Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Emer, Lusk

Options
  • 06-12-2018 5:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here live or have opinions on Dun Emer and Lusk. Thinking of moving to the area.

Just a few things I have in mind

Safety
    Crime
    Schools
    Etc

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I know two couples living there and it's a lovely friendly estate. They haven't got any children of school age so I don't know anything about schools, so I can't help you there. One couple has been there for almost 15 years and love it, and I've never heard them complain about safety or crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭GIMP

Thanks for your reply
    I know two couples living there and it's a lovely friendly estate. They haven't got any children of school age so I don't know anything about schools, so I can't help you there. One couple has been there for almost 15 years and love it, and I've never heard them complain about safety or crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Theres the new national schools (junior/senior) and educate together in Lusk, Corduff NS - a 4 classroom school nearby and a bus service to Gaelscoil Ros Eo which stops in Dun Emer

Theres a small amount of burglaries, people without alarms on their houses got robed, and a few unlocked cars got stuff stolen from them

I haven't heard anything safety wise to raise any concerns, Lots of people walk and jog through at night/dark evenings which I assume is a reasonable indicator.
    Other than that it's a 30 km speed limit

It has the only playground in the town, although it's small.

Thanks, is there any planned building around Dun Emer as its surrounded by fields?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yes, afaik they're going to be building houses on the opposite side of Minister's road at at the north end of Dun Emer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

GIMP wrote: »
    Thanks, is there any planned building around Dun Emer as its surrounded by fields?
    Check out the Local Area Development Plans & planning map on the Fingal Co Co website. Together they will show you current planning applications, & also what is planned for the area in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

....Theres a small amount of burglaries, people without alarms on their houses got robed....
    Going off topic so apologies but I can't understand why so many people refuse to get a house alarm. When they are burgled, they always close the stable door afterwards and get one. A few months ago there was 4 burglaries in the street where I live - the 4 houses which didn't have an alarm. It's a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Yes, afaik they're going to be building houses on the opposite side of Minister's road at at the north end of Dun Emer.

ABP refused planning here recently for 228 houses, they said it was too low a number....
    Theres land zoned in Chapel Farm, on the rough land diagonally opposite the centra also.

I think those 228 houses were off Ministers Rd near the GAA Club

Any more information on the Chapel Farm/Kilhedge Lane planning?
    ABP refused planning here recently for 228 houses, they said it was too low a number....
    Theres land zoned in Chapel Farm, on the rough land diagonally opposite the centra also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

I have been living in Dun Emer for the last 10 years

It's a great place to raise kids as its been very quiet and safe, have been very happy choosing Lusk

• Advertisement

Thanks for this, very reassuring. We will hopefully be moved in by February/March. Looking forward to living there.
    squawker wrote: »
    I have been living in Dun Emer for the last 10 years

It's a great place to raise kids as its been very quiet and safe, have been very happy choosing Lusk

Advertisement