Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB lodgement card abroad

Options
  • 06-12-2018 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi is it possible to lodge money into AIB abroad?

I'm in Dubai and there are lodgement machines in HSBC and was wondering would I be able to use a on AIB lodgement card there to add money to AIB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

meabhni wrote: »

I'm in Dubai and there are lodgement machines in HSBC and was wondering would I be able to use a on AIB lodgement card there to add money to AIB

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

meabhni wrote: »

Not in Dubai. You’ll need to, as a minimum, open an account locally and make an international bank transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

HonalD wrote: »
    Not in Dubai. You’ll need to, as a minimum, open an account locally and make an international bank transfer.

It's just not possible anywhere without a local account. The bank you walk into won't transfer money that way due to money laundering regulations.

Advertisement