Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone locked to the now Defunct Meteor

Options
  • 05-12-2018 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

i got a phone (or maybe 2 if I can find it) that would have originally been locked to Meteor (PAYG) I want to try selling them , get a few pennies for Christmas but what will I be best to describe them as "Locked to Meteor" or "locked to eir mobile" ? - and if I do sell them i dont want to be upsetting people and I dont really want anyone coming back and saying "my sim dont work in this goddam phone, your a crook!" - so can i just confirm if a eir SIM card will indeed work properly (you know the messaging as well as taking calls and everything) and has someone physically got an old meteor phone and put a eir sim in it and its working perfectly with no issues?

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yes, eir will work.

Call them, they'll unlock old ones usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

ED E wrote: »
    Yes, eir will work.

Call them, they'll unlock old ones usually.

ah great thanks i didnt know that . be better to sell it unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Sometimes can also be very cheap to get unlock code on ebay but depends on phone but check with eir but they may want to charge for this.

Advertisement