Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

starface wrote: »
    First new pregnancy symptom appeared yesterday - thrush! I didn’t have it with my little girl but I have it bad now. Can I take anything? Most things say not too before seeing your doctor. Is that just a precautionary thing?

Starface sorry jumping in from the July thread. Acidophilus is really good for thrush and safe for pregnancy. I take it everyday and haven't had a bout in ages. It might take a few days to kick in but think you can take a double dose if it's bad. Obviously check with the chemist or health store 1st but hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 molly2018

Hey all just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I had another scan 9+4 today as i previously had a miscarriage. All going well t.g and the sound of the heartbeat is ❤❤. I hope everyone is hanging in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Starface sorry jumping in from the July thread. Acidophilus is really good for thrush and safe for pregnancy. I take it everyday and haven't had a bout in ages. It might take a few days to kick in but think you can take a double dose if it's bad. Obviously check with the chemist or health store 1st but hope it helps.

That’s so much for this. I asked I. The health food store and the guy started off on a lecture about sugar in my diet so I didn’t manage to get it but will try again next day I’m in. Would it be in the vitamin section? I’m so sick of it. It’s so uncomfortable in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Baby19

Awh Molly2018 that's great!!
    Currently 8+4. Had a scan last week and heard the heartbeat too. So lovely. I've also had a miscarriage so have another scan next Thursday. Medication is helping with the nausea but I can still only eat small amounts of plain food. A woman in work actually commented that I looked great and that I'd lost a bit of weight! Had to laugh....if only she knew I basically haven't eaten in 3 weeks!!:D

Hope everyone's doing well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

molly2018 wrote: »
    Hey all just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I had another scan 9+4 today as i previously had a miscarriage. All going well t.g and the sound of the heartbeat is ❤❤. I hope everyone is hanging in there!

Awh that’s lovely. It’s amazing to think the babies heart is beating already. I don’t get any scans or get to listen to the heart beat until 20 weeks. It’s a long wait. Considering paying for one but I’m struggling to look into it. I happened to be in the US when I was 14 weeks the first time so I got a gender scan there but it’s safe to say there will be no such luxuries this time 😂😂

• Advertisement

starface wrote: »
    That’s so much for this. I asked I. The health food store and the guy started off on a lecture about sugar in my diet so I didn’t manage to get it but will try again next day I’m in. Would it be in the vitamin section? I’m so sick of it. It’s so uncomfortable in work.

Yea would be in with vitamins etc you'll get it in any healthstore too

Hey! I just saw there is a pregnancy and baby fair on in the rds in April if anyone was interested in going! I have my head melted looking at things already but trying to gold back until later on in the pregnancy so might use the fair as my bench Mark for purchasing!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

molly2018 wrote: »
    Hey! I just saw there is a pregnancy and baby fair on in the rds in April if anyone was interested in going! I have my head melted looking at things already but trying to gold back until later on in the pregnancy so might use the fair as my bench Mark for purchasing!

Amazing. What's involved in a pregnancy and baby fair??

Hope everyone is doing OK. I had a head cold and fever during the week in top of my nausea... Oh how I missed my neurofen cold and flu

Amazing. What's involved in a pregnancy and baby fair??

Hope everyone is doing OK. I had a head cold and fever during the week in top of my nausea... Oh how I missed my neurofen cold and flu

Hope you feel better soon hoochiemama! I was looking up last year's one and there seems to be kinda talks being given on different issues and then some exhibitors no doubt selling stuff!

It's pretty quiet in here lately :)

Hope everyone's well! I had a scan on Thursday at 9+3 and got a due date of August 20th :) Back on the 31st for my booking scan. Really starting to feel real now! Jusr can't wait to tell people :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

10 weeks today. got a due date of August 14th. Has not hit me yet that its actually happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eurozonelady

Hi ladies,

I'm 36, first pregnancy and 9 weeks pregnant today, CRL 19.5mm. I wanted to share my experience to date. No nausea and pregnancy going smoothly so far but with some scares.

On week 7+5 had sudden brief heavy bleeding more than a period with clots, small-medium sized. At the ER, the US showed healthy regular heartbeat and no abnormalities in the scan.. WHAT a relief that was.

Continued to spot since then and yesterday 8+6, had another scare. Basically gushing blood as if it were pee. Expelled a large livery-looking clot, I´d estimate was the size of 3 fingers. Again the ER easily found a strong rhythmic heartbeat and say baby continues to do well.

Neither bleed was accompanied with other symptoms like cramps. The first time I was actually lying in bed and the second just pottering about. ER don´t know the origin of the bleed as everything looks healthy and normal from the US.

It is nerve-racking though. On the one hand we want to daydream about the future and start planning but on the other hand it´s hard to, as it feels like the future of the pregnancy is so uncertain. We are hoping this works out, taking it as easy as possible, lots of bed rest and hoping for the best!

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

xxx

Oh Eurozonelady that sounds so frightening.
    Am so glad scans continue to look good!
    I had a miscarriage in June and had quite bad cramping as well as bleeding.
    A friend had similar to what you describe during her pregnancy and it turned out to be a cyst. She went on to have a healthy baby. Fingers crossed everything works out for you.

Hi everyone! I sometimes think this board will remain quiet until we all safely pass the 12 week Mark!
    Eurozonelady you have been through so much from so early on. I've no experience to advise you on but i hope the remainder of your pregnancy is uneventful.

Hi Baby19 and Molly2018

Thanks for your kind words and I'm sorry to read about both your previous experiences of loss, that's so tough to go through.

Haha yes I hope it really is uneventful too!! It feels like half the village has had a look at my vagina so far this year, everybody but my husband! ; )

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Just popping into say, yes I have had the bleeding on all three pregnancies on the 6/7 week mark, and the end result was three healthy pregnancies-I am currently listening to a row between my two and four year olds, with a bruiser of an eight month old in the background.Nobody ever established the source of it, it seemed to just be something my body did at that mark in the pregnancy.There was never cramping with it.Now it tended to start brown, and was always a bit clotty (TMI) or tissuey.Once they did an internal exam it came out more and then eased off again.On the first it came continuously from 6 to 12 weeks, on the second a couple of times only in that time frame and on the third, similar to the second, except there was an actual bleed around 13 weeks, after I over did it completely one day.That took about four days to clear, and was gushing red blood. 28 weeks later, a 10lb baby appeared.

Take it very easy, no lifting, hoovering carrying bags or clothes baskets and the like and fingers crossed all will be good.They also advised no sex ;-)

Eurozonelady could be a Chorionic hematoma

So frightening but usually harmless I think https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chorionic_hematoma

Thanks for your shares Shesty and Ziggy23. Happy to hear you had great outcomes! I think you guessed right Ziggy23.

Went into the ER again today with the same issue and this time they could see a med. sized subchorionic hematoma on the US. At this stage for us it's a waiting game. Whatever the outcome, whenever all of this stops it will be a relief.

I wish all of you the best of luck and enjoyable pregnancies : )

Thanks for your shares Shesty and Ziggy23. Happy to hear you had great outcomes! I think you guessed right Ziggy23.

Went into the ER again today with the same issue and this time they could see a med. sized subchorionic hematoma on the US. At this stage for us it's a waiting game. Whatever the outcome, whenever all of this stops it will be a relief.

I wish all of you the best of luck and enjoyable pregnancies : )

Eurozonelady I haven't had a hematoma myself but have heard of loads that had and everything turned out fine for them. Keeping my fingers crossed for you

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

At least they could pinpoint the issue, so fingers crossed for you.I know they identified a small potential one on my first but they weren't all that sure and it was never mentioned in early scans on the other two.You are not too far from twelve weeks so here's hoping it all goes well for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Hello all,

My lovely wife had her 12-week scan on Thursday and all looks good. Heading to Holles St on Tuesday for the first holiday visit.

This is our first. :D

Had my booking scan today :) Measuring at 11+2. Not sure whether to tell people yet or to wait another week. I asked my Dr and she said I'm fine to tell people if I want to... I suppose it's the fact that I'm not exactly 12 weeks yet that's making me indecisive. Decisions, decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sarah1916

I would start telling people if I was you - if you have had your scan and everything is ok the risk is now extremely low. I told people before the 12 week mark for the exact same reason. The 12 week mark is just a guide - a few days here or there wont make much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭sibersha

Dad to be here, hope that's allowed :). This is our first and we were scheduled to have booking appointment and scan today but was cancelled due to the nurses strike. Mom is 14+2. Thankfully we had a private scan a few weeks back.

Concerned that (with exception of booking private scans ourselves) there have been no checks/tests from doctor/hospital so far. Looks like it could be at 15/16 weeks or so before we get into hospital for appointment.

sibersha wrote: »
    Dad to be here, hope that's allowed :). This is our first and we were scheduled to have booking appointment and scan today but was cancelled due to the nurses strike. Mom is 14+2. Thankfully we had a private scan a few weeks back.

Concerned that (with exception of booking private scans ourselves) there have been no checks/tests from doctor/hospital so far. Looks like it could be at 15/16 weeks or so before we get into hospital for appointment.

Hey sibershe! Welcome! First time mum currently 13 +4. I think each maternity hospital differs slightly and I think it's population too because I know some people are waiting ages for their first scan they are like yerselves over 14 weeks while others are in at 12 weeks on the dot. Yer private scan should be reassuring and if she has any kinda symptoms she should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Congratulations everyone. We have our scan Friday. It was meant to be tomorrow but it will be a good way to start the weekend to see the baby and hear the heart beat.

I can't wait . Second baby and just as excited. Having kids is mental in a good way. :)

That's ok sibersha.I believe Holles st tend to be around 17 weeks for first apptmt, I know Rotunda is usually 12-14 weeks, it is dependent on the hospital.
    I know it sounds a bit cold, but there is really very little they can do at that stage anyway, except book you in and do a check. It's in the third trimester that the visits get very frequent.You have the private scan to reassure you at least, and once your wife is feeling ok (bar the nausea of course!!) things should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

shesty wrote: »
    That's ok sibersha.I believe Holles st tend to be around 17 weeks for first apptmt, I know Rotunda is usually 12-14 weeks, it is dependent on the hospital.
    I know it sounds a bit cold, but there is really very little they can do at that stage anyway, except book you in and do a check. It's in the third trimester that the visits get very frequent.You have the private scan to reassure you at least, and once your wife is feeling ok (bar the nausea of course!!) things should be ok.

We got a scan in Holles Street on the 13 weeks.

Hope everyone is keeping well!
    Just past the 12 week mark now :)
    Little one was so active at our scan last week!
    Have just got a letter for an appointment in the anaesthetic clinic in a few weeks time. Not sure what to expect but I suppose it's good they're on the ball and organising any necessary appointments for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

red_bairn wrote: »
    We got a scan in Holles Street on the 13 weeks.

HS see people 12-14 weeks alright. If anyone is waiting until 17 weeks I’d be getting in touch as an appointment has gone missing!

Advertisement