Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sneactha

Hi all and congrats. I'm new to this so it's great to hear how other are doing. I'm just gone 12weeks but having first scan this week. Good luck to all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 molly2018

Sneactha wrote: »
    Hi all and congrats. I'm new to this so it's great to hear how other are doing. I'm just gone 12weeks but having first scan this week. Good luck to all :)

Congrats sneactha and hope all goes well!

Just curious, did everyone have to pay for initial visit to gp? I thought that all visits, including the initial one was covered under the maternity care scheme..

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

My appointment was covered. I was 7 weeks when I went in. My flu vaccination was also covered but I had to pay the nurse for administering it.

My first visit was covered . I don't understand why they would charge you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

I've heard of some doctors charging for the initial visit alright. Make sure you hound him with extra visits :)

Ya I've read some where that some docs charge for the first and others don't, but they are not supposed to.

The HSE have come back to me and said to me that they cannot charge once the form is completed. I just feel it to he a little dishonest of my GP since I asked him on my initial visit if the cost was the visit was covered with the combined scheme and he said no, it would be from the next one. It was in the second visit that he got me to sign the form for the combined care. It just means he claims from the initial visit even though I have paid him for it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Baby19

Hope everyone's well! Currently 15+3. Had a scan today and can't get over how much little one has grown!! Have been off sick this week. Awful sinus pain and migraine, ended up vomiting with the pain :( Nausea has finally started to ease, a little bit! Starting to feel more real as the weeks go on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

Baby19 wrote: »
    Hope everyone's well! Currently 15+3. Had a scan today and can't get over how much little one has grown!! Have been off sick this week. Awful sinus pain and migraine, ended up vomiting with the pain :( Nausea has finally started to ease, a little bit! Starting to feel more real as the weeks go on!!

Aww no. Hopefully thats the end of it for you! Had a mini scan today too with the consultant and baby is happy out in there at 16 weeks. Big scan this time next month!

oopsies wrote: »
    Aww no. Hopefully thats the end of it for you! Had a mini scan today too with the consultant and baby is happy out in there at 16 weeks. Big scan this time next month!

Awh glad your scan went well today! We've our big scan on April 4th :) Anyone else starting to show a bit? My upper stomach feels so bloated and quite hard!

• Advertisement

Awh glad your scan went well today! We've our big scan on April 4th :) Anyone else starting to show a bit? My upper stomach feels so bloated and quite hard!

Bloated all the time and my Jean's starting to get tight for sure! 17 weeks just gone. Has anyone started looking at buggies? First time mother here and my head is melted!

molly2018 wrote: »
    Bloated all the time and my Jean's starting to get tight for sure! 17 weeks just gone. Has anyone started looking at buggies? First time mother here and my head is melted!

Also a first time mammy and finding myself looking at people's prams as I walk by them!! Ideally, I want a travel system that is lightweight. Friends have recommend the I candy peach. Don't think I'll know until we go looking. I have quite a small car so need something that will fit well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Is it strange that my wife has felt none of that throughout her pregnancy so far? Currently on week 18 and we are going for a gender scan this Saturday.

red_bairn wrote: »
    Is it strange that my wife has felt none of that throughout her pregnancy so far? Currently on week 18 and we are going for a gender scan this Saturday.

Oh not at all, she's just very lucky :D Best of luck with the gender scan. We're tempted to find out but I think we'll keep it a surprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

red_bairn wrote: »

Pregnancy is different for everyone. My sister had a lovely pregnancy with her son but it was tougher with her daughter. I had symptoms with my little girl too so we have a theory that we struggle more when we are carrying girls. We know its not scienfitic - just a little fun. This pregnancy for me is very similar to my first so I think I’m having a another girl. I can’t wait I to find out.

Hope today goes well - based on me and my sisters theory I’m predicting a boy for you :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

So funny, coz my girls were mild enough but my boy.....ugh.I knew from about four weeks that it was different and by 12 weeks I was 99.9% sure it was a boy!!!!He made me so sick!

Hey everyone! All symptoms change for every person I find. Currently 18 weeks and looking forward to the 20 week scan, I think we will find out gender but going to keep it to ourselves. Re the buggies, the I candy looks great but a bit out of league price wise! We need one that's all terrain.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

molly2018 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! All symptoms change for every person I find. Currently 18 weeks and looking forward to the 20 week scan, I think we will find out gender but going to keep it to ourselves. Re the buggies, the I candy looks great but a bit out of league price wise! We need one that's all terrain.

I got this buggy. What a bargain. Great reviews online and from friends and look at all the extras that come with it. Its multi terrain as well.

The delivery to Ireland was 50 quid.

https://www.online4baby.com/joie-cosatto-ooba-everything-you-need-travel-system-bundle-hygge-houses

starface wrote: »
    Pregnancy is different for everyone. My sister had a lovely pregnancy with her son but it was tougher with her daughter. I had symptoms with my little girl too so we have a theory that we struggle more when we are carrying girls. We know its not scienfitic - just a little fun. This pregnancy for me is very similar to my first so I think I’m having a another girl. I can’t wait I to find out.

Hope today goes well - based on me and my sisters theory I’m predicting a boy for you :)

It's a girl! =)

She was very active when we were doing the scan...

...playing with the umbilical cord, moving around the other to give us a full 360 degrees, and moving legs and arms a lot.

We were just worried when the doc was looking out during the brain bit. She was silent for (what felt like years) but eventually said "yes it looks good, you have a healthy baby".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Congrats! Ive been meaning post. Originally from the sept group but dates moved forward and section now booked for august 22nd.
    I am 15+5 weeks on my 3rd. Hoping to find out gender when we can. Already have one of each.

• Advertisement

javagal wrote: »
    Congrats! Ive been meaning post. Originally from the sept group but dates moved forward and section now booked for august 22nd.
    I am 15+5 weeks on my 3rd. Hoping to find out gender when we can. Already have one of each.

A really our latest scan said 31st July so I should technically say hi to the July folk now. =)

What multivitamins are you using? I've been talking pregnacare but feel so nauseous/heaving after taking them. Tried talking them at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Have not had any morning sickness, only nausea from the tablets. 😔 Took a break for a couple of weeks and no nausea at all, but felt so guilty so back taking them and nausea has returned. Any other recommendations?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eurozonelady

Hi ladies thankfully my sub amniotic hematoma has cleared up and our little boy looks great, with legs measuring a week ahead. I'm officially off pelvic rest and can slowly resume normal activities. Have to say it was a torturous 10 weeks with a total of 5 heavy bleeds and clots but now everything is hunky dory. Took a while for my brain to accept that and let go of the anxiety! We have a name agreed and next week I'll hit the 20 week mark and have the 2 tri scan. Docs say all looks great! Woo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 manufangirl

Sneactha wrote: »
    What multivitamins are you using? I've been talking pregnacare but feel so nauseous/heaving after taking them. Tried talking them at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Have not had any morning sickness, only nausea from the tablets. �� Took a break for a couple of weeks and no nausea at all, but felt so guilty so back taking them and nausea has returned. Any other recommendations?
    Thanks!

i couldnt take the pregnacare either they were making me really ill. ive been taking the boots own brand pregnancy vitamins, they arent as harsh on the tum, i take zenflore probiotic as well which also has some vit b & folic acid in it, and mor-dha fish oils.

Had my 20 week scan today and all looked good :) Nausea has pretty much gone but it's been replaced with indigestion. Oh well!! Back in 4 weeks for a routine check up.

Hey all! Anybody feeling any movement yet ? I'm 22 weeks and feel like somebody is pushing from the inside out! It's all sorts of weird!

Will be 21 weeks on Monday and have felt small movements the past week on and off. Strongest since yesterday. Feels like a fish in my tummy...so weird!

Went for a look at travel systems today. Pretty overwhelming!! Thinking we'll go with the Uppababy Vista. My husband is fairly easy going and will usually just go along with whatever but he really liked the Vista so I'm taking it as a sign!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sarah1916

Baby19 we put a deposit on the Uppababy Vista yesterday at the wedding fair. I have heard from a few of my friends who have 2/3 kids that they have found it great and one friend mentioned it is still in perfect condition 6 years later so it was a no brainer for me. Found a good deal with Bellababy at the fair.

Yes I am feeling kicks now for the last 2/3 weeks and I am 22 weeks now. Before that the movements were like something flickering in there but now the kicks are proper kicks and so great to feel. My husband even got to feel a kick from the outside last week which was great.

• Advertisement

Put our deposit down today on the Uppababy Vista with Bella Baby :D We actually went to their Dundrum store yesterday to see it and get a demo but unfortunately there was only one sales assistant on and she couldn't do demos. I emailed to see if they would honour the discount they had on if we went back over this weekend to look at it and purchase it and they said they would. They really were great to deal with! If we change our mind the deposit can be used for something else :)
    Have ordered it in the Jordan colour and decided to upgrade to the pebble plus car seat.

Advertisement