Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2019

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Sarah, are you having pains?I would certainly say ring your hospital.Or maybe go into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sarah1916

Thanks all I rang the Coombe and they said it’s more than likely just constipation - I still have the waves of pains/cramps coming!
    The midwife recommended a stool softener so hopefully this works ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

How is everyone now?
    4 days left here eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Baby19

2 days to my due date but nothing happening yet! Head is very far down and my scan on Thursday showed plenty of fluid etc so all good :) Back in on Thursday if nothing happens before then. Pretty sure I'll be offered a sweep... Has anyone any advice or thoughts on that for me?

I had one on my first and it didnt work and i had my waters broke at 12 days over..

Had one on my due date on my 2nd and only went 2 days over. They say if its gonna work, it will be within 48 hours.

• Advertisement

Think I'll see how I feel if I haven't gone myself by then. Not sure I would want one and have heard the success rate is very low. Although, would love to avoid induction, if possible.

Just realised you're having a section on Thursday Javagal, so exciting!! I hope everything goes really well for you!!

Thanks Baby! Prep mode is well and truly on. Cramping a lot today so hoping she stays put till thurs so hubby can finish my nesting lol!

Sweep is no more uncomfortable than being checked for dilation. Literally done in seconds. Can be a bit crampy afterwards

Awh I've poor hubby painting the baby's room and it's taken all weekend...feel terrible but I did clean the windows and make dinner!!

Obviously not ideal given the situation I'm in, but I'm not good at all with that kinda thing. Needles etc, no bother but smears and anything like that I find so, so uncomfortable! Oh well, I better get over that pretty quickly!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Are you feeling cramps or anything Baby19?I had sweeps on two of my three but on both I was experiencing mild period-type cramps/very mild contractions.They have mixed success rates alright.It took another 8 days for my second to arrive after the sweeo (although it really upped the intensity of the contractions) but my third cam the next morning...but then again the consultant did the sweep then told me I woukd go myself very shortly so who knows.You can always ask coukd you just have an internal exam done to check if anything is hapoening, and to wait for a sweep til your 41 week appointment?Sometimes that can move things along too.You have a voice too in all this though, don't forget that.

No cramping or anything yet. A fair bit of pressure in my pelvis,that's all really.
    Thanks a million for the stories of personal experience, it really helps.
    My consultant was actually away last week so it was a different Dr who only briefly mentioned it and we had a quick chat but I'll be seeing my consultant this week so will have a proper chat then :)
    I've actually been given a date for induction as I have a few medical conditions but I'd really like to avoid it if possible.
    On another nesting note, just took a notion to get onto the window cleaner....the outside of them is filthy! :P

• Advertisement

Best of luck Javagal!! Will be thinking of you today :)

Thanks baby19.
    Isobel(Izzy) arrived at 11.20am weighing 7.14lb

Awh huge congratulations and welcome to the world baby Izzy!

I had an appointment yesterday and consultant could feel the head and said she could even break the waters if it was needed so everything is ready! It's just a waiting game now :)
    Had the sweep and -TMI alert- have been having a 'show' since earlier today so we'll just wait and see. If nothing happens over the weekend I'm booked for induction early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

javagal wrote: »
    Thanks baby19.
    Isobel(Izzy) arrived at 11.20am weighing 7.14lb

Congratulations ! I had three of mine in August , they now have kids of their own
    Enjoy her , love her , cuddle her .

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eurozonelady

Congrats to the new mamas and little ones!!😀

My little fella was born last week 7 .3 pounds.

Baby, csec, hospital stay and recovery going fantastically- couldn't be happier!

Our little man arrived this morning! Absolutely wrecked but all went well thankfully :)

Congrats to you both!
    Is that all of the babies born now??

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Congrats to you both!
    Is that all of the babies born now??

I'm a week late :-( so frustrating!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sarah1916

Apologies for never reporting back. The constipation pains I had actually turned into full on contractions half hour after my last post here. I ended up labouring at home for 24 hours and heading into the Coombe then and had our little girl 12 hours later. Been a very busy but most amazing 2 weeks of my life :)

Did your baby arrive hoochie?

Izzy is 2 weeks old now and has already put on 1lb 2ozs. She seems to be on a us time zone though 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Did your baby arrive hoochie?

Izzy is 2 weeks old now and has already put on 1lb 2ozs. She seems to be on a us time zone though 🙄

Baby Fiadh arrived on the first of September. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Baby Fiadh arrived on the first of September. :)

Woot woot!

Advertisement