Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for heater timer options

Options
  • 06-12-2018 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

So the basement flat I live in in Scotland only has electric wall heaters similar to these. On/off switch, and a temperature guage, no frills at all. I'd like to approach the landlady and ask her if she could install a couple of basic timers like this so we don't have to leave the heat on all night or wake up early to switch it on before getting up. The wiring is exposed, so it'd be a super quick and easy job for a sparky (I presume), and it's just gone below freezing here for the first time, and I don't like getting up to an icebox.

However, if I can, I'd like to get a basic upgrade to those switches, to a wifi enabled one that I can turn on when I'm on the way home from college. A basic one that just does on/off from the internet, or connects to Alexa/Google Home or something. Not looking for a whole house solution like an Ecobee.

What do ye think would be a good recommendation? I don't know what to look for online, and all I'm finding are smart plugs, but this is a hard wired heater, so will need to be connected directly to the cable.

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

WP

Advertisement