Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas predictions

• 06-12-2018 5:17pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just for laughs, pick any one coin and predict its price in Dollars or Euros first thing Christmas morning. One guess per poster. Nearest (normalised difference in price) wins the title of Yuletide Mystic Meg. I'll start with 1ETH = €72.37

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Litecoin $21.25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Bitcoin = $2850

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rdsopix

I expect cryptos to slide another 15-20% until Christmas. So:

Dash = $59.97

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

BTC USD 2650

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

DAI = $1.00
    BTC USD 2650

This would be so funny. Please let it happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

$4250.

That’s assuming the bitmain figures aren’t as bad as rumoured, and the Tether show continues for another while.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭TallyRand

grindle wrote: »
    DAI = $1.00

This would be so funny. Please let it happen.

Why would that be funny? What coins do you fancy aside from the glut of sh1t coins? Eth your only tech / project you like?

This is why I can’t wrap my head around crypto, most of you here slag off bitcoin, is it good or bad in your eyes?

I’m only talking about here and now, not past intentions or original btc belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,985 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm gonna go wild and put ETH @$122 and BTC at @$3675

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

tube = .10

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

TallyRand wrote: »
    Why would that be funny?

I'm guessing the funny bit would be Paddy getting the win among a crowd of crypto fans given his mixed history of prediction. I'm with Grindle, Go Paddy!

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »

As with Highlander, there can be only one, so I'm taking your first answer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

BTC $1820

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,428 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

hottipper wrote: »
    BTC $1820

Can't argue with that, eventually.

With $10 billion a day market dips now a new normal, +Mueller report, +Huawei effect, +Brexit disarray, +equities jitters BTC will be at $1500, probably in W2 2019.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

XRP $0.15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

$BCCB BTC=$2300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭breadmond

BTC: $2950 US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭crushproof

BTC $2150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

ETH $200

Hard to say. The casual punters, the needy or greedy, are gone.

They won’t come back, so who’s left? The crypto community who mostly must be skint?

Only “lower the average price” that still have some money, the true crypto coin small buyers and then manipulators / pumpers who eventually will wipe out the other two types until it’s all been rinsed back to sub 1k levels

Long winded guess, $2700 Xmas day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

TallyRand wrote: »
    Hard to say. The casual punters, the needy or greedy, are gone.

They won’t come back, so who’s left? The crypto community who mostly must be skint?

Only “lower the average price” that still have some money, the true crypto coin small buyers and then manipulators / pumpers who eventually will wipe out the other two types until it’s all been rinsed back to sub 1k levels

Long winded guess, $2700 Xmas day

People will come back, some will be wiser, some will still be foolish and others will be new fish. It is human instinct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 NaiveMind5

Anyone see Fundstrat analyst Tom Lee double down on his prediction, $15,000 by EOY?

ETH $55 (If it breaks its current support its a vacuum to next support at 55)

NaiveMind5 wrote: »
    Anyone see Fundstrat analyst Tom Lee double down on his prediction, $15,000 by EOY?

ETH $55 (If it breaks its current support its a vacuum to next support at 55)

Tom Lee is a clueless shyster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Always the same crap. He was J.P. Morgan's Chief Equity Strategist for 7 years. If Lee had said it was going to zero, then ^^^ wouldnt have commented as he did.

I guess Weiss Ratings Agency and Jeremy Allaire are also shysters and 'clueless'.

"History will be unkind to those who bet against technology."
    Anthony Pompliano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

BTC $900

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,826 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ETH $121

unkel wrote: »
    ETH $121

Man, I can't believe this is a bullish prediction. At this stage I'm thinking $60 is bullish.

Up 10% today, two more days like today and we'd be right up there :D

Up 10% today, two more days like today and we'd be right up there :D

Yep XRP $589 ...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Truckermal wrote: »
    Yep XRP $589 ...:p

I was waiting to see who'd post that first.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

ETH $121

Could be on the money !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Could be on the money !

Now at 143 ... need a flash crash!

Bob24 wrote: »
    Now at 143 ... need a flash crash!

Well, JohnnyFlash is well ahead of the field as things stand (BTC 4250 predicted, currently 4118 on CoinMarketCap, made the prediction when BTC was ~3600). That said, it ain't over until the fat lady sings. Supping a beer as I type and won't be anywhere near boards tomorrow but will bet interested in the result and will post a final leader board as soon as I've has too much Christmas excess. Nollaig Shona one and all and cheers for taking part!

smacl wrote: »
    Well, JohnnyFlash is well ahead of the field as things stand (BTC 4250 predicted, currently 4118 on CoinMarketCap, made the prediction when BTC was ~3600). That said, it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

Hold your horses. JohnnyFlash didn't win. My own prediction of ETH when it was really low went against the grain firstly shocking people but then finding support. And it came more than true. That said, the only winner in this contest is banie01:
    banie01 wrote: »

3886 and 133 as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Hold your horses. JohnnyFlash didn't win. My own prediction of ETH when it was really low went against the grain firstly shocking people but then finding support. And it came more than true. That said, the only winner in this contest is banie01:

3886 and 133 as we speak
    You obviously were hitting the sherry late last night. Who decided 1.30am was when it would be measured.

The correct time to measure is 00.01 on the 25th. Johnnyflash was the closest. Not surprising. He's the most knowledgeable and insightful poster when it comes to the whole crypto scene. Not surprised he was pretty much bang on the money.

What's the long term prognosis Johnny?

PS Happy Christmas to all you. Hope its a nice relaxed day. Enjoy yourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

BTC $800

• Advertisement

You obviously were hitting the sherry late last night. Who decided 1.30am was when it would be measured.

The correct time to measure is 00.01 on the 25th. Johnnyflash was the closest. Not surprising. He's the most knowledgeable and insightful poster when it comes to the whole crypto scene. Not surprised he was pretty much bang on the money.

What's the long term prognosis Johnny?

PS Happy Christmas to all you. Hope its a nice relaxed day. Enjoy yourselves.

And a belated happy Christmas to everyone here as well.

We’ll wait for smacl to recover and see what he/she has to say. I doubt he had 1.35 in the morning in mind as the time when this would be measured. Perhaps after the Queen’s speech or something? It was kind of funny that the arse fell out of it at 10 past 12 though. Listen, it’s all a bit of fun and cheers to Smacl for organising it.

I’ll save the long term prognosis stuff for the new year. Suffice to say it isn’t good. The news that bitmain are laying off most of their staff is a real death rattle for the space.

Hope you all had a great Christmas, results are as follows;

468873.JPG

So the winner is Grindle, for being the only devious b'stard to pick a stablecoin, but the plaudits doubtless go to JohnnyFlash with worthy mentions to Banie01 and Unkel. A few hours could have changed the outcome, but the opening post did say first thing Christmas morning, which I took to be the start of the day, (values at 0:00:04 UTC on coin market cap). Rules should doubtless have forbidden stablecoins, with results weighted by time taken between prediction and outcome, but thems for results for the rules in play. Thanks to all who took part!

Ah, I wasn't expecting mine to count at all.

Well done JF! Could be a sideline as a quant in your future with that accuracy.
    JohnnyFlash: The Cynical Quant
    Has a ring to it.

Any charity you're fond of Johnny?

Ah, I wasn't expecting mine to count at all.

Well done JF! Could be a sideline as a quant in your future with that accuracy.
    JohnnyFlash: The Cynical Quant
    Has a ring to it.

Any charity you're fond of Johnny?

I tend to give a fair amount of money to Betfair over the Christmas, Grindle. I think Alone do great work as a charity.

This is all very civilised at the moment. I’m sure we’ll all be accusing each other of soapboxing, FUD, and posting links from vested interests within a few days though!!

Well I was sh1t wrong...:p

• Advertisement

Truckermal wrote: »
    Well I was sh1t wrong...:p

Same!

If any of us could reliably predict the coins, we wouldn't be posting here, would we? :p

If any of us could reliably predict the coins, we wouldn't be posting here, would we? :p

I dunno, the amount of shítcoin billionaires who still post on Twitter makes me think we'd still be here.

You'd probably post less the more you make but fluffypony and Vitalik are regularly posting on other forums so... I guess there's still time for internet shít-talk. Especially while the tech is very young. Bask in these days, it's going to turn into very corporate-bullshít-talk in a few years. Looking through Bitcointalk's past is like a window into the future. More scams, spam and a tiny percentage of genuine projects hoping to make some element of society better.

I dunno, the amount of shítcoin billionaires who still post on Twitter makes me think we'd still be here.

You'd probably post less the more you make but fluffypony and Vitalik are regularly posting on other forums so... I guess there's still time for internet shít-talk. Especially while the tech is very young. Bask in these days, it's going to turn into very corporate-bullshít-talk in a few years. Looking through Bitcointalk's past is like a window into the future. More scams, spam and a tiny percentage of genuine projects hoping to make some element of society better.

Genuinely best wishes to all, hope Christmas is / was good and relaxing. I’m sure we’ll all be bickering as JF said soon enough but hope anyone invested gets a few quid and also the things I don’t see but others do happen as I don’t have “skin in the game” and I’d never begrudge a few quid to any man......I just don’t see it but doesn’t mean I no more or less than the next punter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

smacl wrote: »
    Hope you all had a great Christmas, results are as follows;

468873.JPG

So the winner is Grindle, for being the only devious b'stard to pick a stablecoin, but the plaudits doubtless go to JohnnyFlash with worthy mentions to Banie01 and Unkel. A few hours could have changed the outcome, but the opening post did say first thing Christmas morning, which I took to be the start of the day, (values at 0:00:04 UTC on coin market cap). Rules should doubtless have forbidden stablecoins, with results weighted by time taken between prediction and outcome, but thems for results for the rules in play. Thanks to all who took part!

Last, f*ck sake!!

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Last, f*ck sake!!

You should start charging people to get price advice on your private Telegram channel with that sort of insight.

Advertisement