Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are 40 / 43" 4K TV's worth the upgrade?

• 06-12-2018 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭

My current set is a 2010 Samsung LCD 1080p. Great picture quality, especially with SD tv, decent for gaming, rarely plugged in a usb stick with a video file it couldn't handle.

I'm out in the sticks with 10mb broadband so not sure if streaming alot of 4k content is really a go-er. Will be upgrading to a PS4 Pro soon and since it's been almost a decade since I've splurged on a tv, I'm very tempted to get the most out of the console with a new set.

Since I last took the plunge 40" screens have become small beer it seems, everything is 50" plus now. My living room really doesnt suit such a big screen, it would look ridiculous tbh and I wouldn't be sitting far enough away from it either.

So my question is, is it worth dropping €4/500 now on a 40 or 43" 4k screen? I've read that the increase in pixels is sort of lost at this size and that you need something approaching 50" to get the best out of 4k?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not a hope unless you’re sitting right on top of the TV, I moved to a 65” 4K from a 1080p and from 13 feet there’s no difference. I also have a 136” projector screen and there’s feck all difference there between 1080p and 4K.

Advertisement