Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus Tablet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

kfrp wrote: »
    https://www.lenovo.com/ie/en/tablets/android-tablets/tab-4-series/Lenovo-TB-X704/p/ZA2M0012GB

Nice tablet, good Ram, expandable memory, resolution.

130 Euro off, so 169.99 now

Yeah, I got the 8 inch version yesterday - same spec instead of screen size; €20 cheaper. For a kid, so preferred the smaller size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Yeah, I got the 8 inch version yesterday - same spec instead of screen size; €20 cheaper. For a kid, so preferred the smaller size.

sounds exactly what I am looking for..mind me asking from where, same site?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭TheHulk

How would this compare with samsung:

https://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10.1-32gb-white.html

Would appreciate any advice as I'm not an expert in this area. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

sounds exactly what I am looking for..mind me asking from where, same site?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭tobdom

TheHulk wrote: »
    How would this compare with samsung:

https://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10.1-32gb-white.html

Would appreciate any advice as I'm not an expert in this area. Thanks

The Lenovo has 1GB extra RAM (memory), a faster processor and is lighter - and similar in a lot of other aspects.

On specs & price the Lenovo seems the better buy, but I don't have direct experience of either. Both are very reputable brands.

Personally I would go for the Lenovo and buy a 32 or 64GB SD card to put in it and expand the storage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭FDave

Out of stock now, thanks anyway OP

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chalky024

Bummer. Out of stock now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Just missed out by seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

not out of stock for me!?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ArrBee

What a farce.

I rang them and they said, actually there is 1 left!
    So I refreshed, and sure enough it said "low stock" and I went through the checkout...... only to be told "can't complete transaction as there is no stock"

Rang again and got someone else that wasnt helpful that didn't want to engage at all. Couldn't see any issue with having a system where someone can buy the items that you have in your basket...

grumble grumble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 coug01

Got one into the basket then was told out of stock ...on checkout WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bluedoor27

Its available in currys uk for £149.99 with a free speaker of some sort!
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lenovo-tab-4-plus-10-full-hd-tablet-with-tab-4-smart-assistant-voice-controlled-speaker-bundle-for-14999-currys-3129073
    Thanks to HDUK

Unfortunately they must be OOS too as my order has just been cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 23 coug01

Just got one ...back in stock........fingers crossed I do not get the cancellation mail !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭FDave

bluedoor27 wrote: »
    Its available in currys uk for £149.99 with a free speaker of some sort!
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lenovo-tab-4-plus-10-full-hd-tablet-with-tab-4-smart-assistant-voice-controlled-speaker-bundle-for-14999-currys-3129073
    Thanks to HDUK

Unfortunately they must be OOS too as my order has just been cancelled

Thanks, ordered one there, had to use paypal as it wouldnt let me enter my credit card details for some reason. Sent it to parcel hotel so hopefully it doesnt get cancelled.

FDave wrote: »
    Thanks, ordered one there, had to use paypal as it wouldnt let me enter my credit card details for some reason. Sent it to parcel hotel so hopefully it doesnt get cancelled.
    Yea I did all that too but still got cancellation email. Hopefully you have more luck 🤞👍

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

bought 2 from currys using addresspal and paypal

I used my revolut card so I wonder if that had something to do with it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

Lenovo are terrible to deal with. I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with their "customer service".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

I am so annoyed. Ordered and paid for it 5 days. Was expecting it to arrive yesterday or today and just got the cancellation email. Tried ringing customer service. No reason given. I ordered mine early after the post about it. How do they decide who isn't going to get it? Purposely didn't order two. Really disappointed as I wouldn't normally spend as much on a present but the purpose I bought it for has had a tough time lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Got mine yesterday

Very nice tablet

Delivered with UPS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Bought from Currys UK site using Address Pal and PayPal (wouldn't process it using Irish bank/Credit card). Notification today from Royal Mail that it has been delivered so presume its on the way with AP now.
    Thanks OP and to whoever posted about the Currys one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭tphase

ordered mine Thursday, got it Saturday via UPS
    Thanks OP
    I see it's now €199.99, so €100 off (but only in black)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Bought from Currys UK site using Address Pal and PayPal (wouldn't process it using Irish bank/Credit card). Notification today from Royal Mail that it has been delivered so presume its on the way with AP now.
    Thanks OP and to whoever posted about the Currys one!

Bet you don't feel stupid now :D

Mine is also en route using the same method.

Got a great deal with a ring pro, chime and echo spot for £149 recently using the same method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

This tablet is on sale (not the plus version) at DID for 139 including the free speaker, picked up yesterday, great value

https://www.did.ie/lenovo-tab-4-10-1-16gb-tablet-black-za2j0033gb-za2j0033gb-prd

469063.jpg

Correct image

site_owner wrote: »
    This tablet is on sale (not the plus version) at DID for 139 including the free speaker, picked up yesterday, great value

https://www.did.ie/lenovo-tab-4-10-1-16gb-tablet-black-za2j0033gb-za2j0033gb-prd

469063.jpg

They seem to seriously be struggling to move those speakers. Good value if you're after a speaker. If you're after only a tablet, there's much better value/specs to be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Basil3 wrote: »
    ...If you're after only a tablet, there's much better value/specs to be had.

Can you give an example

beauf wrote: »
    Can you give an example

The Fire 10 has been regularly selling for £99-109 the last month or so. Full HD and 32GB. The one linked isn't full HD, and is only 16GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭ilovetorun

The Fire 10 has been regularly selling for £99-109 the last month or so. Full HD and 32GB. The one linked isn't full HD, and is only 16GB.

I'm on the look out for a tablet, do you have a link for the fire 10 please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

ilovetorun wrote: »
    I'm on the look out for a tablet, do you have a link for the fire 10 please?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Fire-HD-10-Tablet-With-Alexa-Hands-Free-1080P-Full-HD-Display-32-GB/dp/B01J6RPH46

Would rather have an android device with direct access to the play store and avoid a device that has built in ads.

The fire is cheap for a reason.

I dont think theres a better spec android tablet in the price range. They are all about the same or compromise on something to get to this price, unless you get a lucky clearance deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I don't consider a Amazon OS the same product as a Android OS. But if it does what you want then fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I'm also on the lookout for a tablet after my iPad broke and I can't afford another one. Basically I want what would be the nearest in operating style to the apple.

I looked at that Lenovo yesterday in DID but thought the speaker would be a dust gatherer as I've a decent LG speaker.

I'm not very technical and am getting confused by them all.

I want to watch Netflix, surf Net and do my emails (gmail) and listen to music - Spotify. Want a touch screen.

is it true you can't use google on kindle fire, that would make it a no no?

beauf wrote: »
    I don't consider a Amazon OS the same product as a Android OS. But if it does what you want then fair enough.

I don't have one myself, but I bought someone one for Xmas. Spent less than 5 mins putting a few files on it so it has Google Play and can install apps like any Android tablet.

I bought this tablet in Argos for €140 (currently at €155). Full HD and 32GB. It comes down to whether you actually want/will use the speaker, or if it's just going to collect dust.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7545513/Trail/searchtext%3EBUSH+TABLET.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Is that speaker similar to an echo, says it has Alexa?

If its just comparing tablets I think the fire 10 is much better overall. Full play store and the adds can be added / removed quite easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

That last link in DiD has different and lower resolution.

Not as good for reading.

Kindle fire has less ram and lower grade processor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

anewme wrote: »
    is it true you can't use google on kindle fire, that would make it a no no?

No, it's not.

if you're after only a tablet, there's much better value/specs to be had.

So a no name tablet that is slightly higher spec but 10% more expensive (and no free speaker) or a restricted tablet that has to be hacked for basic functionality are the options?

site_owner wrote: »
    So a no name tablet that is slightly higher spec but 10% more expensive (and no free speaker) or a restricted tablet that has to be hacked for basic functionality are the options?

I'm just pointing out that when you take the tablet in isolation, it isn't great value. If you want the speaker, then it's great value. It's only my opinion, if you're happy with your purchase, then that's the main thing.

I'm just pointing out that when you take the tablet in isolation, it isn't great value. If you want the speaker, then it's great value. It's only my opinion, if you're happy with your purchase, then that's the main thing.

I can take or leave the speaker (might end up on ebay) i just haven't seen anything that makes me think the tablet isn't good value on its own. I know i can pay more for better spec.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dirtdrifter

Amazon had a 10" Huawei for £100 over the Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

It's never been below £129, without speaker on amazon.

Looks like a very good deal to me, for anyone looking for android tab.

Well for me it looks like the Lenovo plus for 199 or the Samsung for 179.00

Or the fire tablet as I use kindle reader but I don't want free ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

The Fire tablet sounds a great tablet for the price if you get it when its on sale. I dont own one but thinking of getting it, can anyone tell me what exactly is restricted with os on it?
    Apart from the adds which can be removed either by Amazon or yourself, it seems it can run everything a regular tablet can. Also I think you need to use a courier for delivery.

ForestFire wrote: »
    It's never been below £129, without speaker on amazon.

Looks like a very good deal to me, for anyone looking for android tab.

Which one are you talking about? The Huawei?

Which one are you talking about? The Huawei?

The lenova TAB 4, 10.1 without any free speaker. It has never been below £129, on price tracker (and I know it might miss the odd lighting deal, if it has ever had one, or unless you believe its €8 value was actually real)

DID have it for less than this, with a free speaker to the value of €50 at least.

I think the Lenovo without free speaker...is 129.99 in Argos. I don't know how to post photos. As i don't want speaker...is this an ok price?

I think the Lenovo without free speaker...is 129.99 in Argos. I don't know how to post photos. As i don't want speaker...is this an ok price?

If they have it at that price i think its good value, no guarantee i cab sell on the speaker or ever use it.

But its listed at 219 on their site so it might not be 129?

469086.jpg

It's a different model for 129 I believe.

The e10 is cheaper in currys, i think its more current, but has lower performance than the tab10.

It was £85 a few days ago on argos ebay so could be got even cheaper than 119 possibly

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/lenovo-tab-e10-tablet-32-gb-black-10185967-pdt.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement