Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days of used ticket stubs being collected almost at an end?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

I use an old photo album for mine and bit at the back for negatives is ideal for wristbands.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

6slzSDQ.jpg?1

If they did a print at home version of that it would solve many, many problems!

If you collect tickets, its another form of one. Could be worth a few bob if the idea does not catch on!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

looks to me that there is a perforated stub on these tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Larsso30 wrote: »
    looks to me that there is a perforated stub on these tickets?

There is. I guess the issue is that they're just basically printed onto paper rather than say the card that "normal" tickets are printed on. I'd say these new tickets are about 1/3 as thick as regular tickets and they look ****e!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

johnnykilo wrote: »
    There is. I guess the issue is that they're just basically printed onto paper rather than say the card that "normal" tickets are printed on. I'd say these new tickets are about 1/3 as thick as regular tickets and they look ****e!

Tbh, tickets haven't really been collector's items since they became generic ticketmaster ones.

This thread gave me the idea of maybe framing some of my old tickets, but really, hanging a load of ticketmaster tickets would look no better than framing a load of Tescos receipts..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I did a canvas print with a collage of stubs from some of my favorite gigs, a few years back.
    It turned out really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I arrived home to post
    TM have changed the envelopes too...
    For some reason TM sent me the same tickets twice too?!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

My tickets just arrived for the cure, my god the new tickets are a change from the old ones. Feel very papery

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭sacamano

As an aside, I bought some tickets recently for a gig next year and selected the e-ticket option as they are a gift and I wanted something to actually hand over. Is there any way of changing this for an “actual” ticket now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

sacamano wrote: »
    As an aside, I bought some tickets recently for a gig next year and selected the e-ticket option as they are a gift and I wanted something to actually hand over. Is there any way of changing this for an “actual” ticket now?

If you email ticketmaster they should be able to change it for you. I know they did it for me before. They probably won’t be posted out before Christmas though if it’s for a Christmas present

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭sacamano

Yeah it's getting a bit late now. Any idea if they can print from their ticket offices to speed up the process? I've asked them myself but chances of getting a reply are slim to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

You’re not the only one. I’ve also being keeping ticket stubbs from gigs. I was rightly pisssssed off when Noel Gallagher Malahide Castle ticket arrived. The cheapest A4 print out. They should reduce the fees if they are reducing the cost of reverting to paper over the harder card/paper tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Hi guys,

question on these ticket stub books: Are they using a material that does not dissolve ticket prints?

I was using a photo album for this. Works great with the "proper" tickets, however I've had issues with the cheaply printed ones.
    These appear to be some kind of thermo-paper prints (like a fax machine works). After a year or so in the photo album all printing on them had pretty much disappeared. There is some ingredients in these plastic pockets that dissolves them. Wondering if the stub hub books avoid this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

One more note: Proper ticket stubs have been recognized as having a market again in recent years, so they may have a come back.

In Germany you can get a proper ticket for pretty much any event again:
    https://www.google.de/search?q=eventim+fan+ticket&gl=de&hl=de&pws=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch

In Ireland TM was experimenting with this:
    https://blog.ticketmaster.ie/latest-news/collector-tickets-7711
    however, unfortunately this is hasn't been rolled out to all events. Fingers crossed it will!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was just about to buy a ticket this morning when I realised that the old ticket format isn't an option anymore unless you pay an extra fiver. What is the service charge on our tickets being used for? I'm sure if you choose the e-ticket, everything is fairly much automated.

And what if you don't have a smartphone? I love technology but I've never liked phones, and only got my first smartphone a few months ago (at the age of 45). And what if you lose or forget your phone on the day of the gig?

I've been to hundreds of gigs, and while I don't have all of the tickets (some not surviving mosh-pits), it's nice to have a look at them every now and then, bringing back nice fuzzy memories. The oldest ticket I have is from The Cure at the RDS in July 1989 (both gigs). It'd be a pity not to be able to do this anymore.
    Hum of sentimental hoarders abound. Rooms and attics heaving with sad keepsakes. They create shows based on this kind of neurosis.
    As opposed to the more modern practice of using your phone to record the gig and never watching the recording, and which will probably soon get deleted? At least the sentimental hoarders have enjoyed the gig, and have a tactile, visual reminder of a good experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Ah, good old Ticketmaster! Up to their cash saving tricks again!! Honestly, they are like the mafia of the entertainment industry!

I'd love to know where the +€6 service charge PER TICKET goes to? They can't be spending it on the web site as it's rubbish, and they can't be employing much staff! Now they are taking away the humble ticket stubs, which many gig goers (myself included) love to collect!

If they are saving money by getting rid of physical tickets (not just ones printed on everyday paper) then they should at the very LEAST be reducing their extortionate service charges. Sigh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Speaking of ticketmaster, does anyone know how to browse all music events these days? I can only browse about 6 weeks ahead and then in stops and brings me into "international events".

The only way I can seem to see gigs from that point is to choose a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Sheog wrote: »

If they are saving money by getting rid of physical tickets (not just ones printed on everyday paper) then they should at the very LEAST be reducing their extortionate service charges. Sigh!!

I'm afraid the service charges are going up due to the Vat increase by the govt and no doubt this will be rounded up in the coming months.

Still I guess Ticketmasters fees here are reasonable enough compared to what they charge in the Us where the service charge is a percentage of the ticket ,so the higher the ticket price the higher the fee .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Nal wrote: »
    Speaking of ticketmaster, does anyone know how to browse all music events these days? I can only browse about 6 weeks ahead and then in stops and brings me into "international events".

The only way I can seem to see gigs from that point is to choose a date.

I would like to know this as well but I suspect it’s not possible as TM are a shower of cnuts. I used a VPN to get on the Ticketmaster US site and it seems to be the same

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    I would like to know this as well but I suspect it’s not possible as TM are a shower of cnuts. I used a VPN to get on the Ticketmaster US site and it seems to be the same

So how are we supposed to know what gigs are on in March?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Emmm... the calendar? ;)

Wooderson wrote: »
    Emmm... the calendar? ;)

Its annoying though because eventually it goes to international artists again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Its annoying though because eventually it goes to international artists again.
    its TM. Straight up trash chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 formernyer

Check out Songkick. www.songkick.com

formernyer wrote: »
    Check out Songkick. www.songkick.com

Cheers yeah I use Songkick but it doesnt always have everything.

Can still use Ticketmaster but they've added needless admin now, having to reset the dates every calendar 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Cheers yeah I use Songkick but it doesnt always have everything.

Can still use Ticketmaster but they've added needless admin now, having to reset the dates every calendar 3 weeks.

I complained on twitter about this as I love to check comedy events and they're always announced 12 months (if not longer) out. Only way is to browse and then reselect the date where the browsing stops as you said.

It's absolutely stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

For the limited events returned issue the simplest fix is to use the Venue view. There doesn't appear to be a city/country view that I can find.

For example here is the 3 Arena:
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/3Arena-tickets-Dublin/venue/197033

You can usually find this by clicking any event in a particular venue and go into the venue info bit and click on the venue name. Or you could try google something like
    site:ticketmaster.ie venue whelans

I did a bit of research into why this is and I reckon at some point they made a decision for the events shown to Irish customers to include UK ones as well (makes some sense) but there wasn't a change made to the API to limit the events by country so we've to share what is output between ourselves and the UK which is a 1:9 ratio of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'm afraid the service charges are going up due to the Vat increase by the govt and no doubt this will be rounded up in the coming months.
    I see it now, 6.85 has become 7.15, fcuking scum.

I wonder how much they really get -since for years you were able to get some of the same tickets on outlets like tickets.ie for a mere fraction of that, free for box office collection. So obviously there is extra hidden charges if a much smaller operation, which must have far higher overheads per ticket sold, can survive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement