Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Ballycullen

Options
  • 06-12-2018 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi. Am about to enter the property market as a first time buyer and had hoped to buy in Rathfarnham but looks like Ballycullen is more in my price range. I have very little knowledge of the place though so was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on it please, in particular how safe and quiet or not it is.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Very safe, very quiet. by and large. Traffic in the morning is a nightmare, but the area is pretty well serviced by buses.

Watch out for Daletree Place and Stocking Avenue, but otherwise a solid choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Very quiet, infact for me it would be too quiet but that's not a negative for everyonw.
    Also yeah the traffic is horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

Traffic depends on what time you're leaving and if you have school run or not. I live here and am generally on the road by about 7.10 and find the traffic fine. Area is good, quiet. You need a car to get around for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 happihat

Buying in Manor Estate, Dublin 12

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Traffic is the biggest concern, especially if you work in the City Centre.

• Advertisement
Advertisement