Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6A pull cord switch needed

Options
  • 06-12-2018 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,
    I need to replace the 6A pull cord switch for my pump shower. the switch that is up there has 4 connections L IN/L Load & N IN/N Load. But the only switches I can find anywhere have three connections L1, L2 and COM.

Does anyone know where I could get a switch like is already installed. just trying to keep it as simple for rewiring as possible.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Castlerea1121

oojohoo1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I need to replace the 6A pull cord switch for my pump shower. the switch that is up there has 4 connections L IN/L Load & N IN/N Load. But the only switches I can find anywhere have three connections L1, L2 and COM.

Does anyone know where I could get a switch like is already installed. just trying to keep it as simple for rewiring as possible.

Thanks

Do you have a picture as it sounds low 6a for a shower

Something like this is what you want I think https://www.ie.screwfix.com/crabtree-50a-pull-cord-switch-neon.html

• Registered Users Posts: 37 oojohoo1

Photos just added to the post

• Registered Users Posts: 37 oojohoo1

Something like this is what you want I think

Ya, I seen those. Am I right in saying as the MCB is 10A it dosent matter if the pull switch is a higher rating?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Presumably it's for a power shower.

It should be noted, however, that works in a domestic bathroom are Restricted Electrical Works.

• Advertisement

oojohoo1 wrote: »
    Ya, I seen those. Am I right in saying as the MCB is 10A it dosent matter if the pull switch is a higher rating?

Yes that's right

Advertisement