Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus Tablet

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Thanks everyone - only for you posted I'd not have copped it was not the same.

Decided to buy the Samsung in Currys, but only had it in white, So left it.
    Then went to DID, they were not too positive about the Levono vs Samsung , but had no Samsung, so it's back to the drawing board.

The Levoro plus is currently 299 in Currys by the way and the Huwai mentioned here is 179.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

I think the only way to buy one and not go crazy is decide how much you want to spend and then buy the best one you can find at your price.

If you keep trying to go cheaper its a bottomless pit of "what am i compromising on" and if you are willing to go up, its always just "10eu more for a bit better" and before you know it you are looking at top of the range samsungs and iPads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

anewme wrote: »
    Then went to DID, they were not too positive about the Levono vs Samsung , but had no Samsung, so it's back to the drawing board.

I'd put Lenovo ahead of Samsung on my preference. Very little bloatware on their products.

As the other poster said, determine a budget and go for best spec available for it. Otherwise, if you have your eye on a specific item, wait through January to see if the price drops on PriceSpy. Normally new models come out around March so shops need to flog stock in the January sales.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

Bought a chromecast/google home mini bundle in currys for 59 pre christmas, thinking id gift the chromecast and keep google mini for myself.
    However, the person got a chromecast themselves christmas morning.
    A quick wrap of the (unopened) google mini later and off it was to new home!
    So left with the chromecast, i decided to ring hardly normal yesterday to say id bought it there before the 25th with cash, but had no receipt. He said hed exchange as lojg as was against something else. I then asked about a pricematch for the tablet, which he was happy to do.
    So i got the tablet, speaker and blagged a cover case off the sales fella for €100.99.. good days work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Picked up the lenova tab 4 with speaker today from DID. Will be setting up later tonight or tomorrow.

Just a word of caution. It was not advertised with the speaker in store, and when I asked about speaker, the sales guy said he wasn't sure if it came with it.

I made sure he new it was on the DID website with the speaker.

Not sure if this is deliberate, in this particular store, or a simple oversight, but my experience with electronics sales staff is not getting any better :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

ForestFire wrote: »
    Picked up the lenova tab 4 with speaker today from DID. Will be setting up later tonight or tomorrow.

Just a word of caution. It was not advertised with the speaker in store, and when I asked about speaker, the sales guy said he wasn't sure if it came with it.

I made sure he new it was on the DID website with the speaker.

Not sure if this is deliberate, in this particular store, or a simple oversight, but my experience with electronics sales staff is not getting any better :-)

I'd say it is more lack of knowledge.

The lad I spoke to in Lucan wasn't great. I knew more about tablets than him from just reading this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

I had tbe same problem with the online order, the speaker wasn't actually bundled in.

Shop had to redo the order for me

if anyone is looking for a tablet like the original one posted (tab 4) but with better all-round specs and quality for similar / bit more money the xiaomi mi pad 4 is worth a look

https://www.honorbuy.com/search?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=mi+pad+4&submit_search=Search

delivery here from europe in 3 days.

comes in about 215 euro delivered

https://www.honorbuy.com/1590-mi-pad-4-64gb-multi-languages-black.html?search_query=mi+pad+4&results=752

- better screen, cpu (good jump from 625 cpu to 660 - twice as fast in benchmarks), better battery life, better build, 64gb internal storage, 4g ram

excellent tablet

the 10 inch version (plus model) is about 50 more if you need that size but also includes the option to put in a sim card.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone who picked up the speaker bundle manage to get Spotify working with Alexa? It doesn't seem to be supported.

• Advertisement
Advertisement