I will only be 6+4 - again I just wanted some piece of mind before Christmas.

I had my doctors appointment last week. He wasn't much help and didn't even mention the registration form needed for the Coombe which I wasn't aware of until I rang the Coombe. I printed the form myself and it is now sent in so hopefully I will get an appointment for some time in January. He also did not have me do another test, check my weight, blood pressure or anything.

Just had my doctors appointment today. All good, just slightly low blood pressure so need to up my liquids.

IM so tired now and hungry ALL THE TIME. Is it right to be this hungry so early?

Awh I'm so jealous of all the early scans. I wasn't offered my first one until January 3rd, I'll be 8 weeks. Not sure babyscan in Swords would do one when I'm 6+4, that's Christmas eve.

Feel pretty rotten today. Thumping headache and nauseous. Shattered too but not too hungry...which is good for me as I'm trying to eat sensibly!:D

Just had my doctors appointment today. All good, just slightly low blood pressure so need to up my liquids.

IM so tired now and hungry ALL THE TIME. Is it right to be this hungry so early?

I was like a human dustbin on my first fella at this stage. Id say I put on a stone in the first 12 weeks!

This time around is the opposite. Too queasy to eat a lot. Little and often is the trick for nausea... Oh and ginger nut biscuits!

Im dying to book an early scan for the first week of January but the OH thinks its a waste of money! :eek: We had one on my first and I found it great to actually get to grips that there is something actually there. Its all so surreal at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

Guys can I jump in here...?

Myself and hubby had a bit of a surprise...Due the start of August 2019. I'm literally in shock.

This is our 3rd. THIRD! Can't believe I'm saying that!! My twins aren't even 18 months yet.

Needless to say I've been so busy with them it's only sinking in now!

I think I am in disbelief as we conceived the day after my period ended. Even the GP said it was an unlikely time to get pregnant, but it can happen! I went to the GP and got a test to convince myself I think, I wasn't sure the one I took was telling the truth. Hahaha.

Feeling very nauseous and tired. Hoping it passes. Congrats to all you lovely mamas. Wish me luck!!

• Advertisement

marylou82 wrote: »
    Guys can I jump in here...?

Myself and hubby had a bit of a surprise...Due the start of August 2019. I'm literally in shock.

This is our 3rd. THIRD! Can't believe I'm saying that!! My twins aren't even 18 months yet.

Needless to say I've been so busy with them it's only sinking in now!

I think I am in disbelief as we conceived the day after my period ended. Even the GP said it was an unlikely time to get pregnant, but it can happen! I went to the GP and got a test to convince myself I think, I wasn't sure the one I took was telling the truth. Hahaha.

Feeling very nauseous and tired. Hoping it passes. Congrats to all you lovely mamas. Wish me luck!!

Oh my! It will be all worth it in a few years when they're all best buddies and keep each other occupied!

Congrats! Xxx

Hi all!

Doing ok 're nausea last two days which now has me nervous! The 22nd can't come quick enough for my early scan.
    My gp gave me the registration form for the hospital to post. Its interesting how everyone s gp is so different!

Im the same Molly! Cramping has eased off and so has the fatigue and now Im fretting!

Very jealous you get to have a scan before Christmas. :-)

That's funny, my nausea has also eased a bit the last couple of days. It is worrying isn't it?
    I was 5 weeks yesterday :) Hard to get too excited as I miscarried at 6+4 in June so I'm a bit nervous but hopefully things will continue to go well :)

I am happy that the scan is before Xmas but fingers crossed all goes well so it's a happy Xmas. I'm quiet tired today no real nausea. I'm having to get up in the early a.m to use the bathroom when I never would have before

Ugh being pregnant can be so worrying... Started bleeding lightly this evening. Was out shopping etc earlier, only for an hour or so, but might have overdone it a bit. Going to stay on the couch for the evening. My poor husband is so worried. It's so tough to reassure him. He's currently making dinner. He's so good to me. Hope everyone else is doing well :)

Please God all will be ok. It's so hard not to try worry all the time. My husband tries to be the positive we need for both of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Flangy84

Hi Ladies,

I’m goin to join ur if that’s ok. I’m due my second baby on the 13th of AugustðŸ™ðŸ»Have been looking for some kind of irish mammy to be group on Facebook but can’t seem to find one. Congratulations to all🎉

Flangy84 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

I’m goin to join ur if that’s ok. I’m due my second baby on the 13th of AugustðŸ™ðŸ»Have been looking for some kind of irish mammy to be group on Facebook but can’t seem to find one. Congratulations to all🎉

Welcome Flangy84. I'm glad we have some send and third time mamies around because I am sure there will be a load of questions for plus first timers!

• Advertisement

Hi all,

I am 6 weeks today.
    I have been really itchy all over for the past 24 hours. Does anyone know if that is a symptom normally of pregnancy or if it is just a coincidence? It is extremely annoying. I don't think it is anything I ate but possibly it could be I suppose.

Advertisement