Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sarah1916

That is great that they honoured the discount for you. They must have had all of their staff at the pregnancy fair hence why there was not much help in store yesterday.
    We went with the William and the Be Safe Car seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Baby19

Yeah they were very good! The other assistant had actually gone home sick the poor thing! Shop was busy so I can understand why she couldn't do demos.
    Oh lovely! That colour's really nice!:) So hard to know about car seats etc. Hoping I've picked the right one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 molly2018

Great to hear about all the movement. Had our big scan today and all went great so another milestone ticked. We have got the nuna demi grow which is the competition for the uppa baby vista we were told. Same kinda price and pretty much the same specifications! I think I put more thought into the buggy than I did buying my own car 😂😂

How is everyone doing?

I was wondering what peoples thoughts on weight gain during pregnancy are?

I am normally a very normal weight for my height (normal BMI etc.).

I am currently 23 weeks and have only put on about half a stone - and I noticed when weighing myself yesterday that I think I might have actually lost a pound or two over the last 2 weeks. Is this normal or something I should worry about?

I am still very neat and could easily 'hide' my pregnancy belly but it is definitely getting bigger.

Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

I usuually put on loads of weight but not until the 3rd trimester. Ive put on about 7lbs too but mostly thighs and boobs. Bellys still quite small but I feel her moving much further up now.
    I was a size 14 before hand.

• Advertisement

OK thanks Javagal, good to hear you are in the same boat as me.
    Maybe I will 'Blossom' in the third trimester as well.

My baby is still very low I think (first baby so not really sure how it is meant to be be) but it feels really low down.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭silverwatch

Hi all

I had my 20 week scan last week and it picked up an Echogenic Bowel. I’m awaiting results of CF carrier tests. Has anyone else been in this situation? Even on previous pregnancies? The baby will be loved beyond measure regardless, I’m just wondering what the outcome was for others?

Sarah 1916, I've lost some weight on pregnancy too but putting it back on now week 23-24. At last appt, consultant that as quite normal. I feel like over the weekend I've went from looking plump to pregnant!

Silver watch- sorry I dont know anything about what you are going through but I hope all is well and you get support

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Holles St has stated that the due date is now 2nd August which means I'll me floating between this thread and July. My wife and baby are still fighting fit.

"The doc was delighted with everything. The little one presented strong big legs. That's why i feel her kicks so well. She'll be a runner."

red_bairn wrote: »
    Holles St has stated that the due date is now 2nd August which means I'll me floating between this thread and July. My wife and baby are still fighting fit.

"The doc was delighted with everything. The little one presented strong big legs. That's why i feel her kicks so well. She'll be a runner."

Isn't that lovely to hear red bairn!
    We had a 24 week scan today and baby had it's back to us for alot of it but loads of movement which was great to see !

• Advertisement

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing ? 27 weeks tomorrow and starting to feel it all now, extra pressure in front causing some back pain and I've definitely slowed down when walking and moving about in general!

All good here! Will be 26 weeks on Monday :)
    Indigestion is awful and SPD is rearing it's ugly head unfortunately. Feeling plenty of movement though and getting more used to it. So far have a few things bought so next one is where they'll sleep. We're considering going for a cot and using the sleepyhead or cocoonababy in it. Decisions decisions!!

26 and 4 here and feeling great thank God. Little bit of pressure down there but nothing that stops me doing anything. Other than that I feel good. Hoping the next 14 weeks fly In but also planning to enjoy the last 14 weeks just the 2 of us.

Great to hear ye both doing well
    I cang comment on the sleep arrangement as we've gone for a crib that I was gifted, just need to get new mattress.
    I've a list made of things to buy and I feel it gets longer each week!

I agree it will be a big change to go from two to three but also super exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Yeah, we've got a pram, clothes and some other items in the house left by my sister. We will get more items in June/July but we have a rough idea what we need and even budgeting what we need each month for baby costs. ^^

25 weeks tomorrow here. As its baby no. 3 I already have lots of braxton hicks. This morning i seen the outline of a foot my tummy was so hard!

We have buggy got, went for the city jogger mini as had a big buggy for my 1st and said never again! Got the co sleeper, car seat and base, Mam bottles, she still needs clothes and something to but them in!
    Have a scan on Tues and then GTT test on weds. Could literally rather flee the country 😂

I have the GDT this week - has anyone had it before and is it really awful or is it ok?

I find them hard sarah because you cant drink water from the night before and i get very light headed by the second blood draw. Last time i nearly passed out so this time ive been told to lie down for it.

But.. i am dramatic 😂

Haha Javagal. Nothing wrong with being dramatic ;)

I had it this morning and it wasn't too bad. I donate blood regularly so maybe that helped. Its all over with now anyway so hopefully I don't get a phone call and I am all clear.

Yea I had the glucose test also wasnt too bad it was more the waiting around. I've started counting down and its 10 weeks until I get to go on maternity leave! Stocked up on maternity pads yesterday 🀣🀣 another item ticked!

• Advertisement

We bought a chest of drawers for her bits and bobs to go in today. It has 3 babygrows in it 😊

27 weeks tomorrow. Had a scan yesterday. All good. She is starting to measure slightly ahead which is what happened with the other 2 monsters! Gtt was normal and section date booked for the 22nd eek!

28+2 here. Time is flying!!! There have been so many pregnancy announcements around me lately so plenty of friends for the little one!! Feeling good lately just tired. Have only 4 weeks left in work which is nice! Have my GTT on Friday. Dreading it but fingers crossed I don't get the dreaded phonecall!

Right ladies, need advice.... had my GTT on Friday and got a phonecall to say my fasting blood was slightly elevated and the two after the drink were fine. They are going to treat it as GD but my consultant has said I could do the test again if I wanted to as, to be honest, I ate absolute rubbish the day before the test so I'm not sure if that affected it. Any advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

Baby19 wrote: »
    Right ladies, need advice.... had my GTT on Friday and got a phonecall to say my fasting blood was slightly elevated and the two after the drink were fine. They are going to treat it as GD but my consultant has said I could do the test again if I wanted to as, to be honest, I ate absolute rubbish the day before the test so I'm not sure if that affected it. Any advice??

Would it be safest for your baby to assume you did have it and just stick to the diet?? Just seeing on the side of caution but for the next few weeks it should be too hard

That's actually a really good point. Without going into too much detail, I'm being put under a bit if pressure about needing time off for appointments and I think I'm stupidly letting that influence me. It's just tough as I don't want to have to take time off etc but I have to put me and baby first.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

Baby19 wrote: »
    That's actually a really good point. Without going into too much detail, I'm being put under a bit if pressure about needing time off for appointments and I think I'm stupidly letting that influence me. It's just tough as I don't want to have to take time off etc but I have to put me and baby first.

Exactly, it’s only a few weeks and your health and your baby’s health are the most important things

Has anyone ready any good hypnobirthing books that they recommend?

Baby19, id repeat the test if it were me, it means a lot more appoitments if its an Issue with work

• Advertisement

Awh, so hard to know what to do. See, I'm entitled to the days but it's nit going down well that I've had about 7 appts since January. I also have other health issues which need to be monitored. I think I'll ring the midwives on Tuesday and ask their advice. Such a catch 22 though cause I'll need another day to attend that appointment if I decideto retest. It shouldn't be this stressful :(

Advertisement