Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days of used ticket stubs being collected almost at an end?

Options
  • 05-12-2018 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭

I know I'm not the only one who does this but feel the end is near for this hobby. I've collected concert ticket stubs for 15+ years, hundreds of shows.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to avoid Ticketmaster but do so where possible, have a few gigs coming up and most I've had no choice but to use them. Have gigs coming up in January and none of the tickets had shown up...until today.

Enclosed in the envelope was paper crap tickets with a note (also paper crap) which read...
    TICKETMASTER

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

HELLO, THESE ARE OUR BRAND NEW PAPER TICKETS!

FOLD TEAR ENJOY

(Picture of a fold)(Picture of a bunch of tickets)(Picture of sign of the horns) :o

To ensure that you separate the tickets correctly please fold the tickets by the perforation and then tear as outlined in our diagram above - making sure you leave the ticket stub on!

You can then hand them out to your party on the day and work in exactly the same way as our older style tickets.

Make sure you keep your tickets safe & enjoy your event!

So they notified me I would not be getting what I thought I ordered when they made the delivery of the inferior alternative, sure it's clear my main aim and use is to get me through show doors but when it states on that note you can hand out to your party and work in exactly the same way as older tickets...no, for me I'd rarely have a "party" a chunk of my friends don't share the same taste in music, those older tickets were card more durable lucky enough to get a number signed by artists over the years unlikely that new sh1te cuts it for that, work in same way as older me bollocks.

Am I actually being over dramatic for a simple but possibly dying hobby? Ticket fees seem to be increasing the whole time while the service provided appears to be relaxing more,I wonder did some people lose their jobs because dozens of event goers print their tickets at home these days while the higher ups reap the rewards and this is with what appears to be times of ever increasing demand and prices in this industry...

...Least they could do is gimme a proper ticket stub. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I know I'm not the only one who does this but feel the end is near for this hobby. I've collected concert ticket stubs for 15+ years, hundreds of shows.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to avoid Ticketmaster but do so where possible, have a few gigs coming up and most I've had no choice but to use them. Have gigs coming up in January and none of the tickets had shown up...until today.

Enclosed in the envelope was paper crap tickets with a note (also paper crap) which read...

So they notified me I would not be getting what I thought I ordered when they made the delivery of the inferior alternative, sure it's clear my main aim and use is to get me through show doors but when it states on that note you can hand out to your party and work in exactly the same way as older tickets...no, for me I'd rarely have a "party" a chunk of my friends don't share the same taste in music, those older tickets were card more durable lucky enough to get a number signed by artists over the years unlikely that new sh1te cuts it for that, work in same way as older me bollocks.

Am I actually being over dramatic for a simple but possibly dying hobby? Ticket fees seem to be increasing the whole time while the service provided appears to be relaxing more,I wonder did some people lose their jobs because dozens of event goers print their tickets at home these days while the higher ups reap the rewards and this is with what appears to be times of ever increasing demand and prices in this industry...

You'd have to wonder why ticket companies even exist these days. You'd think promoters would be able to sell tickets for their own events

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I agree completely! I've been going to gigs for 17 years and just filled my first 100 stub book album. I have a couple of signed tickets from over the years: Frank Black etc...

I was at a gig in the UK a month or so ago but got these tickets posted out at the start of 2018 and they were these crappy supermarket tear out and keep quality paper ones you mention.

I mentioned this on the General Gig Questions Forum a few weeks ago but can you even get physical tickets from Ticketbastard online anymore?

I bought tickets for Deus in the last couple of weeks and the only way I could get actual tickets posted out was to get "gift wrapped" ones at an extra €5 charge. Seems like Ticketbastard are trying to gouge even more money out of us consumers by forcing us towards e-tickets/crappy tissue paper tickets. They really are a pack of *****! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Seems so. Unless you want to pay for "speedy dispatch with gift wrap" tickets.

The cúnts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Oh no ,so they have brought in those tissue paper tickets like they use in the UK ?
    They are a disgrace those tickets ,no excuse for penny pinching like that .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

This is a real shame..

Glad I’m not the only weirdo collecting stubs. I have every ticket bar one spanning back to my first festival, Fleadh Tramore 93..

Never knew a ticket stub book existed. Great idea.. I’ll be ordering one tonight..

Gutted to hear that we won’t get proper stubs any more..

Ticketmaster are incredibly greedy and this is a sh1t move.

• Advertisement

Rennaws wrote: »

The new order history gui on the website is terrible too .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Buying tickets from tm outlets looks like being the only way to get proper tickets now

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah got my Ozzy/Judas ticket this morning and they were these new **** paper tickets. There so delicate too. These TM fees are a real rip off

Disappointed as I have a **** ton of tickets stuck up around my bedroom and now I have to be extra careful now as these tickets are so easily ripped

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Would you mind posting a pic of the new tickets?

Love collecting the stubs, this makes me sad :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Peter File wrote: »
    Buying tickets from tm outlets looks like being the only way to get proper tickets now

I got some Hozier tickets today for the Olympia and they are the proper paper ones so maybe its just some venues they are using it for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I wonder if you pick box office collection do you still get the hard copy tickets? I like to keep them too and always choose the physical tickets when I can

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Got some this week. Hate them. Thin flimsy piece of paper. Doing it on the cheap now. I've saved all my tickets too, Shame you can't get collector tickets for all events.

I got mine posted the normal way, No gift wrap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Do you have a pic of these new tickets? I can hazard a guess at why they are doing it.

Mobile phones!!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

was thinking the exact same thing, bought sleaford mods ticket this morn, no option for ticket to be posted, except if it's "gift wrapped".
    take a photo of eticket, print out and put in scrap book might be the only option going forward...

Rennaws wrote: »
    This is a real shame..

Glad I’m not the only weirdo collecting stubs. I have every ticket bar one spanning back to my first festival, Fleadh Tramore 93..

Never knew a ticket stub book existed. Great idea.. I’ll be ordering one tonight..

Gutted to hear that we won’t get proper stubs any more..

For the record, this is the one I bought:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ardermu-Ticket-Stub-Organizer-Collection/dp/B07BFWRVWY/

Also wanted to repeat again what ***** Ticketmaster are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Hum of sentimental hoarders abound. Rooms and attics heaving with sad keepsakes. They create shows based on this kind of neurosis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

quaidox wrote: »
    was thinking the exact same thing, bought sleaford mods ticket this morn, no option for ticket to be posted, except if it's "gift wrapped".
    take a photo of eticket, print out and put in scrap book might be the only option going forward...

I was thinking more of the problems we have when 4-5 people turn up with all the tickets on the one phone. Messy getting in and worse if one goes to the jacks/bar. They cant get back into the section as their ticket is on the mates phone.

Its why we stopped scanning print at home tickets from phones in the Aviva.

A single print at home ticket with many barcodes would solve it to a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Well thats rubbish
    I love collecting tickets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Would you mind posting a pic of the new tickets?

Love collecting the stubs, this makes me sad :(

6slzSDQ.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

johnnykilo wrote: »
    For the record, this is the one I bought:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ardermu-Ticket-Stub-Organizer-Collection/dp/B07BFWRVWY/

Also wanted to repeat again what ***** Ticketmaster are!

That looks nice. I bought a ticket stub book a while back from Amazon but it was designed to hold U.S. tickets which tend to be much narrower than the type we're used to, so it was useless. I use photo albums but I think I might take a punt on this. Let us now how you get on with it.

Ticketb@stard really are a f*cking dreadful shower of sh!te

• Advertisement

Yeah, I have no complaints with it.

Takes all standard (TicketBastard, Tickets.ie etc..) tickets. There's 100 normal ticket size windows about 4 paper and plastic window slightly bigger ones at the back. I've just filled my first album this month, so probably order a new one in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Hum of sentimental hoarders abound. Rooms and attics heaving with sad keepsakes. They create shows based on this kind of neurosis.

And what of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Moved house recently after 7 years of living in Dublin, I'd built quite the collection of tickets stubs, some legendary musicians, some amazing small acts and some awful ****e. I love them all equally.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

I went to a gig in Germany there and they had a version of the new tickets but they had the tour art in the ticket which I liked. That might come in here now with these new paper tickets?

This is a book I use, perfect for holding tickets
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Just-Ticket-Stub-Organizer/dp/1441303502/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1544118572&sr=8-8&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ticket+holder&dpPl=1&dpID=51-rSV5H98L&ref=plSrch

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The only ones I care about are the glasto ones and they'll never move away from paper tickets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I don't get how people can go to hundreds of shows. It shows you how fussy I am with music, there are only about 10 bands I would pay to watch, I've even seen someone say they've been to over 1000.

I have tickets from Trivium, Lacuna Coil and I also have some confetti from an Evanescence concert 6 years ago, I didn't purposely keep the stuff but when I realised after a couple of years that I still had it I just decided to keep it.

I think they should sell programmes like at sport games, at least just a booklet with the recent band photo shoots In.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I don't get how people can go to hundreds of shows.

Because they like music, maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

I put mine in a plain black A2? picture frame and hung it in my downstairs loo 😂 One of my earliest gigs was Metallica in the Point Depot......ticket cost £22.50 !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

I don't get how people can go to hundreds of shows. It shows you how fussy I am with music, there are only about 10 bands I would pay to watch, I've even seen someone say they've been to over 1000.

I have tickets from Trivium, Lacuna Coil and I also have some confetti from an Evanescence concert 6 years ago, I didn't purposely keep the stuff but when I realised after a couple of years that I still had it I just decided to keep it.

I think they should sell programmes like at sport games, at least just a booklet with the recent band photo shoots In.

Even being fussy, I've seen these bands alone 61 times between them, iron maiden x30, Metallica x20 and U2 x11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

I use an old photo album for mine and bit at the back for negatives is ideal for wristbands.

Advertisement