Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRFU- Supporters Club

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭PMC83

No joy for me! They must have seen my thread!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

No joy for me either.

When all is said and done about the rights and wrongs of the ballot, and everything else that's been discussed here...is there any way of getting an indication of how many tickets were made available this way, and how many Supporters Club members there are?

Basically, if there are 1,000 tickets for 2,000 members, that's one thing. But if there are 1,000 tickets for 10,000 members, that's another. Would have a big impact on whether or not I decide to renew my membership for another go in future ballots....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

No joy for me either- member since 2012!
    I’d imagine the amount of tickets is a 100 or so per match

Brother was also unsuccessful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭PMC83

Duffryman wrote: »
    No joy for me either.

When all is said and done about the rights and wrongs of the ballot, and everything else that's been discussed here...is there any way of getting an indication of how many tickets were made available this way, and how many Supporters Club members there are?

Basically, if there are 1,000 tickets for 2,000 members, that's one thing. But if there are 1,000 tickets for 10,000 members, that's another. Would have a big impact on whether or not I decide to renew my membership for another go in future ballots....

Don't see them ever releasing that info. People would often ask on the supporters forum as well but it was always ignored. I'd imagine they know full well that if people saw their actual changes of getting a ticket they wouldn't renew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Raisins wrote: »
    The IRFU have a very misleading figure in their books regarding how many tickets at each match are corporate. The IRFU have their own corporate tickets which they allocate and then the clubs set up a different layer of corporate tickets underneath. If it was defensible then the Union would be transparent about it. There's ordinary fans then paying touts more than the corporate value on viagogo and seatwave. The whole thing is a mess.

The IRFU are the biggest touts of all ,that is the sad truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

Did anyone have any joy?. I didn't.

Very annoyed to say the least. I raised some questions a while back as to the number of members in the supporters club and the number of tickets they were releasing to the members but never even got a proper reply, just some management speak bs to be honest. Its the least I would expect, especially from an organisation that is partially state funded through grants.

I fully get the comments some people are making around getting involved in a local club but in my case, the club is 40 minute drive away and I'm already involved in the local GAA with kids and there simply aren't enough hours in the day to do it all. What really bugs me is the amount of tickets on the corporate market place. My employer had so many for the all Blacks match they were struggling to get rid of them because clients were getting offered trips from multilple customers. All of those tickets were sourced through 3rd parties who got them from clubs

724 tickets available on Viagogo at the minute with the cheapest for the English match being €730 a ticket. Why aren't the IRFU shutting those down?

Reality is the IRFU don't give a damm about the average fan and when rugby goes into a slump like the FAI have (and it will happen, everything is sport is cyclical) then it will be interesting to see how many "genuine" fans are out there then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

No joy. That's a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Next to no tickets as seen on the other thread. Maybe 1 in 10 getting tickets from the looks of it. They've gutted the club without warning and after taking payment. Extremely bad form.

I fear this is what you do if you have next to no tickets but don't want to make it extremely obvious. If we all logged in at 10am to find no tickets, it would be clear. This way, you get a "sorry, you were unsuccessful" email and you're none the wiser that they've gutted the number of tickets available. Just think of the tiny number of Leinster Season Ticket holders who are successful in their ballot.

Complete crap from the IRFU - I'm tempted to ask for a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Duffryman wrote: »
    No joy for me either.

I There would be well more than 2000 members of club i imagine but supporters club will/should be down pecking order. It is chance and luck to get tickets but if you dont renew then what alternatives do you have.
    Try contact IRFU about allocation but no real obligation for them to reveal the allocation
    The IRFU are the biggest touts of all ,that is the sad truth.
    It isnt. Love to see how they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Anybody else not get any email yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

No joy here either, first time I didn't get tickets since I joined. Little point keeping it on, I'm in enough lotteries already.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

No joy either, in it over 10 years I reckon. Have always been lucky, but gutted not to even get a chance.

Don’t know that I’ll renew to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

PMC83 wrote: »
    No joy for me! They must have seen my thread!:D

No joy for me either they must have seen my posts. :D

Won't be renewing. While I only rejoined this year. It's the 10 year guys I feel sorry for.where is the loyalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Rocko

Unsuccessful
    It’s not the most transparent system
    Contact info
    http://supporters.irishrugby.ie/mobile/contact_us.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DaverageJoe

Anybody else not get any email yet?

I haven't gotten any email yet either. Don't know whether that's good or bad.

I haven't gotten any email yet either. Don't know whether that's good or bad.

That means you lost the membership ballot :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DaverageJoe

JMNolan wrote: »
    That means you lost the membership ballot :pac:

Do you know if I can pay a fee to get entered into a draw to win the chance at getting my membership back? I could really use that car air freshener !

The cheek of them trying to say we will offer you Italy and Wales tickets for the summer warm up games. They know italy won't sell out. I won't be giving them any more money.

irishgeo wrote: »
    The cheek of them trying to say we will offer you Italy and Wales tickets for the summer warm up games. They know italy won't sell out. I won't be giving them any more money.

Plus I imagine there are no autumn internationals next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

irishgeo wrote: »
    The cheek of them trying to say we will offer you Italy and Wales tickets for the summer warm up games.

There isn't even a concrete offer of tickets for those games.
    We hope to provide you with an opportunity to purchase tickets for those two games in the first half of 2019.

Is this ballot here to stay now ,will there be a ballot for next years six nations matches or even a ballot for the autumn internationals .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

JMNolan wrote: »
    Plus I imagine there are no autumn internationals next year?
    There are none. There is 2 world cup warm up games at home in August though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Got the Dear John e-mail. No joy, first time in ten years. Always locked and loaded at the laptop when sale date & time came around. Never a bother. Ah well never had any luck in lotteries.

Advertisement