Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys Small Claims Court - Address?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

E30i wrote: »
    Update

- Following the advide outlined here I sent a registered letter to the Santry address. This was delivered Friday.

Received a call from a UK number yesterday asking me for details of our issue, I outlined the problem, received a case reference number and a phone number.

They have asked us to arrange a local registered repair man to look at the machine, do a report and fix the issue. If the report states a manufacturing fault they will reimburse the cost of the report and the repair.

Asked for an e-mail outlining this but haven't received to date.

Progress and I will update again when machine repaired.

I would not engage in this, the onus is on the retailer to fix, not you. If the current fault happens to be fixed by your repair man Curry’s may refund your money but what happens if it goes belly up 3 months later, Curry’s could easily say they can’t be held responsible for a third party repair. In any case a verbal discussion is worthless.
    I’d proceed with SCC, I’ve brought 3 and they were easy and I never had to go to court with full refund every time.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement