Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Baby19

javagal wrote: »
    Hugs eurozonelady,
    Im 30+4, very active little lady. I cannot begin to explain how bad my heartburn is. Its def more acid reflux so gonna see what the gp can give me

I was prescribed Ranitidine for my heartburn/reflux and found it very good! Hope you're feeling better soon. Mine flares up particularly after chocolate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Yeah i suspected its chocolate. Which is the only fecking thing i want to eat!

javagal wrote: »
    Yeah i suspected its chocolate. Which is the only fecking thing i want to eat!

Oh it's so frustrating isn't it! I also find water makes it flare up at times...very annoying! I'm keeping Rennie in business :D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sarah1916

Eurozone - I hope all will be ok! At least the Doc is on top of it all, best to plan for a c section. From
    What I hear a planned c section is very straight forward and not that bad at all compared to an emergency c section.
    33 weeks here and still feeling really good thankfully. Just getting impatient now, roll on August!!

Gp refused to prescribe me anything for the heartburn. Will just go to the consultant next week and ask him..

Doc was like "oh wow what an active baby, she keeps kicking the doppler"
    "Yeah she knows you wont give me heartburn meds"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Hi August Ladies!

I know a few people were asking about hypnobirthing awhile back. Well I got an email today and the digital pack that I bought is on sale today for £18 but its only for today

Heres the link if anyone is interested: https://digitalpack.thepositivebirthcompany.co.uk/p/the-positive-birth-company-digital-pack/?product_id=517994&coupon_code=WOW18

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Hi August Ladies!

I know a few people were asking about hypnobirthing awhile back. Well I got an email today and the digital pack that I bought is on sale today for £18 but its only for today

Heres the link if anyone is interested: https://digitalpack.thepositivebirthcompany.co.uk/p/the-positive-birth-company-digital-pack/?product_id=517994&coupon_code=WOW18

Do u find it good I’m so tempted to order it today but I’d say i’ve Only a week or so left to read it

I found it great. Really good mp3 affirmations included, birth preference plan and someone demonstrating the breathing techniques. But then I bought it a few months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Can I ask here about Maternity benefit ? Did anyone apply for it for August and have you heard back from SW yet please ?

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Can I ask here about Maternity benefit ? Did anyone apply for it for August and have you heard back from SW yet please ?

I applied about 2 weeks ago. Got a text on June 18th to say they received my forms and they'd be in touch when they'd made a decision.

• Advertisement

Baby19 wrote: »
    I applied about 2 weeks ago. Got a text on June 18th to say they received my forms and they'd be in touch when they'd made a decision.

Thank you very much .

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sowdublin

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Yep, applied 3 weeks ago and got a letter yesterday for the grant. Was pretty straightforward imo.

Back in hosp for a check up again today. Baby starting to measure slightly over, as my trend usually goes. She is headdown. Not back till 30th which is 36 weeks. seems a Long gap!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

Feel like I’m one of the few people saying I hope the weather doesn’t get too hot!! But find the heat and swelling very tough. When are people thinking of finishing up on work?? With a toddler at home if I’m not working I feel work is a bit easier

Just to update- got a letter today confirming I will receive payment from the day my maternity leave starts so altogether took about 4 weeks from sending the forms in.

Just to update- got a letter today confirming I will receive payment from the day my maternity leave starts so altogether took about 4 weeks from sending the forms in.

Thank you .

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

Just looking at the July thread and the babies are starting to arrive!! EEEPP!!! The countdown is on! We're next!

I often hear people say they are given an estimate of their babies weight at about the 34 week mark. I am doing the combined care scheme so will not be in the hospital now until the baby arrives. Is the GP or the midwife in the Community about to estimate potential size of baby just by feeling it as I wont be in the hospital to have a proper scan.
    My GP does do an US everytime I am with him but he is only after getting the US machine so currently not very experienced in reading the scans.

Hi Sarah

Im the same, Im now in the care of my midwife and GP - no more hospital appointments.

Did you get a scan at 32 weeks? I did and they gave me a rough weight.

My midwife measures my bump now with a measuring tape (Old School!) and this gives her the fundal height which she then can tell the size of the baby compared to my weeks gone. So it tells her whether baby is average / small / big. You dont get a weight like you do in a scan but you get an idea.

Anyway, Ive been told a few times that the weight at a scan can be off by up to a pound over or under!

Hi Hoochiemama,

No, I have not had a proper scan since the anomaly at 21 weeks. That was in the Coombe. I have always been in the care of the midwife and GP and only in the Coombe for the 12 week and 21 week scan.

Hopefully at next midwife appointment (in 2 weeks) she can tell me how the baby is measuring. I am with the GP tomorrow and perhaps he might be able to tell me.

• Advertisement

33 weeks now and feeling it!! Had been pretty good up to now but feeling pretty bleugh these days. Hayfever is quite bad and hands and feet are swelling in the heat.
    Have a hen on Saturday... I hope I'll be okay! It's going to be fairly tame thankfully and mostly family. Just hope I have the energy for it!

My size is monitored pretty regularly as I have a history of big babies (2 10lbers)
    My gp told me on my last that it was a average 7.5lber going by feel and tape.
    Soon as the consultant seen me a week later, he said at least 9lb..so i dont trust size estimation unless its a scan.

How is everyone doing?
    I am still feeling really good but getting very impatient and just want the next few weeks to fly by so that we can meet our little bundle!
    Still need to pack the hospital bag so I plan to have that done by this weekend.
    Also hoping to pick up the travel system in the next week - just waiting for it to arrive to the shop. I think once I have done that I will be really ready for baby to come :)

34 weeks here. Unfortunately I'm very lethargic these days...have absolutely no energy. Finally went clothes shopping at the weekend and got a few nice bits and pieces as well as the essentials. Also ordered the cot bed even though we don't plan on using it until baby is 6 months!
    Going away next week for the night with a couple of my really good friends...hoping I'll have a bit more energy! We're doing afternoon tea and then a nice dinner so will be very chilled :)

That sounds like a lovely night away - hopefully you have the energy to enjoy it all now :)

Sarah1916 wrote: »
    That sounds like a lovely night away - hopefully you have the energy to enjoy it all now :)

I hope so!!:D Although, my sister just rang me, she's not pregnant, and said the heat's killing her too so at least I'm not alone :D Must get hubby to pick up some ice pops on the way home...loving super splits these days!

How is everyone feeling? Only 1 week to go until it is officially our baby month :)
    37+2 here and feeling good thank God! A few days left in work and then I am looking forward to hopefully a bit of rest on maternity leave before the baby arrives :)

Doing okay here! 36 weeks now :) The heat is a killer at the minute, especially at night! Sarah, I admire you so much for working up till now. I've been off since the end of June, I'm a teacher, and I honestly couldn't have worked another day!
    I've only got around to packing hospital bags the last couple of days...I don't even know if I'm packing the right things!! Sure if I forget something hubby can get it :)
    Have a hospital tour this week and a big delivery of baby stuff next week so it's getting much more real now!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

Ill be 37 weeks Friday and Christ this bump is getting heavy!!
    In work until next Friday (38weeks), also have an uncle down the country who is in a hospice so will be looking at a 3 hour drive for funerals etc within the next week according to his docs.

Im ridiculously unprepared for this baby! Id say I have about 4 babygros in total and havent bought one bib/muslin/cardigan etc.

Sitting in work here so might just do an order on the sly from my PC :D:D

PS: The heat is RIDICULOUS! My poor ankles and feet!

• Advertisement

Oh oopsies, that's tough going with work and your poor uncle. You must be exhausted :(

Littlewoods have some good offers on baby clothes and here's a code for 20% off if it's of any use....3LWSUMMER

I'm considering getting one of the electric rockers...anyone have any thoughts??

Advertisement