Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

Sarah1916 I've never heard of that this early on but it's common enough in pregnancy.

Just back from first GP visit. All good, seems a bit more real now. Can't wait for 12 weeks to come!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Baby19

Welcome Flangy84!

Just in from my GP visit too!:) All good and due date given as the 13th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 molly2018

Welcome sarah1916. Same as others,it's common in pregnancy but not sure really when it starts etc

It is great getting the dates confirmed!

What hospitals are we all going to?
    I'll be going to the coombe but naas for midwife visits.

I'm going private in the Rotunda :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sarah1916

I am in the Coombe as well - I initially got my booking appt for a local clinic and scan for the Coombe but I rang yesterday and asked them if they could possibly put them on the same day as it would be hard to take 2 half days off work in Jan. The lady was very helpful and now both are in the Coombe on the same morning in January. Hopefully the follow up appt's will be in the local clinic which is in Clondalkin. It would make things a lot easier as close to home and no parking issues etc.

I was really impressed with the response from the Coombe. I posted my letter on the Monday and had the letter back from them by the Thursday with my appointments. Going by my dates I think I will be only 10 weeks at my first Coombe scan as I have long cycles. The Doctor insisted in using my LMP date which is fair enough.

I have an early private scan booked for Thursday so hopefully all going well I might get a more definite date then.

Sarah1916 wrote: »
    I am in the Coombe as well - I initially got my booking appt for a local clinic and scan for the Coombe but I rang yesterday and asked them if they could possibly put them on the same day as it would be hard to take 2 half days off work in Jan. The lady was very helpful and now both are in the Coombe on the same morning in January. Hopefully the follow up appt's will be in the local clinic which is in Clondalkin. It would make things a lot easier as close to home and no parking issues etc.

I was really impressed with the response from the Coombe. I posted my letter on the Monday and had the letter back from them by the Thursday with my appointments. Going by my dates I think I will be only 10 weeks at my first Coombe scan as I have long cycles. The Doctor insisted in using my LMP date which is fair enough.

I have an early private scan booked for Thursday so hopefully all going well I might get a more definite date then.

Oh wow, Im sending my letter off tomorrow. Hope to get the appointments set in stone very soon so!
    So exciting to have a private scan before Xmas! How many weeks will you be Thursday? Im thinking of booking one for 8 weeks which is the first week in Jan for me.

I will only be 6+4 but I found a place in town that does them from 6 weeks and I feel it would put my mind at ease telling our families on Christmas day :)

I will only be 6+4 but I found a place in town that does them from 6 weeks and I feel it would put my mind at ease telling our families on Christmas day :)

I dont know how I'll get out of having a sober Xmas and not letting the cat out of the bag! :)

Good luck with the scan! So exciting :D

Best of luck with your scan sarah1916! I've mine on Saturday I will be 7 + 3!

• Advertisement

Oh girls the nausea is soooo bad!! I honestly have no appetite at all. Hopefully it'll pass soon. Feel like I'm a miserable, moany wagon at the minute!

Baby19 wrote: »
    Oh girls the nausea is soooo bad!! I honestly have no appetite at all. Hopefully it'll pass soon. Feel like I'm a miserable, moany wagon at the minute!

baby19 sorry to hear that. Mine is not so bad of late, bit I hear if it's not bad in first trimester it can be worse in others! I hear ginger is meant to be good?

Yeah I'll have to try a few things to see what helps. I got the sea bands yesterday and they're taking the edge off it.
    I've 3 hours in work tomorrow and then I'm finished for 2 weeks :D It couldn't have come at a better time! I've already told my husband I'll be spending Saturday in bed!:D

Thanks Molly.

The scan went great. It was literally a little dot on the screen but measuring exactly to the day I had thought which is great.
    Hearing the heartbeat was the best :)

I have been really lucky with the sickness but then yesterday I was so sick! Seem to be ok again this morning so lets wait and see!

Best of luck with your scan tomorrow :)

Thanks Molly.

The scan went great. It was literally a little dot on the screen but measuring exactly to the day I had thought which is great.
    Hearing the heartbeat was the best :)

I have been really lucky with the sickness but then yesterday I was so sick! Seem to be ok again this morning so lets wait and see!

Best of luck with your scan tomorrow :)

Scan went well thank God. My dates were a little bit further but we got our heartbeat and that's all that matters.

That’s great you got your heartbeat Molly, gives a great sense of relief doesn’t it :)

That’s great you got your heartbeat Molly, gives a great sense of relief doesn’t it :)

Serious relief but still a long way to go until 12 weeks but I am just going to have to take it day by day!

Well, still feeling sick 24/7 unfortunately but told my family tonight and they're delighted. I was sure my mam had sussed it but she hadn't :D

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!:)

Well, still feeling sick 24/7 unfortunately but told my family tonight and they're delighted. I was sure my mam had sussed it but she hadn't :D

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!:)

Sorry to hear that baby19. I'm just needing to use the bathroom alot and as a result in the middle of the night I can't go back asleep

Thanks Molly! It's actually so bad I'm just about to go around to the GP. I can't even face a glass of water it's that bad :( So disappointed as I was meant to visit friends today and have a night away but I'm just too unwell to go. Sorry for the moan!!

• Advertisement

Thanks Molly! It's actually so bad I'm just about to go around to the GP. I can't even face a glass of water it's that bad :( So disappointed as I was meant to visit friends today and have a night away but I'm just too unwell to go. Sorry for the moan!!

It's best to see the GP just to get their opinion. This board was created for moaning and support so both allowed! I've some heartburn today but nausea is ok, maybe this is how I will suffer!

Have a UTI and possibly another infection...could be gastro which would explain why I feel so rotten. GP was reluctant to give me anything so I have to ring my consultant's secretary and try to get an earlier appointment. I'm due to see her next Thursday. Feel absolutely awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

Hi all. This is my second time around. My little girl turned one in September. I’ve just got a positive test and I’m four week now. Due August 28th. I’m not sure what symptoms I have as I’ve gone for tummy bug, to bronchitis to cold - send help!!!! My little girl is just over an ear infection too so it’s all fun here. I’m currently lying in bed with Her running around the bed. Daddy was working today so we’re counting down the hours until he gets home. I’ve been extremely lucky in pregnancy so far. Really hoping all works out this time too. I told myself I wouldn’t worry over something I can’t control but it has already started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NeonSoul

Hi Ladies
    Lucy here, I'm new to boards and new to pregnancy too!
    I'm 9 weeks, due Aug 1st!
    Have been seriously tired, feel sick in the mornings and my digestion is haywire, but over all feeling super happy and excited!
    We heard the heart beat on Christmas eve and it's was magic!
    Lovely to virtually meet you all and congrats on the pregnancys xxx

Hi Starface and neon!

Currently 8 weeks today. Still not getting too nauseous but by God I could sleep standing up, I am just wrecked all the time. Hope you all have a good new years and 2019 is bringing a lot of change for us!

First new pregnancy symptom appeared yesterday - thrush! I didn’t have it with my little girl but I have it bad now. Can I take anything? Most things say not too before seeing your doctor. Is that just a precautionary thing?

starface wrote: »
    First new pregnancy symptom appeared yesterday - thrush! I didn’t have it with my little girl but I have it bad now. Can I take anything? Most things say not too before seeing your doctor. Is that just a precautionary thing?

Hi starface, sorry I haven't a clue what to advise you but hope you get sorted!

Welcome to the new mammies!

Still hanging in there. Ended up in a&e last week. Have been prescribed cariban for the nausea and something else for the upper gastric pain I've been having. Am still basically living off toast. Back to work on Monday so I'm hoping I'll manage okay. Had a scan last week which was lovely and have my first appointment with my consultant tomorrow.

Hope everyone is keeping well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Welcome to the new mammies!

Still hanging in there. Ended up in a&e last week. Have been prescribed cariban for the nausea and something else for the upper gastric pain I've been having. Am still basically living off toast. Back to work on Monday so I'm hoping I'll manage okay. Had a scan last week which was lovely and have my first appointment with my consultant tomorrow.

Hope everyone is keeping well :)

Oh God Baby19 - so sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it!!!

How is everyone getting on?? I have nausea on and off but lads, the fatigue!!!!!!!!!!!! Its killing me. I barely have energy to get up and have a shower. I wake up every morning and feel hungover!!!

This first trimester sh*t sucks!

• Advertisement

So my thrush is still really bad. I was going to a work friends house for tea and chats but I’m so uncomfortable I had to Bring the canastan cream with me for a top up. Arrived home there and went to get the cream out of my pocket to use it. It’s not there. It fell out in her house. MORTO. She’s just going to find thrush cream in her sitting room tomorrow. So embarrassed but also I could really do with it right now.

Advertisement