Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dino's chipper Terenure - open again!! Bargain? - great chips!

Options
  • 05-12-2018 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭

Dino's chipper Terenure Village is open again under new management.

Chips are fantastic (a bargain at any price!).

Fresh cod large portion only €6.

Great to see a local chipper again.

(no connection needless to say, just happy customer)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Is it still owned by Dino and Lisa? She had the Trattoria.

Used to love that place, was great after a feed of pints in Bradys!!

Lifetime ago now but was great food. Wish them well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Steve wrote: »
    Is it still owned by Dino and Lisa? She had the Trattoria.

Used to love that place, was great after a feed of pints in Bradys!!

Lifetime ago now but was great food. Wish them well!

Unfortunately Lisa passed away last year. And Dino is not working now. Its leased out by Dino's family afaik.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Unfortunately Lisa passed away last year. And Dino is not working now. Its leased out by Dino's family afaik.

Aw no, so sorry and sad to hear that. I always got on great with Lisa, she was a lovely lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭CPTM

Really missed this place after a night out. Delighted it's back! Must check out their fish and chips this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

Worked in both the Trattoria kitchen and the Chipper as a pup. In all my days since I have never tasted a pasta dish as nice as Dino used to cook. Also his pizza could rival any hiptser place open now. He would make the dough fresh, ball it all up and into the fridge. The pizza made the day the dough was mixed was the best I've ever had. Learned a lot about cooking there.

Used to get a Nastro Azzurro (Peroni) beer after work (over 18), that was before anyone heard of Peroni.

Had some laugh working there.

I believe Dino might have gone back to Italy to see out his days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Really sorry to hear this too. Lovely family and lovely food.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Kissy Lips wrote:
    I believe Dino might have gone back to Italy to see out his days.

Really? He was around until recently. The poor man is using a walker now he is terribly frail. Elena (the daughter) has been in the chipper again since it opened. Not sure if she's back full time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bargain alert?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

None left in Galway.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

That's so sad about Lisa, they were lovely people and the restaurant was amazing. I lived in Terenure for four years and have happy memories of bringing family and friends to eat there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Friends of the family. Elena is running it and the food has improved a lot. I was talking to Dino in Aldi yesterday he's in great spirits but very frail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Very sad to hear that about Lisa. I use to go there a lot when we lived in terenure and kimmage (about 8 years). Great chipper and we went to the Trattoria a few times as well. Bit of an institution!

3 generations of the family in there too was always nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from Bargain Alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I hated the chipper the few times I was there. Always found the family deeply unpleasant, and you got the feeling something was hugely wrong with their entire dynamic. Went in there one night after a feed of pints, and there was a man crying and being shouted at just behind the curtain between the kitchen and the living area. And they treated the foreign chaps who worked their appallingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

Really? He was around until recently. The poor man is using a walker now he is terribly frail. Elena (the daughter) has been in the chipper again since it opened. Not sure if she's back full time though.

Just whispers around Terenure, obviously wrong so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

In its final days the food was horrible and what someone else says about the dynamic was true.

Didn't it receive a closure order at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 21,203 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

In its final days the food was horrible and what someone else says about the dynamic was true.

Didn't it receive a closure order at some stage

Used to live in the area, it went downhill very fast and the atmosphere was bleak.

They've done a nice job have to say and food is excellent, I don't think there is any point in comparing the new outlet to experiences of years ago (though I found the family lovely) .
    Anyway, nice chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I went in earlier on the way home and got a cod and chips.

The batter on the cod was soggy which made it pretty much uneatable, in fact it was just horrible.

Although the chips were nice, I won’t be darkening their doorway again anytime soon.

McGrath5 wrote: »
    I went in earlier on the way home and got a cod and chips.

The batter on the cod was soggy which made it pretty much uneatable, in fact it was just horrible.

Although the chips were nice, I won’t be darkening their doorway again anytime soon.

I've got a few nice cod and chips but one soggy one too last week, I think the chips going over the fish doesn't really work, will look for chips in separate bag from now on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement