Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead on arrival sports equipment

Options
  • 06-12-2018 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

I bought as fairly expensive piece of gym equipment ~ 800 euro from the UK for a black friday deal and it was delivered, the day of arrival I assembled (was fully assembled apart from the feet). However after using a couple of the features I noticed that the decline function wasn't working and was sticking leading to a burning electrical smell. I reported it as dead on arrival that same day.

After speaking with an agent I was advised I would get a replacement and the faulty one would be collected at the same time and I would be contacted by courier. Still nothing despite follow ups and assurances it would happen.

I have to organize getting someone to help me carry it down the stairs and then also bring the new one upstairs again (it weighs about 100 kilos) which is a pain as the courier is unable to do this. Since its so big I can't just leave it in the hallway so the logistics is a bit problematic especially as I have been left with no information... The original unit delivery consisted of a phone call at 8:30 in the morning to say it would be delivered in 15 minutes... No dispatch notification or tracking number.

I just want the bloody thing exchanged and want to use whatever pressure I can to get this to happen. Is it reasonable at this point to say I'm going to start charging storage fee for the faulty unit? Surely I'm not obliged to provide indefinite storage for something I'm rejecting as faulty especially given the size of the unit. It has electrical components so if I leave outside it will be destroyed...

The last email I received back from them after being told the day before I would definitely hear from them that day...

"We do apologies for the inconvenience produced.
    Unfortunately, due to the large volume of orders, the carriers were unable to contact you by now.
    However, I have contacted them and they said you will receive a call from them in the shortest time possible.

Thank you for your understanding! "

Any advice?

Advertisement